User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Default Laziest things you've ever done?

I vaguely recall a thread about SPs being lazy. And now I'm intrigued... and lazy... and wondering what are some the laziest things you've ever done, SPs? Why, do you ask? Because frankly, I find some of it brilliant. And hilarious. And let's face it, we're just conserving our energy for more fun and interesting things.

As for me, here's a few off the top of my head:

-I once missed my connecting flight from Philadelphia to New York because I didn't want to run across the airport. So I had a friend pick me up and drive me. I know... I'm awful.

-In high school, my best friend (ESTP) lived a few houses down from me. We would drive to each others' houses.

-I was recently pointed out by the guy I'm dating that I become quite acrobatic when I don't want to stand up and get out of bed. I'll stretch out, with my feet still clinging to the bed for support, to turn off a floor lamp or grab my phone.

I'm just waiting for another ISTP to top me as "Laziest ISTP Ever."
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Permabanned

I can be pretty damn lazy at times, and just slack when the opportunity arises. For example after dropping my friend home last night i decided to drop by mcdonalds and buy a quarter pounder with cheese at 12:30 am lol.

The laziest thing I have ever done was put this meaningless sentence in your thread.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I lost the Netflix return envelope to The Dark Knight, and instead of just going to the post office and getting something to mail it back out, I told Netflix I lost the DvD and charge me for the movie. This also took me a year to do. Rented the movie in Feb 09, and said I lost it last month.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I lost the Netflix return envelope to The Dark Knight, and instead of just going to the post office and getting something to mail it back out, I told Netflix I lost the DvD and charge me for the movie. This also took me a year to do. Rented the movie in Feb 09, and said I lost it last month.
    ... and so, Jock dominates the thread.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I stay in my room waiting to be served food and other things I can't be bothered with.

I have never done homework.

I haven't left my bed for a month now.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    something similar.. i canceled my Sprint (cell carrier) account over 3 yrs ago, and there's just 5 dollars left that i owe them in my bill.. they were sending reminders for two years until just giving up.

i could have mailed it, or just driven several blocks to a sprint store and paid it.

I forgot to check my visa and ended up overstaying a year. I got let off.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I'm too lazy to answer to that thread.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Alot of my laziness is actually a facet of me being extremely impatient.

For instance, I call ahead for everything so it is ready when I pick it up, like deli meats/cheeses at the grocery store, pharmacy prescriptions, shoes out for repair, pizza, carry out dinner, etc. Sometimes I will mulligan the carry out dinner call if the restaurant has a nice full bar, because I have no issue at all with waiting on my food while enjoying a bad ass cocktail or three.

Where I have differences in how I do things with my wife, for example laundry, I do not execute her "proprietary" needs. Both of us do laundry on an on-going basis, as in if there is a load to be washed, we throw it in the washer, and if there is a load to be dried we throw it in the dryer, and if there is a load already dried, then we have agreed to lay out the contents flat in a big pile, so we don't have to fold it right away and so the stuff doesn't get all wrinkled sitting in a lump in the dryer. BUT - she likes to turn her t-shirts (and the kids ) inside out, to "preserve" the decal or whatever is emblazened on the front/back of the shirt. I disagree with this, as it creates work in having to get each inside out garment into right side out configuration and then lay it flat in the pile, so I just lay them flat in the pile inside out. AND - if I end up being the one to fold the big ass pile (which I do pretty regularly) I fold the damn shirts inside out, and their owner has to turn them right side out when they want to wear it. :yim_rolling_on_the_

Don't get me wrong, I'm a team player, I do a hell of alot of the household laundry, and I wash her bras and undies in their own load on handwashables (gentle) with dye/fragrance free detergent, and hang the bras up to dry instead of ruining them in the dryer. I also match all the damn socks together and fold them as it is fun for me and my OCD.

I will pay for all kinds of things to get done, whether it is get the lawn mowed/edged, get the car washed, get the carpets steam cleaned, etc. When I was younger I did it all myself to save money and get the stuff done better than paid services most of the time, but now I have lowered my standards on these petty on-going tasks and outsource them so I can sit on my ass some from time to time.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro