• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] Laziest things you've ever done?

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8
I lay in bed on my laptop for hours because I'm waiting till I *feel* like getting up and getting a drink so that I can take my medicine before I go to sleep.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Ugh, Last night I watched Jennifer's Body and New Moon instead of studying for a business final that I am 100% sure I failed.

I also ordered a $65 dollar pair of dance pants online. They were hideous, so I never wore them,
but was to lazy to even think about how I might send them back.
After about 5 months, I just threw them away.

ilovereeses

MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
9w8

I also ordered a $65 dollar pair of dance pants online. They were hideous, so I never wore them,

Lol! I have had a few experiences like this too. One with some car seat covers. They never fit, so they just sit in the trunk of my car...

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I lost the Netflix return envelope to The Dark Knight, and instead of just going to the post office and getting something to mail it back out, I told Netflix I lost the DvD and charge me for the movie. This also took me a year to do. Rented the movie in Feb 09, and said I lost it last month.
I haven't resorted to calling it lost yet. I had Man on Fire for about 6 months, knew exactly where it was but just didn't watch it even tho I wanted to. Now I have a football movie (can't remember the title) but I moved out of my apartment into my house before watching it and now idk where it is. Seeing as I still have a TON of stuff in my garage to unpack, I'll probably never find it ;)

I will pay for all kinds of things to get done, whether it is get the lawn mowed/edged, get the car washed, get the carpets steam cleaned, etc. When I was younger I did it all myself to save money and get the stuff done better than paid services most of the time, but now I have lowered my standards on these petty on-going tasks and outsource them so I can sit on my ass some from time to time. :rofl1:
I have a dude mow my lawn (but not too often 'cause I really don't care as long as the neighbors don't report me, lol).
And I have a housekeeper come by every 2 weeks 'cause....
When I lived alone in college I had a bad dishwasher in my last apt that I was in for 1.5 yrs. Sooooo, the dishes would PILE UP. Oh and I called the landlady about it and she said a plumber came out and couldn't find anything wrong with the damn thing even tho it LEAKED ALL OVER THE FLOOR and would completely soak a bath towel... She said he'd recommended filling the dishwasher completely with dishes before running it so the dishes would prevent the water from splashing near the edges and leaking.... WHAT THE FUCK! Anyway, doing dishes is stupid, so I let them pile up... This one time...I had run out of bowls (and probably plates) and I ate cereal with milk out of a small pot....and after that was dirty...I ate cereal out of my 2-cup measuring cup glass thinger.
Now that I have a housekeeper it's not really a big deal, but I used to keep old underwear juuuust in case I got too lazy to do laundry...which happened fairly regularly altho not *every* laundry cycle.

I regularly have dirty clothes in MANY different piles around my house. I've gotten a lot better. Before, I had the laundry basket in my room by my closet, but I've since moved it to the bathroom 'cause that's where most of my clothes end up. When it's full, the clothes pile up around it 'cause doing laundry is for lamers...which bring me to my next point:
I wash mixed loads of laundry- I do not sort... after the first few washes red things quit turning everything else pink anyways :tongue: (lucky for me the man does laundry the same way that I do! :laugh:)

Also, whatever: I wish I'd thought of the jet feature on a hose for dishes!!

i avoid buying clothes i have to iron :blush:
and...
:peepwall: I just wear the clothes wrinkled
Yeah...I can't really be bothered to iron. I've had one since freshman year and the first couple of loads of laundry I did, I'd iron a bunch of stuff.... And the novelty wore off after that. I also used it for a minute when I first started work as a real member of the workforce. But I gave up on that rather quickly too. No one really cares if my pants are perfectly ironed and shirts end up getting wrinkles in the same joint areas and flatten out in the rest of the areas all on their own when you wear them... No point wasting time by ironing! I'd much rather sleep in!! :D

i'll post in this thread later

lol :laugh:

Ummm....a couple of things that have cost me money:

I bought a cellphone on eBay that doesn't work in the US and I never returned it even tho I could have.
I bought an xBox controller charger set with one battery pack (out of two) that doesn't work. I emailed the company telling them and they told me to send them a copy of the receipt so they could issue an RMA...but I never did that. I got a free charging set from my credit card reward points instead.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ugh, Last night I watched Jennifer's Body and New Moon instead of studying for a business final that I am 100% sure I failed.

