• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SP] SP Comfort Food

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I keep trying to convince my family to make a ham or a roast for Thanksgiving every year... and they keep letting me down... and one of the major perks of ham or a roast? no stuffing :cheese:

KDude

Like I said, I like breads and stuff.. So stuffing is awesome. By far the one part of thanksgiving where I have a heaping serving.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I keep trying to convince my family to make a ham or a roast for Thanksgiving every year... and they keep letting me down... and one of the major perks of ham or a roast? no stuffing :cheese:

BLASPHEMY! Everyone knows ham is for Christmas and TURKEY is for thanksgiving. :chicken:

What about the turkey soup, the turkey sandwiches, the turkey salad, the turkey gravy, the turkey hash, the turkey a la king????

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
it's the texture... and the way that it sounds when it's dipped out... and the way it smells... and the flavor... :cry:

I don't like celery or sage though.... that might explain quite a bit :laugh:

Neither of those is required for stuffing, though. You've probably just been around people who don't know how to make it properly. Stuffing made right is like manna from heaven.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
it still doesn't fix the problem of the horrible texture :sick:

and don't suggest cornbread stuffing either... because I don't like cornbread either (unless it's a tortilla, in which case it's awesome :wubbie:)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
it still doesn't fix the problem of the horrible texture :sick:

and don't suggest cornbread stuffing either... because I don't like cornbread either (unless it's a tortilla, in which case it's awesome :wubbie:)

:horor:

Cornbread fuckin' RULES! So does grits!

And, I used to hate stuffing, but now I love it to death. :wubbie: It shouldn't just be for thanksgiving.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thanksgiving. Fortunately for me, the evolving family is primarily SP.

A couple of years ago we did Texas style Real 100 Percent Range beef, and Lobster.

Last year we said f* it and just had our favorite appetizers and desert. :yes:

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
jr-sliders-1chilidog.jpg
Chilidogs :cheese:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8

i love those, especially when they have apple in the filling.
i don't know what they are called though.

those are good. when i was a kid i had a friend who would ONLY buy those from the ice cream truck. he never ate any other kind of ice cream or popsicle.

my best friend and i used to get double stick popsicles a lot. we would get different colors and then rip off one half and trade a half.

popsicle.jpg

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And a Pennsylvania concord grape wine

Haha, probably came from my town. I love the stuff, I find it very sweet.
I also love french fries.
Anything from Arby's
Turkey with cranberry sauce
Cheesecake
Coldstone cake
Soft serve Ice cream
Chicken Wings
Raspberry drizzled brownies
cookie dough
SHRIMP!!! I could eat a pound in one sitting, which I have done.
Local chocolate
Most seafood
Olive Garden
Pizza from Chuck E. Cheese. I hate that place though, they won't let me go in and just get a damn pizza because I don't have a child with me. I was considering just taking someone's child in for five minutes then getting 10 pizzas before I leave.

LeafAndSky

MBTI Type
ISFP
Haha, probably came from my town. I love the stuff, I find it very sweet.
I also love french fries.
Anything from Arby's
Turkey with cranberry sauce
Cheesecake
Coldstone cake
Soft serve Ice cream
Chicken Wings
Raspberry drizzled brownies
cookie dough
SHRIMP!!! I could eat a pound in one sitting, which I have done.
Local chocolate
Most seafood
Olive Garden
Pizza from Chuck E. Cheese. I hate that place though, they won't let me go in and just get a damn pizza because I don't have a child with me. I was considering just taking someone's child in for five minutes then getting 10 pizzas before I leave.

The concord wine is from Arrowhead Wine Cellars up in North East, PA [yes, North East is the name of the town].

This thread is great. I keep getting intermittent e-mail notifications of all these amazing food lists and pictures! :)

I'd forgotten all about eating popsicles as a kid. And those apple things, yeah! (Except my sister and I made the triangle version.)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The concord wine is from Arrowhead Wine Cellars up in North East, PA [yes, North East is the name of the town].

Yeah, I'm like ten minutes from there tehe :yes: