User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 65

  1. #21
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    ^

  2. #22
    Junior Member Roach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ISTp
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    i'll post in this thread later
    Looks at registration date and post count

  3. #23
    Senior Member Yloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    ENFj
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    I'm too lazy to answer to that thread.
    .

  4. #24
    Senior Member ilovereeses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP
    Posts
    117

    Default

    I lay in bed on my laptop for hours because I'm waiting till I *feel* like getting up and getting a drink so that I can take my medicine before I go to sleep.
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

    ~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

    ~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

  5. #25
    Senior Member surgery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Ugh, Last night I watched Jennifer's Body and New Moon instead of studying for a business final that I am 100% sure I failed.

    I also ordered a $65 dollar pair of dance pants online. They were hideous, so I never wore them,
    but was to lazy to even think about how I might send them back.
    After about 5 months, I just threw them away.

  6. #26
    Senior Member ilovereeses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    xNFP
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surgery View Post


    I also ordered a $65 dollar pair of dance pants online. They were hideous, so I never wore them,
    but was to lazy to even think about how I might send them back.
    After about 5 months, I just threw them away.
    Lol! I have had a few experiences like this too. One with some car seat covers. They never fit, so they just sit in the trunk of my car...
    eNFP 9w8 sx/sp

    ~Don't ignore the truth, it will set you free.

    ~10% of life is what happens to you, 90% of life is how you deal with it.

  7. #27
    Senior Member mcmartinez84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I lost the Netflix return envelope to The Dark Knight, and instead of just going to the post office and getting something to mail it back out, I told Netflix I lost the DvD and charge me for the movie. This also took me a year to do. Rented the movie in Feb 09, and said I lost it last month.
    I haven't resorted to calling it lost yet. I had Man on Fire for about 6 months, knew exactly where it was but just didn't watch it even tho I wanted to. Now I have a football movie (can't remember the title) but I moved out of my apartment into my house before watching it and now idk where it is. Seeing as I still have a TON of stuff in my garage to unpack, I'll probably never find it

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I will pay for all kinds of things to get done, whether it is get the lawn mowed/edged, get the car washed, get the carpets steam cleaned, etc. When I was younger I did it all myself to save money and get the stuff done better than paid services most of the time, but now I have lowered my standards on these petty on-going tasks and outsource them so I can sit on my ass some from time to time.
    I have a dude mow my lawn (but not too often 'cause I really don't care as long as the neighbors don't report me, lol).
    And I have a housekeeper come by every 2 weeks 'cause....
    When I lived alone in college I had a bad dishwasher in my last apt that I was in for 1.5 yrs. Sooooo, the dishes would PILE UP. Oh and I called the landlady about it and she said a plumber came out and couldn't find anything wrong with the damn thing even tho it LEAKED ALL OVER THE FLOOR and would completely soak a bath towel... She said he'd recommended filling the dishwasher completely with dishes before running it so the dishes would prevent the water from splashing near the edges and leaking.... WHAT THE FUCK! Anyway, doing dishes is stupid, so I let them pile up... This one time...I had run out of bowls (and probably plates) and I ate cereal with milk out of a small pot....and after that was dirty...I ate cereal out of my 2-cup measuring cup glass thinger.
    Now that I have a housekeeper it's not really a big deal, but I used to keep old underwear juuuust in case I got too lazy to do laundry...which happened fairly regularly altho not *every* laundry cycle.

    I regularly have dirty clothes in MANY different piles around my house. I've gotten a lot better. Before, I had the laundry basket in my room by my closet, but I've since moved it to the bathroom 'cause that's where most of my clothes end up. When it's full, the clothes pile up around it 'cause doing laundry is for lamers...which bring me to my next point:
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I wash mixed loads of laundry- I do not sort... after the first few washes red things quit turning everything else pink anyways (lucky for me the man does laundry the same way that I do! )
    Also, whatever: I wish I'd thought of the jet feature on a hose for dishes!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i avoid buying clothes i have to iron
    and...
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I just wear the clothes wrinkled
    Yeah...I can't really be bothered to iron. I've had one since freshman year and the first couple of loads of laundry I did, I'd iron a bunch of stuff.... And the novelty wore off after that. I also used it for a minute when I first started work as a real member of the workforce. But I gave up on that rather quickly too. No one really cares if my pants are perfectly ironed and shirts end up getting wrinkles in the same joint areas and flatten out in the rest of the areas all on their own when you wear them... No point wasting time by ironing! I'd much rather sleep in!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    i'll post in this thread later
    lol


