Thread: Ask an ISFP!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster
    Reality has always felt "limiting".- Orangeappled

When I saw that I laughed out loud and thought "that right there is for people who don't know the different between INFPs and ISFPs." Reality isn't limiting at all! There's so much to do and discover in reality!
    If that's the case, I'm DEFINITELY an ISFP.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram
    5w4

^^ yeah, i suppose that was it. i just couldn't only live in the moment with ease and he couldn't be at ease when i was not at ease, or something... and he avoided conflicts even more than i did and that created even more conflicts... don't know.

it doesn't really matter anymore, anyway... i just think too much... i guess life will always seem more complicated to me than it actually is... my ex taught me to laugh at myself, though. i'll always be grateful for him for that, as well.

it's really hard to miss him and at the same time knowing that it couldn't have worked

i can't imagine getting that close to anyone else.

i can give you one awesome, though, or at least from my experience: you guys are the best at making an ordinary day extraordinary, or making an ordinary person feel like someone special...
    Enneagram 5w4.

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by My 'ISFP' wrote:
    I am a bad friend :'D. No one deserves lovin's, unless you like fair weather friends who take rain checks often. I'd like that positive trait of loyalty. It sounds very nice to me, and I wonder why I don't have it. Good traits are what I like. Good is good ;D. I am so unable to help when rainclouds roll around. When I try, it seems weird, forced, or insincere.
    Errr. Have I mistyped her?
    Um, yeah.

whatup... should i include myself back into your ranks? these results are confusing, but i believe they're "accurate enough" and reflect me. even though my Se is relatively high (and higher than my Fi), it marks me as ISFP. i suppose a real ESFP is extremely high in Se, and can't control themselves and chill (while I can). i think i'm more in my head, evaluating..overriding Se at times. My Ne isn't weak either.. so maybe that's why I get all confused on whether I'm NF (but I don't think "reality is limiting" like orangeappled said).

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************************ (36.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.4)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.6)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ******************************** (32.2)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************* (20)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) **************************** (28.6)
    average use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************* (25.6)
    average use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************* (31.6)
    good use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ISFP

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Sensing (Se): Immersing in the present context. Responding naturally to everything tangible you detect through your senses. Checking with what your gut instincts say. Testing limits and take risks for big rewards.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ESFP, or INFP

Do you write about your feelings a lot?

No. i might try to talk with some people about them though.

Do you like to read or is it a waste of time?

i read in spurts

Do you have good aim?

Yeah, but i catch even better.

How do you know you're not an N?

i don't

Does it drive you crazy to not be physically active, or are you pretty content to sit around doing (what looks like) nothing, for long periods of time? Or is it more balanced?

hmm, physically active how? i've always enjoyed sports, but many people i know are (not to be mean) in worse shape and lazier than i am, and it's like... things are less fun to do without someone around. i get bored shooting a basketball alone, or hopping on my skateboard. so then i become a little dormant myself. i'm always missing the good old days when i did more things outside with people...but i hate doing it all alone.

that said, i pace a lot. you'll never find me sitting in a chair for too long. i like to move at least a little. that, or i think of excuses into going somewhere.

but if people ask for me to do work... it's not fun. plus, i think they're using me. especially when they never ask for anything else. so i'm thinking "oooh wow.. look at the time! hope it works out for ya ^_^ "

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by yvonne View Post

it's really hard to miss him and at the same time knowing that it couldn't have worked

I have the same sentiments about my ISFP ex.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Errr. Have I mistyped her?
    Doesn't sound that unusual for someone insecure about not being able to help out.
    Last edited by Snow Turtle; 04-30-2010 at 10:01 PM.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    whatup... should i include myself back into your ranks? these results are confusing, but i believe they're "accurate enough" and reflect me. even though my Se is relatively high (and higher than my Fi), it marks me as ISFP. i suppose a real ESFP is extremely high in Se, and can't control themselves and chill (while I can). i think i'm more in my head, evaluating..overriding Se at times. My Ne isn't weak either.. so maybe that's why I get all confused on whether I'm NF (but I don't think "reality is limiting" like orangeappled said).

Seems like your I/E might be balanced? I know that I usually score a real low introvert, and am mistaken as an extrovert a whole lot by those who really don't know me. After learning about MBTI in more detail, it's helped me to define my actions on the scale of a "typical" ISTJ....in a lot of cases, I find myself to the left of the definitions. I'm most comfortable with familiarity, but am not afraid, and in some cases, look forward to possibilities. You might be experiencing the same.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post

hmm, physically active how? i've always enjoyed sports, but many people i know are (not to be mean) in worse shape and lazier than i am, and it's like... things are less fun to do without someone around. i get bored shooting a basketball alone, or hopping on my skateboard. so then i become a little dormant myself. i'm always missing the good old days when i did more things outside with people...but i hate doing it all alone.
    KDude, again, this sounds like me- Contrary to my introversion, I enjoy activities like sports with other people. You might be an I- closer to the I/E divide, with an interest in expending that energy with other people.

i believe you're right... i'm not an extrovert in the typical sense. but it'd be just as difficult for me to be a real introvert... eventually i'd have to scream or something. "WTF?!!? need to get out.. need to make contact..need to participate.." that doesn't mean i'm gonna jump on tables and start slapping everyone's asses, and pushing aside deep conversation.. i mean, damn.. why do we even have to speak in such extremes. [edit] just rambling into the air there. not directed at anyone