I have some reservations about this one: I'm 21, taking time off from college. I've met an 18 year old girl...who is still in high school (senior). About to graduate.
This one is a gray zone for me. In high school I always was involved with girls at least a year older than me, except for once (my age). As it is now, it seems I'm generally attracted to girls who are in the 21-25 age bracket. But, it appears that random fate has put this 18 year old sweetheart (actually, two of them...) in the picture. Along with 3 other girls (unrelated to the others, varying ages...20-23) that popped out of nowhere in the last 5 days. Thanks, luck!
Anyway, I feel almost predatory having an interest in these two girls. If they were a year younger - out of the question. If I was 22...probably out of the question. But it's right on the line. I asked an older (40s) guy I trust about what he thought about it and he said the same thing - it's on the line.
- when I was 18 my head was full of garbage. slightly less so now .
- i might be pursued simply because i have the older guy mystique.
- i might smash one of these girls young hearts into a thousand little pieces.
- i might have to deal with psycho parents
- everybody matures differently
- girls mature faster than guys
- it's not illegal
- i don't think it's all that uncommon (these last two are pretty weak)
- i might actually like them, who cares what age they are
One girl has a wild-child personality and has dated guys my age (or so) before. But overall very sweet.
The other is the type who wants to reinvent herself in college. Not a party girl, or at least doesn't seem like one. Outgoing though.
Both initiated with me. Both have merits.
Any thoughts? Should I stray away? How is this perceived in general?