    Ummm....a couple of things that have cost me money:

    I bought a cellphone on eBay that doesn't work in the US and I never returned it even tho I could have.
    I bought an xBox controller charger set with one battery pack (out of two) that doesn't work. I emailed the company telling them and they told me to send them a copy of the receipt so they could issue an RMA...but I never did that. I got a free charging set from my credit card reward points instead.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

  8. #28
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surgery View Post
    Ugh, Last night I watched Jennifer's Body and New Moon instead of studying for a business final that I am 100% sure I failed.
    I am SOOO guilty of pulling shit like this!

    Quote Originally Posted by surgery View Post
    I also ordered a $65 dollar pair of dance pants online. They were hideous, so I never wore them,
    but was to lazy to even think about how I might send them back.
    After about 5 months, I just threw them away.
    Didn't even give them to Goodwill? Hilarious!

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I haven't resorted to calling it lost yet. I had Man on Fire for about 6 months, knew exactly where it was but just didn't watch it even tho I wanted to. Now I have a football movie (can't remember the title) but I moved out of my apartment into my house before watching it and now idk where it is. Seeing as I still have a TON of stuff in my garage to unpack, I'll probably never find it
    I found CDs that I had been looking for, for almost 3 years, in a random box in the corner of my closet, that I threw a bunch of shit in 3 years ago and forgot about.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I have a dude mow my lawn (but not too often 'cause I really don't care as long as the neighbors don't report me, lol).
    Hell yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    And I have a housekeeper come by every 2 weeks...
    This is the next servant I am working on. Instead of paying any of the damn housekeeping services in the yellow pages, I've found it much easier to find a friend that needs to make a little extra money. If you find the right person, then you end up with a person who does good work for less money than you would pay for a professional service, and you know who is in your place, which to me is important, I don't like strangers in my home. And the housekeeper ends up with a cash job, no taxes, and has the comfort of being able to blast the stereo and have a beer or two in the course of cleaning the place. A true win/win situation!

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I regularly have dirty clothes in MANY different piles around my house. I've gotten a lot better. Before, I had the laundry basket in my room by my closet, but I've since moved it to the bathroom 'cause that's where most of my clothes end up. When it's full, the clothes pile up around it 'cause doing laundry is for lamers...
    I hate laundry.
    Laundry is a manifestation of Lucifer, the dark one, as laundry is EVIL.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Yeah...I can't really be bothered to iron.
    I fucking hate ironing and will NEVER do it again in my life.

    Luckily, alot of great guy's business clothes come in "wrinkle free" fabrics nowadays. These are not polyester shit fabrics either, most are 100% cotton. All my business shirts and slacks are cut from these low maintenance fabrics. I take them to my tailor and get the shirts and pants fitted, so all I have to do is wash them, dry them, and put them on a hanger right as the dryer cycle ends, and they look like great, clean, no wrinkles, and they fit great. This actually saves me LOTS of money in dry cleaning costs every month AND spares me the effort of dropping shit off/picking shit up at the dry cleaners.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I bought a cellphone on eBay that doesn't work in the US and I never returned it even tho I could have.
    I bought an xBox controller charger set with one battery pack (out of two) that doesn't work. I emailed the company telling them and they told me to send them a copy of the receipt so they could issue an RMA...but I never did that. I got a free charging set from my credit card reward points instead.
    Hilarious! :yim_rolling_on_the_
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

  9. #29
    Senior Member mcmartinez84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    This is the next servant I am working on. Instead of paying any of the damn housekeeping services in the yellow pages, I've found it much easier to find a friend that needs to make a little extra money. If you find the right person, then you end up with a person who does good work for less money than you would pay for a professional service, and you know who is in your place, which to me is important, I don't like strangers in my home. And the housekeeper ends up with a cash job, no taxes, and has the comfort of being able to blast the stereo and have a beer or two in the course of cleaning the place. A true win/win situation!
    For real. I didn't go thru a service. This lady came recommended by the family of a college friend that's from/lives here.

