Thread: Ask an ISFP!

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    here's a question:

Can ISFPs sing Happy Birthday?

I can't. I can show plenty of Fe (even excitably sometimes), but I seem to be a jerk when it comes to festive things like that. I don't put my hand on my chest at the national anthem, i don't say grace, and i mentioned in one thread here, i hardly applaud for anything.

(no i don't have asperger's.. it's not like that.) can anyone relate somewhat?? (doesn't have to be birthdays.. could be something else)
    Once before childern, no. I couldn't even sing to my first born but I got over my shyness and now I have no problems.

There can be alot of emotions going on inside me that are not expressed nor do I realize that the other person would like to hear it. Probably because I'm just in the moment of the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Can ISFPs sing Happy Birthday?
    I can and I like too finish it with "Happy Birthday to you... You look like a monkey... and you smell like one too."

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quoting myself:

"So, in a way, you could say "utilitarian" can also mean "non-conformist." Because sometimes, it's not even about what actually works, it's more about wanting for it to be my idea and not forced upon me by someone else. I hate being a copycat, being unoriginal, doing stuff because it's what everybody else is doing or because "that's just the way it's done." I can love other people coming up with new ideas too, but I still don't even entirely want to do it their way, I always want to put my own stamp on it, in some way create something else out of it. It's like a hunger to be my own man and follow my own ways, yes, indeed, a "rebel without a cause."

From here.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Nicely put.

As for kids, I imagine things really change if you have your own. Maybe I'll get to it one day.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I hate being a copycat, being unoriginal, doing stuff because it's what everybody else is doing or because "that's just the way it's done."
    Yes.

(So I won't just quote you and agree; I'll change you to red-bold.)

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Hey isfps: if you never freaking complain how are we supposed to tell when you're just avoiding conflict vs. genuinely not bothered?

I'm assuming it's a mix of both, probably more often the latter, but how do you tell the difference? Surely you must be bothered by some things?
    in my experience...follow us around until we find someone to vent to. and it WILL happen.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I am very frustrated due to having to deal with two rude and incompetent people. Please offer strategies to prevent conversion to primal conflict resolution methods.

-Halla
    this might be just an individual thing, but i find it very easy to tap into a sort of NT thought process...this might help resolve conflict. just be careful that it doesn't bring out the worst in you and turn you into an evil bastard...mixing the above with the SP temper, in my experience, is BAD, because once you realize what you're capable of with other people...very bad things can happen, and you're probably going to enjoy doing them far too much to stop.

MBTI
    INTJ

you'll likely never convince an SFP to rationalize anything. We are proudly irrational.\
    I like you ISFPs generally, but I'm sorry to say I'm totally baffled as to why anyone would be porud to be irrational.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by goodgrief View Post
    I like you ISFPs generally, but I'm sorry to say I'm totally baffled as to why anyone would be porud to be irrational.
    BECAUSE it baffles you!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quoting myself:

"So, in a way, you could say "utilitarian" can also mean "non-conformist." Because sometimes, it's not even about what actually works, it's more about wanting for it to be my idea and not forced upon me by someone else. I hate being a copycat, being unoriginal, doing stuff because it's what everybody else is doing or because "that's just the way it's done." I can love other people coming up with new ideas too, but I still don't even entirely want to do it their way, I always want to put my own stamp on it, in some way create something else out of it. It's like a hunger to be my own man and follow my own ways, yes, indeed, a "rebel without a cause."

From here.
    I already said that in another way, before you, using less words, and even better. Hah!

BECAUSE it baffles you!
    Ha! That is kind of true. Funny.