Thread: ESFP & Marriage

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    oooo YES! so true of what i've witnessed!
    Yeah. One was my grandmother, who married my grandfather thinking he was 27 when he was lying and was actually 19 (she was 28), and another is a girl whom I've known since birth who had been married 3 times and has one kid by the age of 22. Yet another started making wedding plans with a guy when she had never met him in person and planned to get hitched a week after he got home from his deployment.

They're crazy, I tell you.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

My ESFP grandfather was married to my ESTJ grandmother for 56 years!

It was his second marriage... his first wife left him because he randomly decided that they should move to South Dakota.
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    My ESFP grandfather was married to my ESTJ grandmother for 56 years!

It was his second marriage... his first wife left him because he randomly decided that they should move to South Dakota.
    OMG! My grandfather did stuff like that all the time. He died before I was born so I never met him, but he would just come home and tell Grandma he'd sold the house and they were moving or drive home in a different care than he'd left for work in. Maybe he was an ESFP.

Grandma was his second wife. She and all three of their children adored him. He was over ten years older than her. She was an ISFJ or maybe an ISTJ. They got married when she was 25, I think and stayed married until he died in his early sixties. When he died, it's like the whole family was emotionally gutted for years.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

same sort of thing here! I don't think that his wife or kids EVER got over him dying (it was a freak medical mishap, so nothing expected even!). He may have been somewhat quirky and unpredictable in ways, but he was the heart and soul of the entire family. From what I've seen older ESFPs comfortably grow into such roles

They got married at the age of 30 after she got divorced as well... from his best friend
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFP

"The only ESFPs I've known have jumped into marriage headlong without thinking about what they were doing and regretted it later."

I would have to agree with this. I know that when I met my husband I just jumped head first into the marriage not knowing what I was getting into. Thankfully he is a very patient and loving man and we are still together but it has been very hard at times because we are so completely different.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Thanks for everyones input so far.
    How do you think a marriage between an ESFP female and an ISFJ male would pan out? Positives, negatives? She's 24 he's 27.
    Don't ever base your potential to be happy in a romantic relationship with another human being on typological compatibility.

I am an ESTP, my wife is an INFJ, and we've been together for 16 years and are happy as hell with each other, life in general, and ourselves. In theory we should be "shadows" or "polar opposites." I have one word for this:

HORSESHIT.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It's not really the ESFPs who are afraid of devotion... more like the etype 7's. Those are the ones who are irrationally afraid of devotion. :P
    Not all of us! I'm ESTP 7w8 sx/so and I'm happy as a lark to be married!

Quote Originally Posted by kitty213 View Post
    I would have to agree with this. I know that when I met my husband I just jumped head first into the marriage not knowing what I was getting into. Thankfully he is a very patient and loving man and we are still together but it has been very hard at times because we are so completely different.
    All long term relationships have ups and downs, regardless fo the type of each partner...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post

I am an ESTP, my wife is an INFJ, and we've been together for 16 years and are happy as hell with each other, life in general, and ourselves. In theory we should be "shadows" or "polar opposites." I have one word for this:
    I think two mature people who knows their strong and weak sides and also respcts their partners strong and weak side will have a much happier relation than two immature duals.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm an esfp 7w8 and a bit of a slow bloomer on the marriage/commitment front. I'm 25 and just now coming to terms with the possibility of marriage and children. As long as it's a fun marriage. With fun children.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.