User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

if I have reservations I'll just let her know and GTFO.
    I expect that yes. I was begining to doubt about your ISTPness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Maybe you're right, it's a cultural thing.
    Yes, my opinion is that it's a cultural thing and you should make abstraction of it it and are wrong to think too much about this.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Eh? Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous?
    At this age, plus-minus five years is totally acceptable, it doesn't even deserve mentioning.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    I have some reservations about this one: I'm 21, taking time off from college. I've met an 18 year old girl...who is still in high school (senior). About to graduate.

This one is a gray zone for me. In high school I always was involved with girls at least a year older than me, except for once (my age). As it is now, it seems I'm generally attracted to girls who are in the 21-25 age bracket. But, it appears that random fate has put this 18 year old sweetheart (actually, two of them...) in the picture. Along with 3 other girls (unrelated to the others, varying ages...20-23) that popped out of nowhere in the last 5 days. Thanks, luck!

Anyway, I feel almost predatory having an interest in these two girls. If they were a year younger - out of the question. If I was 22...probably out of the question. But it's right on the line. I asked an older (40s) guy I trust about what he thought about it and he said the same thing - it's on the line.

Cons:
    - when I was 18 my head was full of garbage. slightly less so now .
    - i might be pursued simply because i have the older guy mystique.
    - i might smash one of these girls young hearts into a thousand little pieces.
    - i might have to deal with psycho parents

Pros:
    - everybody matures differently
    - girls mature faster than guys
    - it's not illegal
    - i don't think it's all that uncommon (these last two are pretty weak)
    - i might actually like them, who cares what age they are

One girl has a wild-child personality and has dated guys my age (or so) before. But overall very sweet.

The other is the type who wants to reinvent herself in college. Not a party girl, or at least doesn't seem like one. Outgoing though.

Both initiated with me. Both have merits.

Any thoughts? Should I stray away? How is this perceived in general?
    I haven't read the rest of the thread so forgive me if i'm repeating what you've been hearing for 6 pages. I am an 18 year old INFP dating a 21 year old ISTP. Actual age should be the least of your worries. If i were you i would treat the girls like you would older women in your decision to pursue them.

Edit: And add in more...hold them to the same standards you would anyone else.

MBTI
    SEXY

21/2+7 = 17,5. Go for it.
    Last edited by Shimmy; 04-22-2010 at 05:02 AM.
    (removed)

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    21/2+7 = 18,5. Go for it.
    17,5. And that rule is stupid. There's no rules actually.

Eh? Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous?
    At this age, plus-minus five years is totally acceptable, it doesn't even deserve mentioning.
    True.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    That rule is a total bullshit. I think that the gap had not to be considered as an important criteria in relationships.

Yes, that fixation about the age is typically american... Damn, man, YOU ARE JUST 3 YEARS OLDER THAN HER! You could even hit on 15-16 years old girl if it were your pleasure to do. Maybe you would need to see if she's 18 or not, but even if she is not...age of consent is a pure relative and abstract rule. It is high in anglo-saxons countries, between 16-19 (seen on wikipedia) but in european and latin coutries, it's different. It 15 in France, 13 is Spain, 14 in Portugal, 14 in Brasil, 12 in Mexico, 13 in Argentina, 14 in Germany, it's also 13 in Iran, 13 in Senegal, 15 in Laos and Cambodia 14 in China...Seriously your doubts and unhealthy reflexions are laughable! To sodomise an 18 years-old girl is not a crime, same for a 17 years old girl. And if a girl is not mature...seriously, to be mature is her buisness, and she can't mature in relationships if she have not relationships.:rolli:

The age is BTW not important in maturity especially if you fear "to smash her heart in thousands little pieces": sensitivity is a vital part of what make some girls as they are, and if they are too much sensitive at 15, they will be too much sensitive at 45, maturity has nothing to do with it. The most laughable in your post is that you think about the break up of the relationship even before you have actually begin it... If you don't know how to break up a date, there's tons of methods with proven efficiency to do that: to say it bluntly by a phone call, to send her an e-mail with fun smileys to make her laugh and play dow the situation... Theses kind of shit.
    I'm going to have to strongly disagree about the 15 year old. I've taken human development - the adolescent brain is actually physically different than the adult brain, despite intelligence. Even a genius 15 year old is emotionally different from an adult in their twenties. I also notice that a lot of the countries you list in defense of your lame argument are third world countries where women don't have the same rights as men.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

but hey...they're single!! that's good for you! um...sorry...wasn't being rude about it.

i don't see a problem with the age difference unless it interferes with how you two are compatible.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Yo, don't be too cocky about it. It happened to me once, ( the older guy mystique) and I thought everything was golden until she dumped me out of nowhere. it was terrible. don't EVER get too cocky or you're setting yourself up for something real nasty.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    IsTP

My friend and his girlfriend just celebreated their 4th anniversary together. When they met he was 22 and she was 17(!) At any rate, she turned 18 shortly thereafter and everybody got over the 'thats kinda weird' feeling and it was all good.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah I really don't see the issue here OP - the age difference is nothing. I'm 18 and would have no qualms seeing a 21 year old.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons