• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] @SPs: Are you good at making excuses?

Are you good at fast excuses?

• Yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Are you good at making fast excuses?

Ex:

"You split water everywhere!"
"It's okay! The floor needed cleaning anyways."

Heinel

MBTI Type
TiSe
Enneagram
5w4
I usually don't bother with making excuses, just make some noise and forget it.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

Ex:

I'm the friggin master at making excuses. I never thought of it as an SP trait though. :huh:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I just blame it on the dog-always.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I am, but I don't ever do it.
If I screw up, I just fix it, or say "Ooops!" and then "Whatever." :happy:
Excuses only satisfy those who make them.
Real people care about results, not excuses. :yes:

une_autre

MBTI Type
ESTP
I suck at making excuses, but then again, who's actually good at that? Better just to say "sorry".

Whenever you hear somebody making a contrived/pathetic excuse, think that you sound exactly the same when you do it.

Sunny Ghost

I suck at making excuses, but then again, who's actually good at that? Better just to say "sorry".

Whenever you hear somebody making a contrived/pathetic excuse, think that you sound exactly the same when you do it.

i completely agree and typically avoid excuses in most situations.

however, when i'm waiting tables at work and my boss comes up to me bitchin' I have a tendency to mouth off an excuse out of stress. i think it's because i do take a lot of pride in my work, and for my boss to get on to me for something makes me feel as though he thinks of me as inadequate. when i work, i work hard, and so i don't take too kindly to yelling when i'm doing my absolute best.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, I am, but I don't ever do it.
If I screw up, I just fix it, or say "Ooops!" and then "Whatever." :happy:
Excuses only satisfy those who make them.
Real people care about results, not excuses. :yes:

You sound like an ESTJ. :shock:

*Splashes some of that cold spilled water on you to revive you*

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Making excuses is my CAREER. If you're a P, it's an adaptive survival trait. :smile:

You know though... I wonder if I can start a business as a professional consultant - an Excuse Provider. :devil:

Caller: "Oh, yeah see I was supposed to have a PowerPoint presentation ready for a meeting today."
Me: "Got any kids?"
Caller: "yes, a 10 year old boy."
Me: "Tell your boss he sneezed on your keyboard and now your laptop has viruses."

THIS IDEA IS NOW PATENTED.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm the master.
Currently I'm making up excuses to be able to drop my F in calculus from last year so I don't have to retake it.
So far, I have emotional turmoil, extreme stress about my maxillofacial surgery that I waited for for 13 years, and something else...depression, I think it was.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Yes. I can come up with a plausible excuse in a second, for almost anything, and never mix up my stories or anything of the like....I think I would have actually failed out of middle/high school without that ability.

If it sounds like BS, you're doing it wrong. Situation: You took thursday and friday off to go to the beach, come back on monday, and haven't done an large assignment (for high school, doesn't work for college obviously) that was due and assigned a while ago.

Wrong Answers: "I was on vacation". "I left it at home". "I was sick".
Correct sort of answer: "I had the *insert moderately severe illness that takes as long as you've been out here* (Stomach virus is great for one day absences), and I was sick in bed Thursday through the weekend. I'm only even here today because of xxxx test that I couldn't miss. I'll try to have it made up for you by tomorrow or wednesday, okay?" Combine with acting sick, and remembering to stay in character for the entire duration of your class, and no one will ever question it.

In short: Excuses with a reasonable explanation and body cues to back them up, as long as you don't use the same one often (and as long as you don't make a habit of excuses every day), almost always work. I feel sorry for those not quick on their feet with explanations.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ex:

I often find myself comforting people about their own stupidity.

Well, I'll uh, smooth that one out a bit by using a more politically correct term.

aka..."differing intelligences."

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thats 1/2 my job.

:laugh:

To the OP...

I did it a lot more when I was younger. Yeah. I was good at it because I didn't do it all the time so when I needed an 'out' no one questioned me. An added benefit of being under the radar.

Now I just shrug and move on.