User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Ti-Se & Se-Ti

MBTI
    CAGE

Default Ti-Se & Se-Ti

How are the two function interplays different in everyday situations?

I.E:

In a conversation
    In a ev. gameplay situation
    In an analysis of a subjectivly seen, interesting subject

Se as we all know is different in an ESxP than in an ISxP. I wanna know how..

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by fusetah View Post
    How are the two function interplays different in everyday situations?

I.E:

In a conversation
    In a ev. gameplay situation
    In an analysis of a subjectivly seen, interesting subject

Se as we all know is different in an ESxP than in an ISxP. I wanna know how..
    I think that largely comes down to the dominance order. In an ISP, the judging functions is dominant. It uses Se to find information that interests, then orders Se to focus upon that subject.

An ISTP who plays football will be liable to focus on the technical paspects, using Se to determine which bits they need to work on, be it passing, shooting, penalties or whatever. Other aspects develop afterwards.

In an ESP, Se is in charge. It wil cast the net further, drawing in information from a wide variety of sources and then look through it using the judging function.

An ESTP who plays football will take a more general approach, practicing technical skills less but looking into other aspects more, considering group tactics, they way individual teams and players prefer to play, how to unsettle the opponent and get a psychological edge and so on.

ISPs and ESPs tend to approach things in a similar way, but with a difference in focus - and how much they focus.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm curious about the Ti-Se perspective, as sometimes it fits better than Ti-Ne.

MBTI
    STP

With me Ti doesnt play awhole lot into conversation. Its into logical analysis so if everything seems logical it really doesnt do much.

Ti is not an in the moment thing, my Se is all about the moment and the moment consists of so much more then conversation that its hard to focus strictly on the conversation.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    With me Ti doesnt play awhole lot into conversation. Its into logical analysis so if everything seems logical it really doesnt do much.
    I wish I could say this was the case for me more often. The worst is when I come out of problem solving mode to have a conversation with someone. Or even worse... with a client. There's been numerous occasions where I've been troubleshooting a program on their computer and they crack a joke or something to start a conversation with me. But alas, I'm in Ti world... *Crickets* I'll have co-workers that happened to walk by during this then tease me about it later... and I'd have no idea it happened at all. I have a reputation for being a space cadet. But yeah, like Poki, I have trouble focusing on a single conversation. Especially if I'm outside. And it's sunny. And there are small animals around. Or if I smell good food. Or if there's a puzzle that just happens to be lying around.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I wish I could say this was the case for me more often. The worst is when I come out of problem solving mode to have a conversation with someone. Or even worse... with a client. There's been numerous occasions where I've been troubleshooting a program on their computer and they crack a joke or something to start a conversation with me. But alas, I'm in Ti world... *Crickets* I'll have co-workers that happened to walk by during this then tease me about it later... and I'd have no idea it happened at all. I have a reputation for being a space cadet. But yeah, like Poki, I have trouble focusing on a single conversation. Especially if I'm outside. And it's sunny. And there are small animals around. Or if I smell good food. Or if there's a puzzle that just happens to be lying around.
    So does your Se distract you when your outside and having a conversation?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    So does your Se distract you when your outside and having a conversation?
    Oh, very much so. I almost always go into Se mode when I'm outside.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    CAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I think that largely comes down to the dominance order. In an ISP, the judging functions is dominant. It uses Se to find information that interests, then orders Se to focus upon that subject.

An ISTP who plays football will be liable to focus on the technical paspects, using Se to determine which bits they need to work on, be it passing, shooting, penalties or whatever. Other aspects develop afterwards.

In an ESP, Se is in charge. It wil cast the net further, drawing in information from a wide variety of sources and then look through it using the judging function.

An ESTP who plays football will take a more general approach, practicing technical skills less but looking into other aspects more, considering group tactics, they way individual teams and players prefer to play, how to unsettle the opponent and get a psychological edge and so on.

ISPs and ESPs tend to approach things in a similar way, but with a difference in focus - and how much they focus.
    Good reply, may I ask where you got this info from?

Oh, and as I understood it, I is more individual as in subjective while E is more focusing on the group as in objective(as objective one can be as an individual)

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I had a door to door person come by the other day and there was so many other things going on with him besides hiw conversation that he would ask me a question and I was so clueless as I wasnt even paying attention to his actual words. They were trying to convince me of something that I had no interest in his attempts. I was more interested in the mannerism, his expressions as they told more about him then what he was saying. His words were like "I am doing this to blah, blah, blah help my college fund blah, blah, blah" The second I heard help for college I didnt need anymore convincing, but just more of a convincing of his truth and honesty and as he went on and on all I did was attempt to read him visually, inflection wise, etc. Everytime he would ask me a question I was like "what?" I so wanted to say "I wasnt listening to a word you said". He had to repeat his jokes which probably had to do with what he was picking up from me. Was more of an observation mode. Ti happened after the fact.

I have the same problem with food, puzzles, etc as well.
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've always seen personality as a type of voracious snake!

I've always looked at it as my Se is like a mouth- always trying new things and taking in huge amounts of information from everything... the Ti is the poor stomach which is stuck to sort out everything that the Se tosses at it... Se doesn't always listen to Ti very well... I talk first and then think on a lot of occasions and I LOVE collecting information from everywhere, without real thought as to WHY I want the information

To complete the entire picture, my Fe is the camouflage that is used to make the personality appear less threatening and more pleasant and the Ni is the evil little reptilian brain that usually isn't functioning but occasionally kicks in to warn of danger and such
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett