• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP's and commitment

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have a major commitment issue, but sometimes I feel as though I'm not as committed as everyone else. Showing up to things late, not showing up to class, my wandering eye when it comes to relationships, getting sick of jobs quickly, and moving annually. I always think I am justified in everything I do. But over time, it appears that I am not committed to anything. Any SP's overcome these issues?

Edit:I have even signed onto vent only to walk away.

KDude

i am the king of slackers.. so bad that i have to scare myself now into getting with the f'in program. it's just not funny anymore. :cool:

my friend summed it up.. he called me the "quitter". :doh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:blush: I have the attention span of a gnat, and have, in the past, been known to tell men that I was only sleeping with them but not committing to them because I really didn't feel like being that settled! I also couldn't decide on just one course of study and ended up with 3 degrees... just pick one is a terrible thing to say! :horor:

I finally found a man who's WORTH committing to now... I actually am happy enough with him that I don't feel like running off! :holy: That was just by random chance as well :unsure:

I'd say that the problem is more of getting bored with things easily... eventually you'll find something or someone that actually fits you better and you'll be more likely to want to stay :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:blush: I have the attention span of a gnat, and have, in the past, been known to tell men that I was only sleeping with them but not committing to them because I really didn't feel like being that settled! I also couldn't decide on just one course of study and ended up with 3 degrees... just pick one is a terrible thing to say! :horor:

I finally found a man who's WORTH committing to now... I actually am happy enough with him that I don't feel like running off! :holy: That was just by random chance as well :unsure:

I'd say that the problem is more of getting bored with things easily... eventually you'll find something or someone that actually fits you better and you'll be more likely to want to stay :)

The reason I bring up this thread is because I've just finished an associates degree that took me 7 years, met a man that I absolutely adore, and is already complaining that I seem bored, (3rd in a row that had this complaint), and have lived at my decent place for less than a year and already am ready to move, and have been at the same job for 3 years and am about ready to quit regardless of whether or not it will mean unemployment for a while. I feel that perhaps it's all me, not them.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure what advice to give because I generally suck at things of that sort myself :unsure:

really, the man thing just sort of clicked, but I've had issues replacing the job that I quit when I got really bored and frustrated with it and I actually moved here from a city an hour and a half away a couple of years ago for a change of scenery :sorry:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I have to really care, and if I do really care then I'm very commited, but I don't really care about much...

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:)
Maybe I should go to the SJ forum for advice.

(though having people relate may make me feel more normal...)

KDude

fwiw, you don't seem so bad. i've never been at a job for 3 yrs. or even 2.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am immediately able to assess my interest in any phenomena, whether people, places, or things.

If I get anything other than an "AAA+++ Platinum" vibe from something I'm just not interested.

I have always been a devoted fan of the finer things in life. :yes:

Because of this I have rarely committed, but on the same token when I have committed it has never been a disappointment. :newwink:

:woot: :party2: :yay:
:static: :static: :static: :static: :static:
:happy: :moonwalk: :rock: :party: :smoke: :bananallama:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
fwiw, you don't seem so bad. i've never been at a job for 3 yrs. or even 2.

you say fwiw a lot. It has a soothing effect.

Don't try it, it feels like 20 years!!

KDude

you say fwiw a lot. It has a soothing effect.

Don't try it, it feels like 20 years!!

does it? :) well that's nice to hear

i'd love to find something i can put my heart into that long though... a part of me wants to be like anyone else..have some sense of duty. just on my own terms, y'know?

and grats on school too. i keep pulling out of college, and haven't done what you did yet (associates).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oooh... yeah, being happily settled in a job for my entire working life sounds rather pleasant economically... but it'd have to be a pretty interesting job for me to keep up the will to keep going back :laugh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
oooh... yeah, being happily settled in a job for my entire working life sounds rather pleasant economically... but it'd have to be a pretty interesting job for me to keep up the will to keep going back :laugh:

I know.
At my job, I've become one of these bossy, opinionated people who yells a lot. Think it's time to move on. I love my co workers and the residents I work for. But I feel like it's time to go.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
the thing is, there are always so many options out there...it's fun to jump around and try a bit of each

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you folks for confirming my suspicions that commitment is overrated.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Completely overrated.
The idea of sitting in an office for eight hours a day, five days a week, for years and years of tedious paperwork is so horrifying. I'd spend my whole paycheck on the psychiatrist that I would need after working full time in the SP vision of hell...
sigh...

Thank you folks for confirming my suspicions that commitment is overrated.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Completely overrated.
The idea of sitting in an office for eight hours a day, five days a week, for years and years of tedious paperwork is so horrifying. I'd spend my whole paycheck on the psychiatrist that I would need after working full time in the SP vision of hell...
sigh...

:(

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
i commit in relationships :) other stuff im flaky tho!!!!

wolfy

awsm
I have to really care, and if I do really care then I'm very committed, but I don't really care about much...

I'm like that too. Doesn't even have to make a lot of sense. I can be committed to anything from the most stupidest of things to the most important of things. Autonomy is an important factor in whether I will really commit, I think. Mastery maybe? I want to prove I can do it.

I can be anywhere from really relaxed about getting there on time to total Blues Brothers like commitment.

Purpose, autonomy and mastery?

I think an end goal can help with commitment in a lot of areas. This far and it's time to re-clarify.