First 1234513 Last

Thread: Ask an ISFP!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP

1) Being an ESFP, I sometimes get it confused between the two. What is the difference?

2)If you were to mate with a type, who would you do it with? How and Why?

3) Why do you think you are an ISFP? What the the qualities?

4) Rate your type out of 10 on the scale of Awesomesness.

5) What is the main goal in your life?

6) What is life?

Have fun!

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I believe it's her Fi. It wants to "correct" me.
    I have a hard time believing that "Fi" wants you to take a bath every day. You didn't answer my question as to why you believe she is ISFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    1) Being an ESFP, I sometimes get it confused between the two. What is the difference?
    The ESFPs do the things that the ISFPs wish we were doing.

2)If you were to mate with a type, who would you do it with? How and Why?
    Uhhhh..huh huh huh huh (Butthead laugh)

Short and curvy, dude. However she was down for, because it's gooood.

3) Why do you think you are an ISFP? What the the qualities?
    On a basic level, because almost every test says so, and most type descriptions are pretty accurate. I've never taken the "official" MBTI, but I have taken many assessments that are based on it. I am introverted, here-and-now focused, my decisions and values are very emotion-based, I care little for logic or rationale, and I am very open-ended and adaptable, not enjoying or valuing a lot of schedules or strict guidelines for things.

6) What is life?
    You just answered your own questions:

Have fun!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I have a hard time believing that "Fi" wants you to take a bath every day. You didn't answer my question as to why you believe she is ISFP.
    Absolutely impossible that she's not. extreme Introverted, sensing, feeling , perceiver. I could also talk about the functions aspect. The most obvious of her's are Fi X X Te. The combination of somewhat ruthless, less developed directed cognitive approach and internal judgement based on values. Other than that, her interest in stories and boredom of ideas. Truly impossible that she's not this type....no "rocket" can change my mind about that.

...except, I'm confused over her demanding approach. Therefore, I have concluded that it came from her approach of what is "right" to her, the "Fi".
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    INTJ

What aspects of an ISFP make it a challenge to be successful in a relationship?

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Absolutely impossible that she's not. extreme Introverted, sensing, feeling , perceiver. I could also talk about the functions aspect. The most obvious of her's are Fi X X Te. The combination of somewhat ruthless, less developed directed cognitive approach and internal judgement based on values. Other than that, her interest in stories and boredom of ideas. Truly impossible that she's not this type....no "rocket" can change my mind about that.

...except, I'm confused over her demanding approach. Therefore, I have concluded that it came from her approach of what is "right" to her, the "Fi".
    Sounds more like FeSi, from what I'm reading. Si is the function concerned with material wellbeing, order, etc. Fe uses Si when it wants to decipher appropriate behaviour through past experience, observations or childhood. What you described strikes against ISFP behaviour. My ISFP girlfriend desires independence and freedom in our relationship, and so she in turn gives me these things. At most, she'll jokingly "nag" at me to finish an essay. But that's usually just an excuse to get in touch. ISFPs are too lax for didactic language. Your mother is probably an XSFJ.
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    ISFP

Being an ESFP, I sometimes get it confused between the two. What is the difference?

I don't know. I test near the middle of E and I.

2)If you were to mate with a type, who would you do it with?

Male.

How

and Why?

You mean you don't know why?

3) Why do you think you are an ISFP?

The descriptions sound most like me.

What the the qualities?

Not currently in the mood to attempt to explain MBTI.

All types are 10s. (Equal Opportunity Typer. Typist?)

To live.

6) What is life?

Life is rich.
    ------> Insert entire lexicon of smilies here, as an example <------

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Did you mean

what aspects of an ISFP make it a challenge to the ISFP, or
    what aspects of an ISFP make it a challenge to the partner?

What is success, in a relationship?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LeafAndSky View Post
    Did you mean

what aspects of an ISFP make it a challenge to the ISFP, or
    what aspects of an ISFP make it a challenge to the partner?

What is success, in a relationship?
    I was thinking the latter, but you know what, if you have knowledge on both, that would be a big help.

Success- meaning the relationship keeps growing and progresses, and is sustainable.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Sounds more like FeSi, from what I'm reading. Si is the function concerned with material wellbeing, order, etc. Fe uses Si when it wants to decipher appropriate behaviour through past experience, observations or childhood. What you described strikes against ISFP behaviour. My ISFP girlfriend desires independence and freedom in our relationship, and so she in turn gives me these things. At most, she'll jokingly "nag" at me to finish an essay. But that's usually just an excuse to get in touch. ISFPs are too lax for didactic language. Your mother is probably an XSFJ.
    I'm sorry, I disagree. I know too well the differences between a Judger and Perceiver. It takes hours before my mother is able to choose things while shopping. My sister, on the other hand, is an ISFJ. And I can very well see the difference between the two types. The ISFJ tending to be the outspoken one. One more thing, she does not use Fe. All things she say are mostly meant to direct inwards, instead of control the dynamics of the social.

I have concluded that it's not impossible for an ISFP to be didactic---especially at older age.
    A search for truth is a search for a greedy perspective.

Nah, that's not truth. That's just your bullshit ideas of truth. Truth is always inclusive. If it's not inclusive, then toughen it up and try harder.

MBTI
    ISFP

Success- meaning the relationship keeps growing and progresses, and is sustainable.
    My take, from my experience:

========

An ISFP is easygoing and can adapt to a variety of traits or types as long as there's caring.

Relationship challenges might stem from the partner appreciating having the ISFP's (a) understanding nature and (b) physical nature focused on them, but underneath, if the partner had thought about it, they really wanted or needed to be with a different kind of person.

It's not going to work well to get into a relationship with an ISFP and then try to change them. They are not, and are not interested in becoming:

-polished in a classic and traditional manner
    -an SJ household manager
    -a driven, corporate career person
    -only infrequently physically affectionate
    -wealth-oriented
    -prestige-oriented

It's also not going to work well over the long term to get into a relationship with an ISFP because they seem like someone who can be dominated.

To an ISFP, a great relationship would include equality, playfulness, sharing, and caring.

========

I think it may take ISFPs a while to develop a good sense of who they are.