I am SOOO guilty of pulling shit like this! :laugh:

Didn't even give them to Goodwill? :shocking: Hilarious! :D

I haven't resorted to calling it lost yet. I had Man on Fire for about 6 months, knew exactly where it was but just didn't watch it even tho I wanted to. Now I have a football movie (can't remember the title) but I moved out of my apartment into my house before watching it and now idk where it is. Seeing as I still have a TON of stuff in my garage to unpack, I'll probably never find it ;)

I found CDs that I had been looking for, for almost 3 years, in a random box in the corner of my closet, that I threw a bunch of shit in 3 years ago and forgot about. :doh:

I have a dude mow my lawn (but not too often 'cause I really don't care as long as the neighbors don't report me, lol).

Hell yes.

And I have a housekeeper come by every 2 weeks...

This is the next servant I am working on. Instead of paying any of the damn housekeeping services in the yellow pages, I've found it much easier to find a friend that needs to make a little extra money. If you find the right person, then you end up with a person who does good work for less money than you would pay for a professional service, and you know who is in your place, which to me is important, I don't like strangers in my home. :dont: And the housekeeper ends up with a cash job, no taxes, and has the comfort of being able to blast the stereo and have a beer or two in the course of cleaning the place. A true win/win situation! :woot:

I regularly have dirty clothes in MANY different piles around my house. I've gotten a lot better. Before, I had the laundry basket in my room by my closet, but I've since moved it to the bathroom 'cause that's where most of my clothes end up. When it's full, the clothes pile up around it 'cause doing laundry is for lamers...

I hate laundry. :thumbdown:
Laundry is a manifestation of Lucifer, the dark one, as laundry is EVIL. :devil:

Yeah...I can't really be bothered to iron.

I fucking hate ironing and will NEVER do it again in my life. :ng_mad:

Luckily, alot of great guy's business clothes come in "wrinkle free" fabrics nowadays. These are not polyester shit fabrics either, most are 100% cotton. All my business shirts and slacks are cut from these low maintenance fabrics. I take them to my tailor and get the shirts and pants fitted, so all I have to do is wash them, dry them, and put them on a hanger right as the dryer cycle ends, and they look like great, clean, no wrinkles, and they fit great. This actually saves me LOTS of money in dry cleaning costs every month AND spares me the effort of dropping shit off/picking shit up at the dry cleaners. :yay:

I bought a cellphone on eBay that doesn't work in the US and I never returned it even tho I could have.
I bought an xBox controller charger set with one battery pack (out of two) that doesn't work. I emailed the company telling them and they told me to send them a copy of the receipt so they could issue an RMA...but I never did that. I got a free charging set from my credit card reward points instead.

Hilarious! :yim_rolling_on_the_

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
This is the next servant I am working on. Instead of paying any of the damn housekeeping services in the yellow pages, I've found it much easier to find a friend that needs to make a little extra money. If you find the right person, then you end up with a person who does good work for less money than you would pay for a professional service, and you know who is in your place, which to me is important, I don't like strangers in my home. :dont: And the housekeeper ends up with a cash job, no taxes, and has the comfort of being able to blast the stereo and have a beer or two in the course of cleaning the place. A true win/win situation! :woot:
For real. I didn't go thru a service. This lady came recommended by the family of a college friend that's from/lives here.

I have a friend at work that (years ago) was looking for a similar deal but no one they asked had anyone to recommend. The service they randomly picked in the phone book sent some lady that (after a long time of working there) ended up stealing a bunch of Rx drugs from the cabinet. When they told people about it they yelled "Why did you go thru a service?!" Well 'cause no one had ANY words of wisdom when they asked...that's why :doh:

Luckily, alot of great guy's business clothes come in "wrinkle free" fabrics nowadays. These are not polyester shit fabrics either, most are 100% cotton. All my business shirts and slacks are cut from these low maintenance fabrics. I take them to my tailor and get the shirts and pants fitted, so all I have to do is wash them, dry them, and put them on a hanger right as the dryer cycle ends, and they look like great, clean, no wrinkles, and they fit great. This actually saves me LOTS of money in dry cleaning costs every month AND spares me the effort of dropping shit off/picking shit up at the dry cleaners. :yay:
I'm jealous of your clothes! The women's clothes that are cotton and come wrinkle-free look like my mother and grandmother might wear them.

I wear a bunch of polos to work...or sweaters when it's colder. Keeping it simple, for sure. I work for a retail store, so I get a discount...as soon as I find 1 shirt that works, I buy it in about 5 colors. I essentially have a uniform for work that falls within dress code. ;)

Yeah, I'm a lazy dresser. I go for comfort and Idc much about fashion. At all. If it's cute *and* comfortable, I'll wear it. Otherwise, no thanks. No accessories besides my watch and bracelet I've had for 15 years. No earrings (don't even have piercings), no necklaces...belt only for work (damn dress code). Who wants to make all of that crap match?!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a friend at work that (years ago) was looking for a similar deal but no one they asked had anyone to recommend. The service they randomly picked in the phone book sent some lady that (after a long time of working there) ended up stealing a bunch of Rx drugs from the cabinet. When they told people about it they yelled "Why did you go thru a service?!" Well 'cause no one had ANY words of wisdom when they asked...that's why :doh:

Damn junkies. You know what would be really funny? Hang onto Rx bottles of stuff people would typically steal, and fill them with other shit, like laxatives, or birth control pills, so if a junkie house guest raids them, they will have hell to pay, and no buzz to show for it. :devil:

I'm jealous of your clothes! The women's clothes that are cotton and come wrinkle-free look like my mother and grandmother might wear them.

That sucks, chick threads should be just as maintenance free as guy threads! :shock:

I wear a bunch of polos to work...or sweaters when it's colder. Keeping it simple, for sure. I work for a retail store, so I get a discount...as soon as I find 1 shirt that works, I buy it in about 5 colors. I essentially have a uniform for work that falls within dress code. ;)

I totally do this too. Adidas running shorts in all five colors. Polo shirts in fives, same for slacks. Screw it!

Yeah, I'm a lazy dresser. I go for comfort and Idc much about fashion. At all. If it's cute *and* comfortable, I'll wear it. Otherwise, no thanks. No accessories besides my watch and bracelet I've had for 15 years. No earrings (don't even have piercings), no necklaces...belt only for work (damn dress code). Who wants to make all of that crap match?!

I'm kind of a fashion whore in all honesty, but I don't buy trendy shit. :cheese: I am really low maintenace when it comes to casual threads, but I splurge on business clothes. :yes: It is of vital importance to me to be able to influence as much as possible, as quickly as possible. As a man, you have to wield several things at once in the workplace to make that happen:

(1) Know your shit. No one likes to listen to an idiot. Do what you do well, and be quick on your feet. :nerd:
(2) Be a big strong bastard. Why? Because no one wants to piss off a big strong bastard. :laugh:
(3) Look sharp. If you are a big guy, you can get mistaken for a dumb jock very easily. BUT - if you demonstrate intellect and look like an up and coming CEO, then people generally take you seriously and work with you easily. :cool:

As a guy, if you look sharp and act smart, working ends up being alot easier to deal with. Of course I would ditch working in an instant if I won the lottery, but that hasn't happened yet. :newwink:

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
^ If I were more than a cube dweller (and made more $ than a cube dweller :rolli: ) I'd probably get fancy clothes too. I hardly interact with anyone of importance. Yay programming? Lol. Office Space wasn't based on nothin', that's for sure. :D

also, LOL at changing Rx pills for laxatives :D That'd teach 'em!!!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i avoid buying clothes i have to iron :blush:

I prefer to stay at hom catching up my shoes that make the effort to go to the mall and buy a new pair. I know a ESTP who do the same.:D

FeatheredFrenzy

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I tie my shoelaces so tight that, if all goes as planned, I will never have to tie them again. It's really more of a matter of efficiency.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I gave up on shoe laces a long time ago. All my shoes are either flip flops, strappy, sandals or slip ons.

...Okay, fine. I have ONE pair of running shoes with shoe laces. I have yet to find a pair without laces

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yeah, I gave up on shoe laces a long time ago. All my shoes are either flip flops, strappy, sandals or slip ons.

...Okay, fine. I have ONE pair of running shoes with shoe laces. I have yet to find a pair without laces

One step ahead of you.

2010-04-24%2010.29.42.jpg

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Damn you! :Shakes fist: You win yet again...

I should have known better. My INTP best friend wears the same smelly flip flops every chance he gets. Including in the winter.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just slip on my running shoes without bothering to untie them :laugh:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I brush my teeth in the shower.

Right now I'm on TypeC when I should be detailing my car....Ok. Ok. I'm going....

I'll think of more later...

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
I have never developed a fashion "sense" i never have to waste any time picking out clothes theyre all the same anyways usually plain tshirt and jeans or carharts. since i pretty much wear the same thing every day, sometimes when I am slacking on laundry I wear the same shirt or pants more than once and i doubt anyone notices

i have a bad habit of cutting corners on manners. I spill yougurt on my shirt when I was eating it in a hurry, instead of getting a napkin I just licked it off. :doh:

I don't like to stand around for too long, so if I have to wait for someone I find something to lean against or I sit on the ground. it's always funny to me because it seems like people think sitting on the ground is undignified, so when there is a group of people waiting I will sit and then 1 by 1 other people start to sit down. :)