• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] ISFP Ladies

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Oh yes, Countrygirl. I think this is why the INFP I dated turned out to be my first and only love thus far in life.:blush: I'm still young, so I'm hoping I'll eventually love again. But... I don't even know of any prospects. :cry: Every guy I know or have met is just too involved in the social networks. And like I mentioned earlier, the last time I dated an extrovert... he had absolute no concept or understanding of the fact that I NEED MY SPACE, OR I AM GOING TO PUNCH YOU!! :workout: It turned out very ugly in the end. I began lashing out at him. But with the INFP ex, we dated for four years. We both allowed each other plenty of space, while still being able to give the other the support and care and love we each needed. There was never any question or doubt of love. And we both loved being able to go on the occasional adventure here and there. However, I had the tendency to be a bit more social and impulsive than him. That's where we often would clash. :doh:
Maybe I need to find myself a nice ISTP... However, I'd worry he'd be too concrete and unimaginative. Which extroverted types also value independence or alone time? Any? I do gush over those introverted boys... :wubbie:

:yes: I hear you about ISTPs. My husband has one passion in his life which is fixing trucks and he does it for a living too! I need alittle more things to talk about than that. He is borderline S/N and F/T if those functions make a difference in a personality.

Of all the extroverts out there, I think the ENFJ are the types that need some alone time. Just as us ISFP, out of all the introverts types, need some socialization.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that according to this personality site ENFJ and ISFP are a good fit. However, I think it takes more than just MBTI to determine who is a good fit.

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Personally, as an extrovert, I enjoy down time but don't really need it to recharge. I have a lot of hobbies and interests that I do on my own, going for runs, playing guitar, reading the newspaper, reading and researching, etc. These help make me who I am and develop my personality. At the same time, I could hang out with friends all the time, or talk on the phone, and it wouldn't really bother me. As long it stays fresh and interesting. I respect that others might need the downtime to recharge and be themselves. As long as they communicate this need and be specific!

Sunny Ghost

:yes: I hear you about ISTPs. My husband has one passion in his life which is fixing trucks and he does it for a living too! I need alittle more things to talk about than that. He is borderline S/N and F/T if those functions make a difference in a personality.
I think it does make a difference if a person leans towards the middle on some. I lean between S/N as well, which might make me a little different than another ISFP, I'm sure.
Of all the extroverts out there, I think the ENFJ are the types that need some alone time. Just as us ISFP, out of all the introverts types, need some socialization.

EDIT: I just wanted to add that according to this personality site ENFJ and ISFP are a good fit. However, I think it takes more than just MBTI to determine who is a good fit.
OOooh, rrrreally? :huh: Wonder if I know of any... I did once have a female friend that was an ENFJ, and we got along swell. So, clonester pretty much has the ideal relationship... :p

Personally, as an extrovert, I enjoy down time but don't really need it to recharge. I have a lot of hobbies and interests that I do on my own, going for runs, playing guitar, reading the newspaper, reading and researching, etc. These help make me who I am and develop my personality. At the same time, I could hang out with friends all the time, or talk on the phone, and it wouldn't really bother me. As long it stays fresh and interesting. I respect that others might need the downtime to recharge and be themselves. As long as they communicate this need and be specific!
where can i find one of you? ;)

stellar renegade

PEST that STEPs on PETS
MBTI Type
ESTP
fine... I see... the ESxP chicks don't matter :thelook:

not that I'd show up anyways... I don't like Jack and am allergic to Mr Bubbles :doh:

I should probably hand in my ESTP card for that statement :sorry:

Screw them then. Let's try Jim Beam and Victoria Secret. :D

ocean

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
67sx
Living in one's head

Yes yes yes! Have I ever told you that it's like you're living in my head?

Hi AyoitsStepho. New INTP to this forum. Do you find that "you are inside my head" has a particularly important meaning for ISFPs? I had (still partially have) an ISFP girlfriend who at times said "You are inside my head" with a very satisfied and "moved" tone almost as if it had a lot of relevance for her. She did that when I guessed something about her inner world. It's like an "avatar" thing to me ("I was there where the eye cannot see"). Lol.

I just wondered about this because you used the same term. We really need to complement the type profiles with a list of terms frequently used by types and what they actually mean to them! :)

Sunny Ghost

When it comes to people who appear to be "inside my head," whether it being a shared thought/opinion/idea or someone deeply understanding and tapping into me, it always has a way of taking my breath away for a moment. I find myself flabbergasted & giddy with excitement. I'm always flattered that someone had taken an interest in trying to understand me, as most seem to find me an enigma. And with shared thoughts/opinions/ideas, I've always felt mine were different from the norm or the majority, and instantly feel a connection.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hi AyoitsStepho. New INTP to this forum. Do you find that "you are inside my head" has a particularly important meaning for ISFPs? I had (still partially have) an ISFP girlfriend who at times said "You are inside my head" with a very satisfied and "moved" tone almost as if it had a lot of relevance for her. She did that when I guessed something about her inner world. It's like an "avatar" thing to me ("I was there where the eye cannot see"). Lol.

I just wondered about this because you used the same term. We really need to complement the type profiles with a list of terms frequently used by types and what they actually mean to them! :)

I find the idea of having someone paying close enough attention that they eventually "inside my head", very much exciting and breath taking. I think this is because I don't know many people who care enough to get to know me to ever get to this point, so when someone does it's just really cool to me. :wubbie:

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hey guys! A question:

Why are ISFP's more likely in general to commit to a relationship than the other SP types?

Sunny Ghost

Hey guys! A question:

Why are ISFP's more likely in general to commit to a relationship than the other SP types?

I don't know that I can answer for all ISFP's... and honestly, I didn't realize that was the case. I think ISFP types are just as independent as their fellow ISTP's... I yearn to be completely freed and independent in most every aspect of my life, and especially from relationships. However, my past may show another story from an outsider's perspective. I'd been in back to back relationships for about four years or so. Since this past March is the longest period I've gone without being involved for too too long now! When a guy likes me, even if I persist that I'm not interested in dating, I suppose it is my introverted feeling that makes me feel like I'm hurting the guy's feelings. So, I'll cave and hang out or go on a date or whatever. Since I had fun, even if not in a romantic way, I'll continue hanging out or dating this person not intentionally meaning to get serious. Eventually, it gets to a point where I'll realize things are getting too serious, and I'll express my wanting out. I don't know if my sensitivity has been used or what, but then the guy's hurt will dupe me into staying a little longer. I'll continue staying up to the point of wanting to punch, kick and scream because my independence and my personal space has been invaded. Then I just lash out and things end ugly. This has happened three different times for me. :doh: I've only had one relationship that I wanted to stay involved in. I fell in love with this one guy... and even though I yearned occasionally to be freed and to be independent... I stayed because I felt as though he were my soul mate. I felt as though I'd never be able to find another that could compare to what me and him had. :wubbie: In the end, it didn't work out... But anyways, I think ISFP's fall in love in the same manner as INFP's. Where it's a "til death do us part" type of commitment, once we've found the right one for us. We're incredibly loyal. So even if we yearn to be free, our loyalty keeps us grounded.

KDude

I agree with some of that. I've gone much longer than that without relationships though. It's not entirely my choice, but it is somewhat.

I'd say more but this whole thread doesn't even apply to males, so...

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I agree with some of that. I've gone much longer than that without relationships though. It's not entirely my choice, but it is somewhat.

I'd say more but this whole thread doesn't even apply to males, so...

I'd be curious to know anyway

I'll continue staying up to the point of wanting to punch, kick and scream because my independence and my personal space has been invaded. Then I just lash out and things end ugly.

Still curious about the independence and personal space thing. I guess it ties into my original question in this thread from a few months ago, but I would love a fresh perspective and angle on it.

KDude

I'd be curious to know anyway.

I honestly don't know what to say, man. Plus, a lot of things are really from a male isfp perspective and wouldn't help. Seems like a totally different dynamic. If you care about this girl, that's the best thing you can do. That's all I've ever wanted from someone (without the insanity).

Sunny Ghost

I'd be curious to know anyway

Still curious about the independence and personal space thing. I guess it ties into my original question in this thread from a few months ago, but I would love a fresh perspective and angle on it.

could you refresh me of the original question you're referring to?

Sunny Ghost

I honestly don't know what to say, man. Plus, a lot of things are really from a male isfp perspective and wouldn't help. Seems like a totally different dynamic. If you care about this girl, that's the best thing you can do. That's all I've ever wanted from someone (without the insanity).

i'd like to hear as well. can't say i know too many male isfp's. :D

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
One thing that I find very different from me is the ISFP girl I've been dating very much has a need to pull back once in a while and she needs her space. Sometimes we're so close and she's so warm and caring and then the next time she might be a bit withdrawn and need some space. I know the ISFP need for freedom is mentioned in MBTI descriptions, but can an ISFP explain why to me? I'm not sure I fully understand this part of her yet.

This. It was from April. Although the withdrawn part was for a different reason, but she still needs some space from time to time. And she's definitely independent.

Sunny Ghost

I often feel when I'm too involved with other people, or just constantly bombarded by others, that I tend to lose a sense of self. Perhaps it's an ISFP quality to get lost in others. But we're also capable of recognizing this, and so withdraw. Also, we require time to reflect, ponder, create... all of which we're incapable of doing when we're surrounded by people. There's also the impulsiveness and spontaneity and need for adventure. So many time's I've thought about how wonderful it would be to travel the world alone. There's something empowering about doing something that independent. It makes, at least me, happy to be on my own and to do something that fiercely independent. I suppose it's due to our desire for the pure and ideal? I don't know, really.

KDude

i'd like to hear as well. can't say i know too many male isfp's. :D

First off, i don't have the pull and allure of a hot isfp woman. this could skew matters. :cool: when i do, they react differently. women give me less chances if i get pensive. some the strangest reactions too.. even not wanting to meet up somewhere could spark paranoia, like they think i have someone else on the side. or if i'm not all that initiating and aggressive, i remember one girl just flipping out and saying she wasn't going to "beg", and how i should do this and that..like she felt entitled or something. i was just trying to get to know her.

i'm not even sure it has anything to do with type..i just think i have a history of getting involved with insecure women. the worst case was a girl i really liked who flipped on mere word of mouth (word of mouth from a supposed friend of all people), and instead of talking to me, she started sleeping with other guys to get back. when i didn't do anything in the first place. apparently, she got afraid that everything i was was actually an "act". i can talk about it now, but at the time it messed me up. my point is though, some women think all guys are players or something, while i feel as about as sensitive as it gets. yet guys like me don't exist, right? :D that's what i think i have to go through.