User Tag List

First 23456 Last

sammy

Go for it. Make sure they're 18 like was previous mentioned. Just be ready for one of them to fall in love with you. 18 year old girls going straight to college are unpredictable and likely to change over time. Feed them enough, water every day, and you should be okay.

Are you even looking for something long term? Be sure you're clear about intentions with them from the get go if you want to prevent future HUGE issues.

And if you want to prevent issues like you used to have about sexual relations, then I would recommend making sure that's not all they're after. You're not a peace of meat!

lol America

I went for a 16yr old when I was 18, same diff

I'm also almost 21 now and wouldn't hesitate a moment on an 18 yr old if I actually liked them

Maturity is relative... a lot of older people are jaded

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    But I remember when I was back in college and thought it was strange that people in college were dating high schoolers. It just seemed like a very significant demarcation college/highschool.
    When I was dating my husband and he was in college I didn't realize that it might look weird to the people he was going to college with. If you stuck with it that would pretty much mean a freshman in college could only date the same age or older. I must say I don't know what I would think of my 16 year old dating a 19 year old but it worked out fine for us. I wouldn't suggest having sex with a minor though, that's where he would have gotten burned.

With that story I'm sure you can imagine that 18 and 21 doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

It's legal, and if you like her...go for it!

My last great big crush is 20 (almost 21) and I'm 26 (almost 27) and I doubt anyone would object to our age gap so I don't see why yours would be a problem.
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

When I was 18 I dated a 21 year old and a 23 year old. Not at the same time, obviously. As long as you're straightforward about what you want out of the relationship, I don't see the issue here.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    The age gap doesn't seem that bad. Anyway. Sorry for being the SP who says "do what feels best" but.....

Pick which one you feel the closest connection to and continue. If the age thing is a big deal for you - which I understand - then don't make it "official". Keep your options open. Play the shit by ear until a clear front runner is apparent. Be honest but be true to yourself and your wants.

+1

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

She's 18 and you're within a few years, totally fine.

Though you may (or may not) find her appallingly immature when you get to know her better, which is fine.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFJ

I honestly don't see why this is a problem? It's only a 3-year age difference, and school is almost over for the year.

Then again, my parents have a 10-year age difference...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I suspect if she were 18 and not in high school there wouldn't even be a question.

When I met my husband I was 17 and he was 20. However, I had been in college already for a couple of years so he never had to wonder if it was okay for him to date a high school girl.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ

it's a 3 year difference

The funny thing is it's a big difference when you're 21 and she's 18, but later when you're, let's say 29, and she's 26, it's not.

You're right women mature much faster. Go for it.