• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Memory slips

Snow Turtle

How normal is it for SPs/ISFPs to have 'memory slip' in the middle of the conversation?

I've noticed it happens more often when when the conversation is moving quickly, shifting from one topic to another. Why does it happen?

Yes. Asking me to read all that is asking for too much from an ISFP.

Hahaha. I guess I go over the top with the details. :blush:
Anyhow fixed? Hopefully =/

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Would you say this is asking for too much from an ISFP?

Yes. Asking me to read all that is asking for too much from an ISFP.

KDude

^Ouch!

Yeah, ISFPs seem pretty quiet. Even moreso offline than online. At least for me.. Some seem quieter than me online too, but I think that may be a T thing? Just a guess.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
How normal is it for SPs/ISFPs to have 'memory slip' in the middle of the conversation?

I've noticed it happens more often when when the conversation is moving quickly, shifting from one topic to another. Why does it happen?

:blush: I just lose my train of thought when trying to have too many things going on at the same time whether that is in my mind or things going on around me.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have brain farts. I'll be prattling merrily along and I'll be like "LA LA LA blah BLAH blah This and THAT and stuff and--" and then abruptly, in the middle of a sentence even, my brain will just get wiped and I'll be like "uh...erm...*blank face*" because I'll abruptly lose my train of thought and need to take a moment to backtrack to get back on topic.

I don't have lapses in memory -- I have a great memory -- but my attention span can waver.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
actually, yeah, what Pettycure said! :cheese:

exactly :doh:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have brain farts. I'll be prattling merrily along and I'll be like "LA LA LA blah BLAH blah This and THAT and stuff and--" and then abruptly, in the middle of a sentence even, my brain will just get wiped and I'll be like "uh...erm...*blank face*" because I'll abruptly lose my train of thought and need to take a moment to backtrack to get back on topic.

I don't have lapses in memory -- I have a great memory -- but my attention span can waver.

haha. I'm gonna add to this and say that if it takes too long to remember where I was at I just stop talking. Like, "Ok. Forget it. This conversation wasn't that interesting enough to finish. Moving on!"

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
haha. I'm gonna add to this and say that if it takes too long to remember where I was at I just stop talking. Like, "Ok. Forget it. This conversation wasn't that interesting enough to finish. Moving on!"

BAHAHA YES, that is exactly what I do. :doh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I also have the horrible tendancy to occasionally forget words... then I desperatly try to get my point across while drawing a total blank at an essential word... it's TRAGIC! :boohoo:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also have the horrible tendancy to occasionally forget words... then I desperatly try to get my point across while drawing a total blank at an essential word... it's TRAGIC! :boohoo:

Whenever that happens I always say "damnit my vocabulary went away again." :D

It's ridiculous. I'm an etymology nerd. I READ DICTIONARIES. I have a very well-read vocabulary. But sometimes the words just DISAPPEAR. :doh:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:yay: I'm not the only etymology nerd here!!! :static:

yeah... it's always the simple words I forget too... I never forget the cool words that nobody knows what they mean :(

this brings on fits of swearing :dry:

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:yay: I'm not the only etymology nerd here!!! :static:

yeah... it's always the simple words I forget too... I never forget the cool words that nobody knows what they mean :(

this brings on fits of swearing :dry:

:happy2:

My favorite word is callipygous, tee hee.

Look up Hot For Words on youtube, that chick is awesome.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oooh... good word! :holy: and you posted one of her vids in your blog, so I stalked more of them... she IS awesome :ninja:

I love the word shillelagh :wubbie: