User Tag List

First 1234 Last

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It's very important to have common activities, but there's sooo many fun things to do out there...if you have none obviously in common you can always try new things and see what you like.

With my bf I play volleyball and soccer and we like watching some of the same tv shows and movies. We both like hiking and camping and stuff like that. There's probably other things that we don't do often,too. Nothing particularly fancy though, by any means. Most of our time "together" is us each doing our own thing in the same room, typical of introverts.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISTP

Basically doing stuff you both enjoy, either together or separately, within the presence of each other.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I don't think it's necessary for that person to adopt my interests (bonus points) as long as they are supportive of them. It's more important that the other person is open to try them. There's nothing worse than someone who rains on your enthusiasm over something you want to try or do by being scared or "I don't know about that" kind of mentality.

Personally, I like to see my SO's enraptured in their own passions. It makes me feel good to watch them enjoy themselves and get excited over what they like - even if it's something I am not that excited about.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Thank you so very much for your answers. They have been of immeasurable help, and made me realize that I need to be with an ISTP that I share common interests with.
    I think you're placing way too much importance on the "do things together" thing. While doing things together is cool. If we don't do things together, it's also cool, as long as you don't got pulling the "why don't we ever do things together, I feel left out and neglected" routine, when I do my thing, I wouldn't mind if you never shared any of my interests with me.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Common interests could be as simple as watching an entertaining movie together. Surely you guys can overlap there. Or cooking together! I don't think it'll be that difficult to find a solution. And I thought INFJs were often into tests of physical endurance. The ones I know are into either rock climbing, boxing, or sailing and these are all ISTP-friendly pursuits.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    I think you're placing way too much importance on the "do things together" thing. While doing things together is cool. If we don't do things together, it's also cool, as long as you don't got pulling the "why don't we ever do things together, I feel left out and neglected" routine, when I do my thing, I wouldn't mind if you never shared any of my interests with me.
    I have interests that I pursue by myself and so does he, which isn't a problem for me, but it's a problem for him these days. I think when men get older, their need for emotional closeness with their SO increases greatly, probably due to lower testosterone levels. Even strong T-types get this way later in life. It's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by seamaid View Post
    Common interests could be as simple as watching an entertaining movie together. Surely you guys can overlap there. Or cooking together! I don't think it'll be that difficult to find a solution. And I thought INFJs were often into tests of physical endurance. The ones I know are into either rock climbing, boxing, or sailing and these are all ISTP-friendly pursuits.
    Good point.... we do like watching movies together.
    We used to go sailing years ago. That would be a good activity to start up again. Thanks.

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

i took girl to waterfall that i enjoy not too many people know about
    she liked that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I have noticed that martial and combat sports are very appealing to ISTP males, but I don't know how many women are willing to have such shared activity with their ISTP's. And it's not even romantic, just sweaty and the danger of getting injuries is quite high....

MBTI
    ISTP

Someone already suggested cooking... I like cooking with a romantic interest.

And uh. I like *doing* things with him too. Going on a hike or trip or camping or even grocery shopping for that cooking we're planning later. Doesn't really matter what it is as long as we're doing it together and working as a team.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I have noticed that martial and combat sports are very appealing to ISTP males, but I don't know how many women are willing to have such shared activity with their ISTP's. And it's not even romantic, just sweaty and the danger of getting injuries is quite high....
    An ISTP male wanted a taser... When the package arrived he got very excited and asked his wife to "test it" on him to make sure it works.

She zapped him in the nutz'

Which made her very happy. She enjoyed participating in the shared activity very much.