• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] so like

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm spending hours of my time trying to fix the brightness/contrast ratio on my HDTV, and for some reason I am not satisfied as the black levels are too damn high. I realize I have OCD tendencies towards fine tuning electronics, I'm wondering if this is an "ISTP" thing. Your thoughts?

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
all of the ones I've known tend to be critical of technology and seem to be more obsessed with things operating correctly...

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, it's not like I haven't spent time fine-tuning a digital surround sound system. Or tweeking video card settings.

Little Laura

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Two
My ISTP friend made himself a robot costume for halloween and spent hours programming his arduino to sense the electromagnetic field and flash different lights...I honestly don't even know....just for one night. LOL. It was pretty geeky adorable.

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
Not really TBH. My brother (ISFP) fiddles with those sort of things a lot.

Roach

MBTI Type
ISTp
When I bought myself an HDTV I did spend 30min trying to tweak and check all the settings but not in an obsessive perfect way though. Maybe I just wanted to start using it asap after being stuck with an sdtv for so long.

KDude

I used to do this a lot, but now I mostly say fuck it. hell, i'm not even sure i'm a sensor anymore (but not istp for sure).

protip: avsforums has a lot of optimal settings for most tv models. saves the trouble (but then, that's probably taking the fun out of it for y'all)

mcmartinez84

MBTI Type
ISTP
I used to do this a lot, but now I mostly say fuck it. hell, i'm not even sure i'm a sensor anymore (but not istp for sure).

protip: avsforums has a lot of optimal settings for most tv models. saves the trouble (but then, that's probably taking the fun out of it for y'all)

I'm definitely a sensor, but tweaking things that look fine...not worth the trouble.

And now that you've provided a place where someone else has figured it out, why reinvent the wheel?! I'm lazy and it's already done! What could be sweeter?! :D

KDude

ahhh lazyness. sometimes i can be of one mind with the istp thing :D

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
ya i make synthesizer patches all the time =)

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
it is when you mess with the oscillators, waveforms, envelopes, and filters to get the sound you want!!!

A

A window to the soul

it is when you mess with the oscillators, waveforms, envelopes, and filters to get the sound you want!!!

Wow, that's some seriously fancy tweaking going on there! Your new sig is cool, it's very original and kinda makes me laugh. :D
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

KDude

i do that all the time with instruments as well (not so much synths though). too much tweaking with equipment, not enough jamming...

i'm better off just playing an acoustic.