User Tag List

First 8161718

Thread: Ask an ISFP!

I don't know. Maybe. Maybe Ti are like mobile principles, since they're tied with Se or Ne. If that makes sense.

Anyways, I can write like that too. I mean, I like some ground rules. Maybe the typical system in a pop song.. which is sort of intro-rhythm-chorus-rhythm-chorus-bridge-rhythm. Even Coltrane has his anchor points. Jimi does too of course. It's just more apparent how free they are simply because they lead more. PJ doesn't play many leads, so it isn't as easy to see. Neither do I, but I like flourishing around rhythms. Changing them up a lot. Fill ins, or changing octave.. more melodic playing. I get bored in too much of a straight system.

Sorry.. I don't know if I'm babbling now. You probably don't have to be a musician to understand what I mean.. I think.

Yeah, I guess there is just a lot of overlap between the two. I get what you mean about the music.

Something about what people are liked stressed is really interesting. I get really conflicted about what people want from me.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been asked already (I'll fully admit that this is just sloth on my part) but: What would you say is the difference between an ISFP or ISFJ? In other words, how much of a difference does the "P" and the "J" make?
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

ISFPs are you feelings hurt easily but you just don't show it?

I'm still trying to narrow down my ISXP son. I asked him does he get upset when yelled, fussed/cussed at and he said no, not really. Annoyed a little but not much reaction to it. If he merits it, then he will be annoyed at himself but that's about it.

I'm thinking an ISFP would be hurt but you may never know it. True?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been asked already (I'll fully admit that this is just sloth on my part) but: What would you say is the difference between an ISFP or ISFJ? In other words, how much of a difference does the "P" and the "J"?
    INFJs "appear" more responsible. Are more likely to to be much more organized. High respect for authority. Are more likely to be "doormats". Tend to be better at direct logical debate and in my experience seem to be better able to access their Ti than ISFPs accessing their Te as a rule. Less laid back and and rarely spontanious execpt when they get very angry. More linear.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    INFJs "appear" more responsible. Are more likely to to be much more organized. High respect for authority. Are more likely to be "doormats". Tend to be better at direct logical debate and in my experience seem to be better able to access their Ti than ISFPs accessing their Te as a rule. Less laid back and and rarely spontanious execpt when they get very angry. More linear.
    Hey,

Thank you for the response. While I don't really doubt that I am an ISFJ, I was just curious as sometimes I'm left wondering how "J" I am sometimes. I am very pattern and routine oriented but I'm not NEARLY so organized or responsible as I think I ought to be or as people often portray ISFJs to be (Then again, I may just hold myself to ridiculously high standards. Very likely this).

Thank you again for your response!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I did the MBTI, Step II, which confirmed that I was an isfp. I was fairly sure that was my personality type before I took the test, although I still sometimes wonder if I might need a different set of letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    how'd you find out you were an isfp?
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post

I'm still trying to narrow down my ISXP son. I asked him does he get upset when yelled, fussed/cussed at and he said no, not really. Annoyed a little but not much reaction to it. If he merits it, then he will be annoyed at himself but that's about it.

I get more annoyed than hurt too. I do dislike when relationships are out of whack though, it feels like something I have to fix.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

No, not for this isfp. If you hurt my feelings, you will know it right away. I can't hide anything. To use a cliche, I "wear my heart on my sleeve."
    But when I did the MBTI Step II, my "expressive" score was very high. That is an "extraverted" trait. If you hurt the feelings of a more reserved isfp, you might not see as much of a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post

I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Hi everyone!

I am very new to this thread. This is my first post. I am not sure how to start a new thread. Anyway, my questions are addressed to ISFP *males* basically.

I would like to know how ISFP men approach love.

* Do ISFPs fall in love quickly?
    * Do ISFps fantasize/daydream a lot about their love interest?
    * Do ISFPs get over love quickly?
    * Are ISFPs slow to fall in love?
    * Are ISFPs are slow to get over love?
    * Do ISFPs look for greener grasses elsewhere?
    * Once committed, are ISFPs prone to cheat?

etc. Thank so much for your time. I am an ENFJ female, if that helps. :-)