Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelGadaafi View Post
    You can only speak for your own experience. People react different in enviroment's and morality takes its form in different shapes. And when Esfp's are put in a immoral social circles they will engage in it if there is any short term gain or "short term" enjoyment as you said. ESFP's will lie, gossip, and continue on a road for maximum drama and socialite conflict delight, simply because they percieve it as a part of the "game" of life or social interaction. It's natural for them to emulate other's behavior's, for good or bad.
    I think you do have a point, sheerly based upon my mom. My mom is a nice person, she cares about people, and while she was an irresponsible mess when she was younger she's become the more cooking/cleaning/caretaking mother figure as she's gotten older...she also loves dogs...I mean, my mom is soft-hearted. My mom is not a "bad" person by any stretch of the imagination.

But she loves to gossip and she loves drama and nothing delights her more than having a social opportunity to laugh at others. It's annoying as fuck, and I have a hard time living with her because of it, but my sisters and I are all used to it, and we kind of treat her like she's special ed because of it. Otherwise, we'd just get pissed off.

MBTI
    ESxP

i dont gossip just for the sake of gossiping, like "omg did u hear how she made out with another girl" "omg u think shes gay?" etc

usually when i engage in this sort of talk is when someone makes a direct attack on my character or something like that and i find it tough to respond in kind

talking isnt some sort of unholy blasphemy, most of us just treat it as a way of venting/coping and a ways of correcting whatever injustice the person getting talked about did to us

i find that ppl who get talked about usually deserve it anyway. watever they did is pretty much always worse than whatever we do. if i find that person worthy of my respect otherwise then i will confront them otherwise they just become irrelevant to my life

MBTI
    ISTP

yea it happens, i try to ignore them

talking behind someone's back is just bad, i mean, they can't even defend themselves

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

pshaw, no.

Pussies talk shit behind people's backs.

If anything, I would think that EPs, in general, have the balls to say something behind someone's back that they would say straight up, right in front of their face.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

^Pretty much

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post

talking behind someone's back is just bad, i mean, they can't even defend themselves
    I find a lot of people talk shit behind other peoples back. Not just ESxP´s. And I´m sure it´s not type related. If there would be a difference I´m sure ExFx are the worst since they care about other peoples business and put a lot of feeling to it. I´ve also found a lot of IxtTx who talk smack as well. I think bad self esteem and a lack self fulfillment is the biggest trigger for shit talking.

Glycerine

^ aka boredom. Also, people that are extreme perfectionists.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I don't talk any kind of shit about people behind their backs that I haven't said to their faces first. I hate duplicity. I try not to practice it.

The only situation I might smack-talk someone without letting them know the full extent of my feelings is when it's concerning a co-worker because in that case, I can't tell them what incompetent morons they are. I gotta see these people every day and if I told the ones I don't like what I really thought of them they'd more than likely run crying to our boss and I'm the one who would get into trouble. I need to decompress somehow, though, so that does lead to some occasional ranting to a sympathetic ear. Sometimes it's to another co-worker, but typically it's just my boyfriend.

But I don't think that's what you're talking about. You seem to be talking about people who trash-talk a person one moment and are all smiles and friendly to them the next. I'm not so sure this is an ESxP trait -- I've known an awful lot of ExFJs and who play passive-aggressive games like that too.

Throughout a large percentage of them, though, I've noticed that the bitching and trash-talking of other people is sort of like a bonding experience. By saying such horrible things about another person, it's like they're giving you the sword to bring down on them by speaking up but they're trusting you to not do it. Also, it means you have some nasty little secret or in-joke you can snicker over at the expense of the other person, often right in front of them and they'd never know.

It's a nasty, petty sort of bonding, but I've seen it in action. It's worth noting that it's almost always been between women. I've only known one guy to do it.
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.

MBTI
    STP

Any talkin behind peoples back that I do is for the purpose of getting help, getting an understanding, or using it as an example. Sometimes it may hit a sensitive topic, its not the purpose of talking behind someones back. I hold the impression that they way people talk to you they will talk to others, but you also have to judge their level of openness with you as well. Dont confuse venting with talking about someone behind their back, its aim is to release things as opposed to talk about someone maliciously.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Dont confuse venting with talking about someone behind their back, its aim is to release things as opposed to talk about someone maliciously.
    Yes, exactly. I need to vent. I can be pissed off at someone and not think very badly of them. I might want to strangle them when I'm in the moment but as long as I'm allowed to blow off some steam about it I'll get over it and it won't be an issue anymore.

It's when I'm not allowed to vent that things can get ugly. I'm not the sort of person you want bottling things up. Bad things happen when I repress. :P
    Never wrestle with a pig. You will get dirty and the pig will enjoy it.