User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Ask an ISFP!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LeafAndSky View Post
    My take, from my experience:

========

An ISFP is easygoing and can adapt to a variety of traits or types as long as there's caring.

Relationship challenges might stem from the partner appreciating having the ISFP's (a) understanding nature and (b) physical nature focused on them, but underneath, if the partner had thought about it, they really wanted or needed to be with a different kind of person.

It's not going to work well to get into a relationship with an ISFP and then try to change them. They are not, and are not interested in becoming:

-polished in a classic and traditional manner
    -an SJ household manager
    -a driven, corporate career person
    -only infrequently physically affectionate
    -wealth-oriented
    -prestige-oriented

It's also not going to work well over the long term to get into a relationship with an ISFP because they seem like someone who can be dominated.

To an ISFP, a great relationship would include equality, playfulness, sharing, and caring.

========

I think it may take ISFPs a while to develop a good sense of who they are.

Thank you for this. You validated a lot of what I saw in my ISFP relationship and concluded on myself.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Do you like cookies?
    Probably my favorite food group!
    “A man only learns in two ways, one by reading, and the other by association with smarter people”--Will Rogers

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I am very frustrated due to having to deal with two rude and incompetent people. Please offer strategies to prevent conversion to primal conflict resolution methods.

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I am very frustrated due to having to deal with two rude and incompetent people. Please offer strategies to prevent conversion to primal conflict resolution methods.

-Halla
    my thoughts exactly!

like it's ok to be incompetent, but at least admit you're bad and acknowledge it so i can maybe help you

but rudeness + incompetence = grrr
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

-Halla
    Take them both out to see the movie "Kickass." I hear it's good.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP

-Halla
    I don't think you need advice -- you seem practical and intelligent. So, this is not advice, just a review.

- Build a bridge -- i.e., some (perhaps smaller) version of Jeffster's movie suggestion -- and find common ground. Then look for an opening to constructively change the situation.

- Review the differences between passive, assertive, and aggressive behaviors. Even if you don't believe in those delineations, some of the insights may apply.

- Harder: consider whether or not you yourself also do, in at least some ways and in some situations, the behaviors that you currently find provoking.

- Last but not least, go look at Hubble photographs and remember how big the big picture really is.

Good luck!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

-Halla
    What environment is it in? Work?

Also how long do you have to be with them?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    my thoughts exactly!

like it's ok to be incompetent, but at least admit you're bad and acknowledge it so i can maybe help you

but rudeness + incompetence = grrr
    Precisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Take them both out to see the movie "Kickass." I hear it's good.
    Can I take them to see it at a theater in a really bad part of town?

Quote Originally Posted by LeafAndSky View Post
    I don't think you need advice -- you seem practical and intelligent. So, this is not advice, just a review.

- Build a bridge -- i.e., some (perhaps smaller) version of Jeffster's movie suggestion -- and find common ground. Then look for an opening to constructively change the situation.

- Review the differences between passive, assertive, and aggressive behaviors. Even if you don't believe in those delineations, some of the insights may apply.

- Harder: consider whether or not you yourself also do, in at least some ways and in some situations, the behaviors that you currently find provoking.

- Last but not least, go look at Hubble photographs and remember how big the big picture really is.

Good luck!
    A most excellent review, thank you!

These pragmatic tips are hard to recall when anger, testosterone, and fatigue course through one's veins.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    What environment is it in? Work?

Also how long do you have to be with them?
    Yes, at the "Salt Mine."

Duration = TBD. I am going to recommend they be removed from my workflow, as they are not adding any value. And if they are not, I will then continue what I am doing and blow them off until they leave me alone, as I do not report to them. As long as I am getting my work done, I should be fine in theory, we shall see...
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

-Halla
    This was a good book on resolving stuff well.

Amazon.com: Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In (9780140157352): Roger Fisher, William L. Ury, Bruce Patton: Books

this was good too

Amazon.com: Hostage at the Table: How Leaders Can Overcome Conflict, Influence Others, and Raise Performance (J-B Warren Bennis Series) (9780787983840): George Kohlrieser, Joe W. Forehand: Books

MBTI
    ISTP

do isfp have a good memory
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.