User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: Ask an ISFP!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    i believe you're right... i'm not an extrovert in the typical sense. but it'd be just as difficult for me to be a real introvert... eventually i'd have to scream or something. "WTF?!!? need to get out.. need to make contact..need to participate.." that doesn't mean i'm gonna jump on tables and start slapping everyone's asses, and pushing aside deep conversation.. i mean, damn.. why do we even have to speak in such extremes. [edit] just rambling into the air there. not directed at anyone

I feel you man. Sounds like you are on a path of discovery.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm kind of like that too. The only time I like to do sports is when I'm with my friends. They are what make it fun. I wouldn't go rock climbing or snowboarding or whatever by myself. That would be boring! Or with people I don't know.... :eek:
    I'm way less introverted than I used to be. Just like the past 2 years I'm starting to be more outgoing and sociable. But I'll never be an extravert. Parties are scary. I feel better when I'm by myself or with one friend.
    "Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self." (May Sarton)
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!

here's a question:

Can ISFPs sing Happy Birthday?

I can't. I can show plenty of Fe (even excitably sometimes), but I seem to be a jerk when it comes to festive things like that. I don't put my hand on my chest at the national anthem, i don't say grace, and i mentioned in one thread here, i hardly applaud for anything.

(no i don't have asperger's.. it's not like that.) can anyone relate somewhat?? (doesn't have to be birthdays.. could be something else)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm not an ISFP (and I have enough Fe to offer extra to other people!), but I am completely inept at singing happy birthday... the best I can do is "announcing" happy birthday in a dramatic reading style... as if making it even more rediculous than it is is the only way to get through it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISFP

here's a question:

Can ISFPs sing Happy Birthday?

I can't. I can show plenty of Fe (even excitably sometimes), but I seem to be a jerk when it comes to festive things like that. I don't put my hand on my chest at the national anthem, i don't say grace, and i mentioned in one thread here, i hardly applaud for anything.

(no i don't have asperger's.. it's not like that.) can anyone relate somewhat?? (doesn't have to be birthdays.. could be something else)
    I can relate to two out of the above four examples but I don't know if my reasons are similar. Do you know what's going through your head when you don't do those things? Independent streak -- intelligence and wanting to be allowed to think for yourself about what actions you perform? Independent streak -- feelings of rebellion? Political/religious protest? Shyness?

i don't know. it's like it's not "cool" to me or something. sigh.. edit:there's an element of rebellion there, i guess. as well as shyness.

i'll always get kids a good gift though, and they like jumping for a hug whenever i'm around. so maybe i'm not so bad.

[edit] with the anthem or prayer, yeah.. it's just an independent streak. been that way since i was a kid.. i recall one time even staying in my seat at an anthem.. pissed my dad off. i'll at least stand up for one these days

MBTI
    ISFP

i think it's a Fi thing for me or something? which would be a strange "value" to have. like it's not "cool" to me or something. sigh..

i'll always get kids an good gift though, and they like jumping for a hug whenever i'm around. so maybe i'm not so bad.
    Yeah, maybe you're not so bad.

[edit] with the anthem or prayer, yeah.. it's just an independent streak. been that way since i was a kid.. i recall one time even staying in my seat at an anthem.. pissed my dad off. i'll at least stand up for one these days
    The singing and clapping can have an awkward feel, so much that we don't want to do them. I used to strongly feel that way, memory jogged by your posts. But I'm an enthusiastic happy-birthdayer now (people are fun, celebrations are excuses for more fun, and I'm glad for peoples' friendships) and an enthusiastic clapper (when something's worth it, or even when it's not but the performer is really trying, which is most of the time). The anthem/prayer thing, those are personal conviction issues; I'll stand but that's it.

Independent streaks aren't so bad, in my experience!

yeah, maybe i might clap more if i see they're really trying or something. otoh, it's not that good performances don't affect me. i can be brought to tears or chills.

MBTI
    ISFP

KDude, regarding your edit ("there's an element of rebellion there, i guess. as well as shyness") yes a lot of this sounds familiar. Hopefully it's of some help to know that you're not the only one. Anyway, with billions of people on the planet we can all relax and figure that nothing much that we exhibit in the way of traits or preferences is totally unheard of.

"According to the International Programs Center, U.S. Census Bureau, the total population of the World, projected to 05/01/10 at 15:26 UTC (EST+5) is

6,818,251,118"
    US & World Population Clock
    Last edited by LeafAndSky; 05-02-2010 at 03:13 PM.

6.8 already? seems like we had the 6 billion count not too long ago.

thanks for the post btw