User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
    So true. Mine when from holding hands and being kind to death threats in 48hrs because he misunderstood something I said. Has never apologized, even though i tried to hold out an olive branch. WEIRD.
    hmm death threats? damn...

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by tooltime View Post
    How do you best communicate with an istp?

- VOCALLY, our creator gave us vocal cords. Please, say it.

If you are stressed/upset what is the best way to comfort or reassure you?

- We need chill time. YES. away from people. If you smother us we might leave with out you. We know ourselves very well, and will ask for reassurance only to comfort you. It takes a long time for us to decide, but once its done, its done, by then we don't really require reassurance. We do over analyze important decision to the extent that we may appear wishy washy, were not, we look at all angles before making the correct choice. On non important things spontaneity will arise. If its no big deal, why overwork our brains?
    so true wow...

MBTI
    TNT

I'd understand if someone asked how to communicate with an INTP (they can be impossible to understand) but ISTPs are rarely complicated people. That's one of the reasons why I like them.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_ View Post
    I'd understand if someone asked how to communicate with an INTP (they can be impossible to understand) but ISTPs are rarely complicated people. That's one of the reasons why I like them.
    Wha?

MBTI
    TNT

I'm just having trouble with one for years, that's all

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

Hummm...one of my best friends (female) is an ISTP and I communicate with her waaaay different than I do my other Fe friends. I usually have to figure out when she is upset, because she sure as hell isn't going to tell me unless it is an absolutely devastating situation. I usually ask her some questions and if she says she is fine, I leave it alone (even if I KNOW otherwise). If she wants to talk, I let her tell me whatever she wants to share. I offer my opinion or possible solution (if appropriate) but I don't get overly sappy or make her feel like I pity her. When she is done talking, I let it go. Basically, I don't push...ever.

My brother in law is also an ISTP...I really like him, but I swear I will never figure him out. He runs hot and cold. I say hello, if I get a grunt I leave him alone. If I get a "hey!!!" we chat, but he hardly ever talks about anything emotional (even the most basic statements, like "I'm in a bad mood") - as a matter of fact, he told my sister he has no emotions so there is nothing to discuss. Pretty much everyone steers clear of him when he is in a bad mood except for my sis (ESFJ) who will tell him in no uncertain terms that he is a jerk. But I wouldn't recommend that.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Also,

It's actually really easy. Get to the point of what you're trying to say.
    Yes.

The other night I was talking to someone, and he was geeking out about his topic, talking nonstop. I had to pee, so I went to the bathroom, and he just kept on like I was still in the room. That was weird.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Also,

It's actually really easy. Get to the point of what you're trying to say.
    Exactly. The surest way to annoy me is to speak indirectly or ramble on too long without any real end or point to your words. I'll either get bored and find something else to do than listen to you, or bluntly ask "what's the point?"
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I'm speaking for myself here with the thought of how I react to strangers and casual acquaintances. After all, everyone starts out that way.

Don't require too much conversation too soon. It's normal for us to not speak or to speak a few words upon the first few meetings. The people I like best are people who don't make me feel uncomfortable about this.

I second Steph about asking us for an opinion but don't be discouraged if we don't have one about what you're asking about. Pick something else.

I would say just be natural and yourself. Realize we listen to conversations and pay attention to eye contact and expressions. You can communicate with us even when you don't speak to us.

Stressed? Listen and make us laugh or distract us. That's enough.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

ask a lot of leading questions..that usually gets me talking