User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

yeah, i think Quinlan and wolfy have it right on.

as far as job commitment, i was the poster child for anti-commitment and radical and rapid job changes. but when i found firefighting it just clicked, and i saw myself as a firefighter for life. although even as a firefighter you work 48 hours straight and then have 5 days off - so even when i "settled" on a career as a firefighter i still worked as a paramedic, an electrician, a machinist, a crane operator, and a dozen other things on the side. hahaha!

but i think sometimes that is how it is for committing to something - you don't know what you're looking for until you find it.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I commit when I think something is good enough of my commitment. Other than that, I don't commit well I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I commit when I think something is good enough of my commitment. Other than that, I don't commit well I suppose.
    Yeah, that is exactly how I am too. Once I am committed, I'm fiercely loyal.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ same here... if I've made up my mind and gotten hooked (which happens by accident! )
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Completely overrated.
    The idea of sitting in an office for eight hours a day, five days a week, for years and years of tedious paperwork is so horrifying.
    That's pretty much my job. I love it!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    IsTP

I'm something until I'm not something, but I'm only not something if something isn't worth being. I may go back to something if something changes, or my perception of something changes.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

I'm gonna say.. that despite hating work.. i have no problem committing to relationships. I don't really have much to say on it though in practice (not enough relationships). My relationships implode or sputter out, personalities become more incompatible than what they seemed at first, and I feel pretty upset about them for awhile. I don't walk away easily or anything like that.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by man View Post
    i commit in relationships other stuff im flaky tho!!!!
    +1.

otherwise... forget it. But it's also highly likely that I have ADHD. Going to a psychiatrist and trying to figure it out, although I'm kind of already over the concept of ADHD, now that I've read everything about it and all-

It's like.... next!

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I'm something until I'm not something, but I'm only not something if something isn't worth being. I may go back to something if something changes, or my perception of something changes.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't have a major commitment issue, but sometimes I feel as though I'm not as committed as everyone else. Showing up to things late, not showing up to class, my wandering eye when it comes to relationships, getting sick of jobs quickly, and moving annually. I always think I am justified in everything I do. But over time, it appears that I am not committed to anything. Any SP's overcome these issues?

Edit:I have even signed onto vent only to walk away.
    From an SJ point of view, I value things that are lasting because that's the way my heart works. It's like the way you love your first car or cat that you've had for 16 years. Things that are old and lasting become a source of comfort and pride. You can turn to someone and say, "look how much we've been through together." That's the idea, though the reality of lasting relationships and situations might fall short of that. I'm not sure.