User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm going to have to strongly disagree about the 15 year old. I've taken human development - the adolescent brain is actually physically different than the adult brain, despite intelligence. Even a genius 15 year old is emotionally different from an adult in their twenties. I also notice that a lot of the countries you list in defense of your lame argument are third world countries where women don't have the same rights as men.
    Yeah I was thinking about that - I mean if I really dated a 13 year old in Iran, I don't think that things would be so peachy.

And yeah, limbic system and frontal lobe development FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    but hey...they're single!! that's good for you! um...sorry...wasn't being rude about it.
    haha I'm moving on up right?

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Yo, don't be too cocky about it. It happened to me once, ( the older guy mystique) and I thought everything was golden until she dumped me out of nowhere. it was terrible. don't EVER get too cocky or you're setting yourself up for something real nasty.
    I did consider that she might smash my heart. Sux. Prices are to be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    My friend and his girlfriend just celebreated their 4th anniversary together. When they met he was 22 and she was 17(!) At any rate, she turned 18 shortly thereafter and everybody got over the 'thats kinda weird' feeling and it was all good.
    Hahaha yeah.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

OK OK.

So it's pretty obvious here: I was worrying about something that pretty much nobody else does and it makes sense.

Thanks everyone.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

anytime bro.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

I'm 26 and I've been on a couple of dates with a 20yo recently. Age doesn't really matter if you value other things like good conversation, intelligence and perky breasts attitude.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm going to have to strongly disagree about the 15 year old. I've taken human development - the adolescent brain is actually physically different than the adult brain, despite intelligence. Even a genius 15 year old is emotionally different from an adult in their twenties.
    The law is 15 in France, and many 15 years old girls have sex, often with men older than 18 without feel anything but pleasure. 18 years old peoples are more mature than the 15 ones but 1: that does'nt mean that 15 are'nt mature enough 2:18 years old are more mature because the majority of them have lost their virginity between 15 and 18, without be insane of it, so it seems obvious that the natural age of consent is before 18.
    I also know many peoples who had sex for the first time between 12 and 14 and there's no problem with it.

In France, we consider that a 15 people who integrate high school is mature enough to assume his sexuality, of course thay still miners, and their parents can maintain some control on their relationships. If I had a 15 years old daughter, I would prefer that she wait at least to finish high school before have sex, if I had a 15 years old son who would want to have sex, I would encourage him to act in that that way. I know it's a little macho, but I also know that it's above all because I would love her. I also know that girls are more mature than boys at 15, and if there's no problem for boys, there's no problem for girls.

I also notice that a lot of the countries you list in defense of your lame argument are third world countries where women don't have the same rights as men.
    Oh, I could also quote tons of countries from the third world (the majority actually) where the age of consent is 16 or more. I was above all comparing
    _The anglo-saxon situation: high level of women right/high age of consent
    _And the european/latin situation: high level of women right/low age of consent, and that you can't compare with China or the islamic area for example.

It's 15 in France, and it's decent in my opinion, could also be a little less or a little more. In the european-latin area it's between 13 and 16. Seems accurate.
    But seriously, 18:rolli:

Yeah I was thinking about that - I mean if I really dated a 13 year old in Iran, I don't think that things would be so peachy.
    The simple fact to be in Iran would be scary for me. But it's also 13 in Spain, and if I were at Ibiza on the beach, and feel some attraction between me and a 13 years old girls, it would be right.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    17,5. And that rule is stupid. There's are no rules actually.

True.
    I stand corrected on my maths and I corrected you on your grammar!

And yeah, there are no rules, this is just a guideline you can use when in doubt. It's as good as any other argument.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Besides legal points, physical age is meaningless. Especially these "dating 17,8 years old is wrong, but dating 18 years old is perfectly fine"-opinions. Year is an extremely short period of time, and most of us won't change a bit during that period. It's the life experiences that changes us, not the time.

And seriously, it's not serious. Unlesstil you have kids. :/
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    I stand corrected on my maths and I corrected you on your grammar!

And yeah, there are no rules, this is just a guideline you can use when in doubt. It's as good as any other argument.
    It's just a sign that the gap is "normal" or "average", but "normality" is a really secondary criteria in relationships.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i dont understand why 21 year old dating a 18 year old would be weird. its only 3 years and thats not a big deal since shes not underage anymore..

18 year old is an adult, i dont understand why you would get some psycho parents on your ass..

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    So you're saying you don't think you're old enough for her?

Perfectly understandable. She probably needs about a 33-year old, so I'd be happy to take her off your hands.

Oh, by the way, pics or STFU.
    hahahhahaha! ditto man....18 isn't too young it's legal so w/e especially for a 21 year old. I mean If you were 30 I would reconsider, or maybe not :newwink.