• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] 21 year old dating 18 year old?

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
I'm going to have to strongly disagree about the 15 year old. I've taken human development - the adolescent brain is actually physically different than the adult brain, despite intelligence. Even a genius 15 year old is emotionally different from an adult in their twenties. I also notice that a lot of the countries you list in defense of your lame argument are third world countries where women don't have the same rights as men.

Yeah I was thinking about that - I mean if I really dated a 13 year old in Iran, I don't think that things would be so peachy.

And yeah, limbic system and frontal lobe development FTW.

but hey...they're single!! that's good for you! :laugh: um...sorry...wasn't being rude about it.

haha I'm moving on up right?

Yo, don't be too cocky about it. It happened to me once, ( the older guy mystique) and I thought everything was golden until she dumped me out of nowhere. it was terrible. don't EVER get too cocky or you're setting yourself up for something real nasty.

I did consider that she might smash my heart. Sux. Prices are to be paid.

My friend and his girlfriend just celebreated their 4th anniversary together. When they met he was 22 and she was 17(!) At any rate, she turned 18 shortly thereafter and everybody got over the 'thats kinda weird' feeling and it was all good.

Hahaha yeah.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
OK OK.

So it's pretty obvious here: I was worrying about something that pretty much nobody else does and it makes sense.

Thanks everyone.

LEGERdeMAIN

I'm 26 and I've been on a couple of dates with a 20yo recently. Age doesn't really matter if you value other things like good conversation, intelligence and perky breasts attitude.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to have to strongly disagree about the 15 year old. I've taken human development - the adolescent brain is actually physically different than the adult brain, despite intelligence. Even a genius 15 year old is emotionally different from an adult in their twenties.
The law is 15 in France, and many 15 years old girls have sex, often with men older than 18 without feel anything but pleasure. 18 years old peoples are more mature than the 15 ones but 1: that does'nt mean that 15 are'nt mature enough 2:18 years old are more mature because the majority of them have lost their virginity between 15 and 18, without be insane of it, so it seems obvious that the natural age of consent is before 18.
I also know many peoples who had sex for the first time between 12 and 14 and there's no problem with it.

In France, we consider that a 15 people who integrate high school is mature enough to assume his sexuality, of course thay still miners, and their parents can maintain some control on their relationships. If I had a 15 years old daughter, I would prefer that she wait at least to finish high school before have sex, if I had a 15 years old son who would want to have sex, I would encourage him to act in that that way. I know it's a little macho, but I also know that it's above all because I would love her. I also know that girls are more mature than boys at 15, and if there's no problem for boys, there's no problem for girls.

I also notice that a lot of the countries you list in defense of your lame argument are third world countries where women don't have the same rights as men.

Oh, I could also quote tons of countries from the third world (the majority actually) where the age of consent is 16 or more. I was above all comparing
_The anglo-saxon situation: high level of women right/high age of consent
_And the european/latin situation: high level of women right/low age of consent, and that you can't compare with China or the islamic area for example.

It's 15 in France, and it's decent in my opinion, could also be a little less or a little more. In the european-latin area it's between 13 and 16. Seems accurate.
But seriously, 18:rolli:

Yeah I was thinking about that - I mean if I really dated a 13 year old in Iran, I don't think that things would be so peachy.

The simple fact to be in Iran would be scary for me. But it's also 13 in Spain, and if I were at Ibiza on the beach, and feel some attraction between me and a 13 years old girls, it would be right.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
17,5. And that rule is stupid. There's are no rules actually.

True.

I stand corrected on my maths and I corrected you on your grammar! :alttongue:

And yeah, there are no rules, this is just a guideline you can use when in doubt. It's as good as any other argument.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Besides legal points, physical age is meaningless. Especially these "dating 17,8 years old is wrong, but dating 18 years old is perfectly fine"-opinions. Year is an extremely short period of time, and most of us won't change a bit during that period. It's the life experiences that changes us, not the time.

And seriously, it's not serious. Unlesstil you have kids. :/

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I stand corrected on my maths and I corrected you on your grammar! :alttongue:
Drapeau38.gif

And yeah, there are no rules, this is just a guideline you can use when in doubt. It's as good as any other argument.

It's just a sign that the gap is "normal" or "average", but "normality" is a really secondary criteria in relationships.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i dont understand why 21 year old dating a 18 year old would be weird. its only 3 years and thats not a big deal since shes not underage anymore..

18 year old is an adult, i dont understand why you would get some psycho parents on your ass..

jixmixfix

Permabanned
So you're saying you don't think you're old enough for her?

Perfectly understandable. She probably needs about a 33-year old, so I'd be happy to take her off your hands.

Oh, by the way, pics or STFU.

hahahhahaha! ditto man....18 isn't too young it's legal so w/e especially for a 21 year old. I mean If you were 30 I would reconsider, or maybe not :newwink.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
When you reach my age.. You will realize there is very little difference between 18-21.. And if you ask me, a 21 year old male is probably more on a females level than a boy her own age.. Women mature faster.. men don't really catch up until they hit their 30's

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I don't think you should worry too much about social norms
and conventional ways. I don't see a problem with a 21 year
old dating an 18 year old. Whoever told you that it would or
could become a problem needs a --> :doh:

In Norway the legal age is 16. In Sweden the legal age is 15.
Some states in USA have different opinions on this and
therefore have different laws.

I've heard stories from Americans visiting Norway like "Man,
when I was in Norway during my military career, I went out,
had a few drinks, ended up with a girl, at her place, had loud
sex, woke up the day after, and when I went downstairs I
bumped into her father, and man, I thought he was going to
shoot me, but instead, he said that breakfast was ready, and
I ate breakfast with them, and then I left like nothing
happened, what the fuck? Norway is freakin awesome!"

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
A few comments:

- This thread is really old, but thanks for the bump, I suppose.

- Since this post I never ended up dating any of those younger girls for a variety of reasons.

- Since this post I did end up with, back to back (odd coincidence), two 26 year olds for some time each. Which is particularly amusing because I believe I even said somewhere in this thread "I'd date a 26 year old."

My age was a mild factor in each case.

- Also, Norway sounds pretty cool.