• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] Ask an ISFP!

KDude

Another question, how do you find yourself using Se?

Probably the most detail-oriented with hearing. I'm pretty picky when it comes to musical instruments, timbre.. kind of bogs me down actually. Maybe my worst is tasting (not that I can't appreciate things, but I never savor my food or drink much. I eat fast. I don't care how much the wine or truffles cost :cool:).

Good and bad: Can mistake touch for closeness.

wolfy

awsm

Probably with weight training the most. After years of learning about the body I can feel how it is working, what muscle, the balance. Baking was bit like that too, after I learnt the ins and outs it was more of a sensing kind of thing.

B

brainheart

I notice my Se especially when I am out in nature. I get a rush from all that I perceive- a bird peeking it's head out of a woodpecker hole in a dead tree, the serrated edge of leaves on a plant, meadowlark calls, the texture of bark, how dirt smells after rain. It makes me feel incredibly alive and capable and wholly myself. I always feel better outside, moving- provided that it's at my own pace and of my own volition.

I stepped away from the whole mbti for awhile, after once again deciding that I was an INFP, and this is something I observed about myself. Yes, I can hold my own in the world of Ne, but being in the moment, living in the real sensual world, is when I feel happiest and most at peace. The Ne stuff is more like me going along with the intuitive types I know... but hell, I'd rather construct a replica of the Eiffel Tower on top of my son's birthday cake any day over discussing transpersonal psychology.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I love to walk anywhere... in the woods, through the countryside, in a small town, in a city... I feel totally in the moment, totally in the space through which I am traveling. I love to look into shop windows and I am fascinated by architecture and by gardens. The variety of colors and shapes of trees and flowers... the color of the rivers... the color of the sky... it all fills me with joy. I like to smell the flowers' aromas... it feels right to have my whole world within touching distance.
After I walk a long distance, I get hungry and thirsty and the food tastes so good, so fresh, so many sensations...
These are some of the ways in which I experience my Se.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I notice my Se especially when I am out in nature. I get a rush from all that I perceive- a bird peeking it's head out of a woodpecker hole in a dead tree, the serrated edge of leaves on a plant, meadowlark calls, the texture of bark, how dirt smells after rain. It makes me feel incredibly alive and capable and wholly myself. I always feel better outside, moving- provided that it's at my own pace and of my own volition.

I stepped away from the whole mbti for awhile, after once again deciding that I was an INFP, and this is something I observed about myself. Yes, I can hold my own in the world of Ne, but being in the moment, living in the real sensual world, is when I feel happiest and most at peace. The Ne stuff is more like me going along with the intuitive types I know... but hell, I'd rather construct a replica of the Eiffel Tower on top of my son's birthday cake any day over discussing transpersonal psychology.

^This.

I love to walk anywhere... in the woods, through the countryside, in a small town, in a city... I feel totally in the moment, totally in the space through which I am traveling. I love to look into shop windows and I am fascinated by architecture and by gardens. The variety of colors and shapes of trees and flowers... the color of the rivers... the color of the sky... it all fills me with joy. I like to smell the flowers' aromas... it feels right to have my whole world within touching distance.
After I walk a long distance, I get hungry and thirsty and the food tastes so good, so fresh, so many sensations...

...and this^.

B

brainheart

Well put, WT. It's like that first sip of beer when you're hot and thirsty and it's icy cold and holy crap, it's so good and amazing; therefore, all is right with the world.

MBTI Type
INFJ
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but:

ISFPs, how do you deal with break-ups? When you are the one that ended the relationship?
Do you only end a relationship when there is no way back?
Do you move on soon?

gromit

likes this
Probably the most detail-oriented with hearing. I'm pretty picky when it comes to musical instruments, timbre.. kind of bogs me down actually. Maybe my worst is tasting (not that I can't appreciate things, but I never savor my food or drink much. I eat fast. I don't care how much the wine or truffles cost :cool:).

Good and bad: Can mistake touch for closeness.
Interesting... do you play anything, or is it just in music you listen to? And I think I actually know exactly what you mean about mistaking touch for closeness.

Probably with weight training the most. After years of learning about the body I can feel how it is working, what muscle, the balance. Baking was bit like that too, after I learnt the ins and outs it was more of a sensing kind of thing.
So, like you know it so well it almost becomes a part of you?

:wubbie:

Also :wubbie:

B

brainheart

ISFPs, how do you deal with break-ups? When you are the one that ended the relationship?
Do you only end a relationship when there is no way back?
Do you move on soon?

I'm pretty okay with it if I'm the one ending it, provided I didn't make the decision impulsively and then I may very well end up regretting it. But typically, I can move on very quickly. If, however, I am the end-ee, not the end-er, hoo...
I do not deal well at all. (Unless the person continues to be my friend, or at the very least, gives me a reasonable explanation, then it's much better. In other words, if we can get along, cool, if not, hard. I have never understood why ex-relationships can't continue to be amicable, that's what puzzles me.)

KDude

Interesting... do you play anything, or is it just in music you listen to? And I think I actually know exactly what you mean about mistaking touch for closeness.

I play guitar..umm.. anything like guitars or basses.. can get around other string instruments like mandolins or dulcimers. and a little synth/piano.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty okay with it if I'm the one ending it, provided I didn't make the decision impulsively and then I may very well end up regretting it. But typically, I can move on very quickly. If, however, I am the end-ee, not the end-er, hoo...
I do not deal well at all. (Unless the person continues to be my friend, or at the very least, gives me a reasonable explanation, then it's much better. In other words, if we can get along, cool, if not, hard. I have never understood why ex-relationships can't continue to be amicable, that's what puzzles me.)

:yes:

Can't you tell how lazy we ISFP's are? We just let one or two of our kind talk and the rest of us just say we agree.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Hi ISFPs,

Would this be an accurate description of you?

KITE0406.JPG

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Nah I have a receding hairline and don't wear green shirts.

gromit

likes this
This child is flying the kite by its tail... I don't think that would work... :D

KDude

And I just wear black socks.

And my kite is a friggin DRAGON. RAWR. WEEEEE

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh yeah?! Well my kite is a unicorn that farts butterflies and hearts! <3