User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Thread: Ask an ISFP!

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Another question, how do you find yourself using Se?
    Probably the most detail-oriented with hearing. I'm pretty picky when it comes to musical instruments, timbre.. kind of bogs me down actually. Maybe my worst is tasting (not that I can't appreciate things, but I never savor my food or drink much. I eat fast. I don't care how much the wine or truffles cost ).

Good and bad: Can mistake touch for closeness.

Probably with weight training the most. After years of learning about the body I can feel how it is working, what muscle, the balance. Baking was bit like that too, after I learnt the ins and outs it was more of a sensing kind of thing.

brainheart

I notice my Se especially when I am out in nature. I get a rush from all that I perceive- a bird peeking it's head out of a woodpecker hole in a dead tree, the serrated edge of leaves on a plant, meadowlark calls, the texture of bark, how dirt smells after rain. It makes me feel incredibly alive and capable and wholly myself. I always feel better outside, moving- provided that it's at my own pace and of my own volition.

I stepped away from the whole mbti for awhile, after once again deciding that I was an INFP, and this is something I observed about myself. Yes, I can hold my own in the world of Ne, but being in the moment, living in the real sensual world, is when I feel happiest and most at peace. The Ne stuff is more like me going along with the intuitive types I know... but hell, I'd rather construct a replica of the Eiffel Tower on top of my son's birthday cake any day over discussing transpersonal psychology.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I love to walk anywhere... in the woods, through the countryside, in a small town, in a city... I feel totally in the moment, totally in the space through which I am traveling. I love to look into shop windows and I am fascinated by architecture and by gardens. The variety of colors and shapes of trees and flowers... the color of the rivers... the color of the sky... it all fills me with joy. I like to smell the flowers' aromas... it feels right to have my whole world within touching distance.
    After I walk a long distance, I get hungry and thirsty and the food tastes so good, so fresh, so many sensations...
    These are some of the ways in which I experience my Se.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I notice my Se especially when I am out in nature. I get a rush from all that I perceive- a bird peeking it's head out of a woodpecker hole in a dead tree, the serrated edge of leaves on a plant, meadowlark calls, the texture of bark, how dirt smells after rain. It makes me feel incredibly alive and capable and wholly myself. I always feel better outside, moving- provided that it's at my own pace and of my own volition.

I stepped away from the whole mbti for awhile, after once again deciding that I was an INFP, and this is something I observed about myself. Yes, I can hold my own in the world of Ne, but being in the moment, living in the real sensual world, is when I feel happiest and most at peace. The Ne stuff is more like me going along with the intuitive types I know... but hell, I'd rather construct a replica of the Eiffel Tower on top of my son's birthday cake any day over discussing transpersonal psychology.
    ^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I love to walk anywhere... in the woods, through the countryside, in a small town, in a city... I feel totally in the moment, totally in the space through which I am traveling. I love to look into shop windows and I am fascinated by architecture and by gardens. The variety of colors and shapes of trees and flowers... the color of the rivers... the color of the sky... it all fills me with joy. I like to smell the flowers' aromas... it feels right to have my whole world within touching distance.
    After I walk a long distance, I get hungry and thirsty and the food tastes so good, so fresh, so many sensations...
    ...and this^.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

brainheart

Well put, WT. It's like that first sip of beer when you're hot and thirsty and it's icy cold and holy crap, it's so good and amazing; therefore, all is right with the world.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but:

ISFPs, how do you deal with break-ups? When you are the one that ended the relationship?
    Do you only end a relationship when there is no way back?
    Do you move on soon?

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Probably the most detail-oriented with hearing. I'm pretty picky when it comes to musical instruments, timbre.. kind of bogs me down actually. Maybe my worst is tasting (not that I can't appreciate things, but I never savor my food or drink much. I eat fast. I don't care how much the wine or truffles cost ).

Good and bad: Can mistake touch for closeness.
    Interesting... do you play anything, or is it just in music you listen to? And I think I actually know exactly what you mean about mistaking touch for closeness.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Probably with weight training the most. After years of learning about the body I can feel how it is working, what muscle, the balance. Baking was bit like that too, after I learnt the ins and outs it was more of a sensing kind of thing.
    So, like you know it so well it almost becomes a part of you?

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post

Also
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Halfjillhalfjack View Post
    ISFPs, how do you deal with break-ups? When you are the one that ended the relationship?
    Do you only end a relationship when there is no way back?
    Do you move on soon?
    I'm pretty okay with it if I'm the one ending it, provided I didn't make the decision impulsively and then I may very well end up regretting it. But typically, I can move on very quickly. If, however, I am the end-ee, not the end-er, hoo...
    I do not deal well at all. (Unless the person continues to be my friend, or at the very least, gives me a reasonable explanation, then it's much better. In other words, if we can get along, cool, if not, hard. I have never understood why ex-relationships can't continue to be amicable, that's what puzzles me.)

Interesting... do you play anything, or is it just in music you listen to? And I think I actually know exactly what you mean about mistaking touch for closeness.
    I play guitar..umm.. anything like guitars or basses.. can get around other string instruments like mandolins or dulcimers. and a little synth/piano.