• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] 21 year old dating 18 year old?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I have some reservations about this one: I'm 21, taking time off from college. I've met an 18 year old girl...who is still in high school (senior). About to graduate.

This one is a gray zone for me. In high school I always was involved with girls at least a year older than me, except for once (my age). As it is now, it seems I'm generally attracted to girls who are in the 21-25 age bracket. But, it appears that random fate has put this 18 year old sweetheart (actually, two of them...) in the picture. Along with 3 other girls (unrelated to the others, varying ages...20-23) that popped out of nowhere in the last 5 days. Thanks, luck!

Anyway, I feel almost predatory having an interest in these two girls. If they were a year younger - out of the question. If I was 22...probably out of the question. But it's right on the line. I asked an older (40s) guy I trust about what he thought about it and he said the same thing - it's on the line.

Cons:
- when I was 18 my head was full of garbage. slightly less so now :headphne:.
- i might be pursued simply because i have the older guy mystique.
- i might smash one of these girls young hearts into a thousand little pieces.
- i might have to deal with psycho parents

Pros:
- everybody matures differently
- girls mature faster than guys
- it's not illegal
- i don't think it's all that uncommon (these last two are pretty weak)
- i might actually like them, who cares what age they are

One girl has a wild-child personality and has dated guys my age (or so) before. But overall very sweet.

The other is the type who wants to reinvent herself in college. Not a party girl, or at least doesn't seem like one. Outgoing though.

Both initiated with me. Both have merits.

Any thoughts? Should I stray away? How is this perceived in general?

ObeyBunny

MBTI Type
INTJ
Uhhh... The age gap is a bit much. Just be friends with the 18 year old for about 2 years.

Amphion

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, to be 21 again! Go for it, dude. Trust me! You don't have to marry her.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is a joke, right?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
No joke...?

My natural instinct is just pick the two I like best and go from there. I mean I have a feeling I'm ruling out one girl due to being (apparently) very Catholic - investigation is needed into that situation. One girl I like but I thought had a boyfriend but is apparently single now. And her older sister likes me (not like that) so would 'approve me' for her, can't hurt. One girl I know little about but have flirted with at the store she works and she gives me a single vibe and seems good natured.

That leaves these two girls (18). Both have merits as discussed. I'll evaluate them like all the others but the age thing puts me on edge, so they'll have to exhibit unusual maturity or I'm just gonna be weirded out.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
nothing illegal, so it's really up to your judgment whether or not they will be good options for you.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Moved from Bonfire.

Regarding the topic: I don't see the problem.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
lol make sure she's really 18 first

if that checks out

it's worth trying

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
i'm not sure why the bonfire was a bad spot...i wanted a global perspective on it instead of just my fellow wild-haired SP bretheren telling me, predictably, "whatever, do what you want"

:happy:

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
My wife was 18 and I was 21 (just) when we got together, obviously I don't see the problem.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
i'm not sure why the bonfire was a bad spot...i wanted a global perspective on it instead of just my fellow wild-hared SP bretheren telling me, predictably, "whatever, do what you want"

yo bro

just do w/e

w/e happens, happens, just deal w/ it after

:)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i'm not sure why the bonfire was a bad spot...i wanted a global perspective on it instead of just my fellow wild-haired SP bretheren telling me, predictably, "whatever, do what you want"

you can get that here. this isn't the SP private forum, it's the place SP's can put their personal threads for input from everyone.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So you're saying you don't think you're old enough for her?

Perfectly understandable. She probably needs about a 33-year old, so I'd be happy to take her off your hands.

Oh, by the way, pics or STFU.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I hardly ever browse any of the personal threads, but apparently I'm getting lots of views, so it works. (looks around)

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't see any problem with it. Just choose which ever girl sparks your fancy and go with it. Seriously, no issues here. :)

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
One girl has a wild-child personality and has dated guys my age (or so) before. But overall very sweet.

The other is the type who wants to reinvent herself in college. Not a party girl, or at least doesn't seem like one. Outgoing though.

Both initiated with me. Both have merits.

Any thoughts? Should I stray away? How is this perceived in general?

If the 18 year olds seem mature enough for you to enjoy their company, then why not? My concern would be more that the wild-child girl sounds flaky and might be bad to get involved with for that reason. The other one doesn't sound like she knows who she is at all right now, because she wants to reinvent herself. It all depends on what you want... just having some fun or finding someone who has potential for a real relationship.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I know lots of guys in my university who date high school girls (Some of which who were in the 10th grade!) and 18 and 21 isn't too bad considering guys are usually older anyway. Also, if you follow the half your age plus seven rule, you can date as young as 17.5 ;)

However, a high school mentality is a lot different than a University one, waiting a year would probably make a big difference if you didn't mind. Still I think it's fine. Go for it!

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think we all know that the most important relationship decider here is type. :newwink: