• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] 21 year old dating 18 year old?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's charming you have given this so much thought, but the age gap is relatively small & she is of legal age. It seems fine to me. Given the time of year, I imagine their HS days are nearly over anyway.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I didn't think it was a joke, but I am genuinely shocked that anyone might consider this unsavory. It's only three years' difference between adults. If you end a relationship over this issue, you might come to regret it when you're a few years older and realize how little difference this makes.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Yeah if she's a senior, school's out in like a month or two anyway.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I've read nothing but part of the OP, but here's the rule:

Divide by 2, plus 7.

Once you're old enough to bone, this golden rule works pretty much all the time.

14? 14.

18? 16.

22? 18.

30? 22.

40? 27.

See, it works.

It's God's math.

:jew:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ

Divide by 2, plus 7.

Once you're old enough to bone, this golden rule works pretty much all the time.

14? 14.

18? 16.

22? 18.

30? 22.

40? 27.

See, it works.

It's God's math.

haha, I told him that! Isn't it a great rule?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The age gap doesn't seem that bad. Anyway. Sorry for being the SP who says "do what feels best" but.....

Pick which one you feel the closest connection to and continue. If the age thing is a big deal for you - which I understand - then don't make it "official". Keep your options open. Play the shit by ear until a clear front runner is apparent. Be honest but be true to yourself and your wants. :)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Divide by 2, plus 7.

14? 14.

18? 16.

22? 18.

30? 22.

40? 27.

See, it works.

It's God's math.

This is awesome! :D

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
18 and 21 don't sound so bad on paper. Especially when you are in your golden years looking back on your youth. 30 and 18 or even 30 and 21 sound worse.

But I remember when I was back in college and thought it was strange that people in college were dating high schoolers. It just seemed like a very significant demarcation college/highschool. There was a 22 year old woman I worked with and she was so depressed after breaking up with her pot dealing high school senior boyfriend that she cut off her hair (she was ENTP). I remember thinking "man, what a loser". Perhaps judgemental, but true. I didn't like her to being with so that probably had something to do with it.

But, the older you get the less of a difference those 3 years seem to make.

S

sammy

Go for it. Make sure they're 18 like was previous mentioned. Just be ready for one of them to fall in love with you. 18 year old girls going straight to college are unpredictable and likely to change over time. Feed them enough, water every day, and you should be okay.

Are you even looking for something long term? Be sure you're clear about intentions with them from the get go if you want to prevent future HUGE issues.

And if you want to prevent issues like you used to have about sexual relations, then I would recommend making sure that's not all they're after. You're not a peace of meat! :azdaja:

Unique

lol America

I went for a 16yr old when I was 18, same diff

I'm also almost 21 now and wouldn't hesitate a moment on an 18 yr old if I actually liked them

Maturity is relative... a lot of older people are jaded

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
But I remember when I was back in college and thought it was strange that people in college were dating high schoolers. It just seemed like a very significant demarcation college/highschool.

When I was dating my husband and he was in college I didn't realize that it might look weird to the people he was going to college with. If you stuck with it that would pretty much mean a freshman in college could only date the same age or older. I must say I don't know what I would think of my 16 year old dating a 19 year old but it worked out fine for us. I wouldn't suggest having sex with a minor though, that's where he would have gotten burned.

With that story I'm sure you can imagine that 18 and 21 doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's legal, and if you like her...go for it!

My last great big crush is 20 (almost 21) and I'm 26 (almost 27) and I doubt anyone would object to our age gap so I don't see why yours would be a problem.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When I was 18 I dated a 21 year old and a 23 year old. Not at the same time, obviously. As long as you're straightforward about what you want out of the relationship, I don't see the issue here.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The age gap doesn't seem that bad. Anyway. Sorry for being the SP who says "do what feels best" but.....

Pick which one you feel the closest connection to and continue. If the age thing is a big deal for you - which I understand - then don't make it "official". Keep your options open. Play the shit by ear until a clear front runner is apparent. Be honest but be true to yourself and your wants. :)

+1

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She's 18 and you're within a few years, totally fine.

Though you may (or may not) find her appallingly immature when you get to know her better, which is fine.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I honestly don't see why this is a problem? It's only a 3-year age difference, and school is almost over for the year.

Then again, my parents have a 10-year age difference...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I suspect if she were 18 and not in high school there wouldn't even be a question.

When I met my husband I was 17 and he was 20. However, I had been in college already for a couple of years so he never had to wonder if it was okay for him to date a high school girl.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
it's a 3 year difference

The funny thing is it's a big difference when you're 21 and she's 18, but later when you're, let's say 29, and she's 26, it's not.

You're right women mature much faster. Go for it.