    I have a friend at work that (years ago) was looking for a similar deal but no one they asked had anyone to recommend. The service they randomly picked in the phone book sent some lady that (after a long time of working there) ended up stealing a bunch of Rx drugs from the cabinet. When they told people about it they yelled "Why did you go thru a service?!" Well 'cause no one had ANY words of wisdom when they asked...that's why

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Luckily, alot of great guy's business clothes come in "wrinkle free" fabrics nowadays. These are not polyester shit fabrics either, most are 100% cotton. All my business shirts and slacks are cut from these low maintenance fabrics. I take them to my tailor and get the shirts and pants fitted, so all I have to do is wash them, dry them, and put them on a hanger right as the dryer cycle ends, and they look like great, clean, no wrinkles, and they fit great. This actually saves me LOTS of money in dry cleaning costs every month AND spares me the effort of dropping shit off/picking shit up at the dry cleaners.
    I'm jealous of your clothes! The women's clothes that are cotton and come wrinkle-free look like my mother and grandmother might wear them.

    I wear a bunch of polos to work...or sweaters when it's colder. Keeping it simple, for sure. I work for a retail store, so I get a discount...as soon as I find 1 shirt that works, I buy it in about 5 colors. I essentially have a uniform for work that falls within dress code.

    Yeah, I'm a lazy dresser. I go for comfort and Idc much about fashion. At all. If it's cute *and* comfortable, I'll wear it. Otherwise, no thanks. No accessories besides my watch and bracelet I've had for 15 years. No earrings (don't even have piercings), no necklaces...belt only for work (damn dress code). Who wants to make all of that crap match?!
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

  10. #30
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I have a friend at work that (years ago) was looking for a similar deal but no one they asked had anyone to recommend. The service they randomly picked in the phone book sent some lady that (after a long time of working there) ended up stealing a bunch of Rx drugs from the cabinet. When they told people about it they yelled "Why did you go thru a service?!" Well 'cause no one had ANY words of wisdom when they asked...that's why
    Damn junkies. You know what would be really funny? Hang onto Rx bottles of stuff people would typically steal, and fill them with other shit, like laxatives, or birth control pills, so if a junkie house guest raids them, they will have hell to pay, and no buzz to show for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I'm jealous of your clothes! The women's clothes that are cotton and come wrinkle-free look like my mother and grandmother might wear them.
    That sucks, chick threads should be just as maintenance free as guy threads!

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I wear a bunch of polos to work...or sweaters when it's colder. Keeping it simple, for sure. I work for a retail store, so I get a discount...as soon as I find 1 shirt that works, I buy it in about 5 colors. I essentially have a uniform for work that falls within dress code.
    I totally do this too. Adidas running shorts in all five colors. Polo shirts in fives, same for slacks. Screw it!

    Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    Yeah, I'm a lazy dresser. I go for comfort and Idc much about fashion. At all. If it's cute *and* comfortable, I'll wear it. Otherwise, no thanks. No accessories besides my watch and bracelet I've had for 15 years. No earrings (don't even have piercings), no necklaces...belt only for work (damn dress code). Who wants to make all of that crap match?!
    I'm kind of a fashion whore in all honesty, but I don't buy trendy shit. I am really low maintenace when it comes to casual threads, but I splurge on business clothes. It is of vital importance to me to be able to influence as much as possible, as quickly as possible. As a man, you have to wield several things at once in the workplace to make that happen:

    (1) Know your shit. No one likes to listen to an idiot. Do what you do well, and be quick on your feet.
    (2) Be a big strong bastard. Why? Because no one wants to piss off a big strong bastard.
    (3) Look sharp. If you are a big guy, you can get mistaken for a dumb jock very easily. BUT - if you demonstrate intellect and look like an up and coming CEO, then people generally take you seriously and work with you easily.

    As a guy, if you look sharp and act smart, working ends up being alot easier to deal with. Of course I would ditch working in an instant if I won the lottery, but that hasn't happened yet.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

    Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Similar Threads

  1. What is the laziest thing you've done today?
    By funkadelik in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-22-2017, 10:39 PM
  2. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 01-13-2014, 10:01 AM
  3. What's the rudest thing you've ever done?
    By Asterion in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 09:03 PM
  4. The most spazzed out thing you have ever done?
    By BerberElla in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 03:10 PM
  5. craziest thing you've ever told someone?
    By prplchknz in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 03:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO