First 12

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    Uh...are you sure you're not ISFJ? None of the bolded seems very ISFP-like to me.
    Yeah, I agree so far as typical MBTI stereotypes go?

Do you have control issues (to the OP)?

I don't mean that in a bad way, but you really should think twice about "protecting" your sister.

It's really not your job in many ways, and can lead to resentment, or co-dependency, neither of which is good for either party...

Just trying to get a read on things.

I have to go light something on fire now, I'll be back in a few minutes...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Yeah, I agree so far as typical MBTI stereotypes go?

Do you have control issues (to the OP)?

I don't mean that in a bad way, but you really should think twice about "protecting" your sister.

It's really not your job in many ways, and can lead to resentment, or co-dependency, neither of which is good for either party...

Just trying to get a read on things.

I have to go light something on fire now, I'll be back in a few minutes...

Oh yeah .. I'm so ISFP it's not funny. Okay this is the deal with me and control and protection: Her son committed suicide 3 years ago. It was horrible as one can imagine. This past year she takes the chance on love and gets bit hard twice. Not sure if you are familiar with INFPs but they suffer greatly when rejected. So I see prince charming coming and sweeping her off her feet ... sigh, I just want to make sure she doesn't get hurt again. I'm not hostile towards the guy or anything. I just want her to stay grounded this time. I give her hints, thats all.

Thanks for all the advice though!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Julie1962 View Post
    Oh yeah .. I'm so ISFP it's not funny. Okay this is the deal with me and control and protection: Her son committed suicide 3 years ago. It was horrible as one can imagine. This past year she takes the chance on love and gets bit hard twice. Not sure if you are familiar with INFPs but they suffer greatly when rejected. So I see prince charming coming and sweeping her off her feet ... sigh, I just want to make sure she doesn't get hurt again. I'm not hostile towards the guy or anything. I just want her to stay grounded this time. I give her hints, thats all.

Thanks for all the advice though!
    Wow. I'm really sorry to hear about her son.

Protecting one's loved oness is often difficult territory to traverse.

If I had a choice of stepping on someone toes and giving some blunt advice, or seeing them get hurt from something that was preventable, then I spare no feelings and say my peace, but if it falls on deaf ears, then sometimes all you can do is watch them fall down and scrape up their knees (again) and hope they learn.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Yes .. it is difficult territory. I feel protective of her but I also know better than to get in the middle of it. I just plant seeds as to what she may or may not expect from the men she dates. She takes it so personally when dumped and gets so depressed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

based purely on interaction styles and temperament:

Both are "In Charge" (both directing and initiating).

ESTJ will be affiliative and structure oriented. ESTP will be pragmatic and motive oriented. The problem is that sometimes ESTPs run the Fe schemes and it gets confused for being "affiliative". Another problem is that ESTPs can be very physically organized and appear "structure".

So ask: are they truly being affiliative because they want to be, or is it because they want something and are being pragmatic (sex, allowance, promotion etc). Do they truly prefer thinking in a structured fashion, or do they do it merely to create a persona? (engineer ESTPs are notorious for this...seriously they might say they relate to tony stark more than an action hero if you asked them ).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Anybody have any experience with this pairing? These types are have the functions they are attractive to. They're both extroverts. I'm interested in this pairing. @TreeBob

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    Anybody have any experience with this pairing? These types are have the functions they are attractive to. They're both extroverts. I'm interested in this pairing. @TreeBob
    Why have you summoned me from my deep slumber! Why as an INTP are you interested in this pairing? I do have experience with it, but you need to ask me a specific question.
    Don't like my modera... Oh wait, wrong forum. Carry on.

ESTP, 8w7 sx/sp