• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTPs- shared activities with romantic interests

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
An ISTP male wanted a taser... When the package arrived he got very excited and asked his wife to "test it" on him to make sure it works.

She zapped him in the nutz' :devil:

:sick:

Which made her very happy. She enjoyed participating in the shared activity very much. :smile:

LOL... it's a very good thing that there was no taser in the household a few weeks ago when I found out what my husband had been doing.

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
I think you're placing way too much importance on the "do things together" thing. While doing things together is cool. If we don't do things together, it's also cool, as long as you don't got pulling the "why don't we ever do things together, I feel left out and neglected" routine, when I do my thing, I wouldn't mind if you never shared any of my interests with me.

yeah, my istp is like this. we share some common interests, but not all. i do my theater thing and he likes to work out. but, we both like to go out and drink, so that is sort of when we spend time together. we both agree that what really matters is spending time with the person you love, not so much doing something you love. ALTHOUGH, his ex didn't share any common interests with him, and perhaps that's one reason she is his ex. i know it put a strain on the relationship. lucky me! :cheese:

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Geocaching

Gets you out of the house, out of town, and only costs gas.

Plus its a good way to get rid of random junk you have :)

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
I am an IsTP, and my partner and I both have motorcycles, which is a big one. We also play video games together, which isn't as outdoors-oriented as I would like it to be but fun nonetheless.

I work out (weight lifting), am looking to get back into martial arts if I find a place that isn't too regimented with the ritualized elements and just gets down to the nitty gritty... but I would love (adore, enjoy, jump) it if my partner did martial arts or cliff diving with me. Getting to workout, get into the physically exerting "zone" of focus and being able to watch the person I'm most attracted to get sweaty?

• Check
  • Check, and...
  • Check for a good time.
It has become more important to me, because spending time with a partner in a way other than living in the same room (i.e., purposefully bonding & doing something together) seems to become different once ye live together and have been with each other for a while - you aren't specifically seeing each other once a week or whatnot to get to know each other, like in the beginning. Ye can end up spending a day or two within ten feet of each other but haven't actually spent any time with each other, if that makes sense. And I don't always feel like talking.

So... there are so many things to try, perhaps think of something you think ye'd enjoy and ask him if he would as well. Physical or mental, though I think physical is better if ye have the choice. You already mentioned sailing, so I won't make random suggestions.

Good luck with all o' that, by the by.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Geocaching

Gets you out of the house, out of town, and only costs gas.

Plus its a good way to get rid of random junk you have :)

YES! I'm new to geocaching, but it's freaking fun :)

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
geocaching is boooring i don't understand what you guys enjoy about it

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
Where is your spirit of adventure? Go out and find hidden things? I like to prospect here too so I guess I have that 'gunna strike it rich' thing ringing in the back of my head.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where is your spirit of adventure? Go out and find hidden things? I like to prospect here too so I guess I have that 'gunna strike it rich' thing ringing in the back of my head.

We're totally going to be those old people using metal detectors on the beach one day.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An ISTP male wanted a taser... When the package arrived he got very excited and asked his wife to "test it" on him to make sure it works.

She zapped him in the nutz' :devil:

:sick:

Which made her very happy. She enjoyed participating in the shared activity very much. :smile:

Off topic but my ex was a cop (ESTJ) and I asked him to tase me. :laugh:

I wanted to see how it felt *shrug* :blush:

I've never heard of geocaching (sp?) or whatever. I've gotta look that up.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Off topic but my ex was a cop (ESTJ) and I asked him to tase me. :laugh:

I wanted to see how it felt *shrug* :blush:

I've never heard of geocaching (sp?) or whatever. I've gotta look that up.
lol you're psycho

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
We're totally going to be those old people using metal detectors on the beach one day.

Totally. I think I got it from my Grandpa, he has like five metal detectors and he'd always take me along finding stuff.