User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Thread: ISFP Ladies

MBTI
    ENFP

Hey guys! A question:

Why are ISFP's more likely in general to commit to a relationship than the other SP types?
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post
    Hey guys! A question:

Why are ISFP's more likely in general to commit to a relationship than the other SP types?
    I don't know that I can answer for all ISFP's... and honestly, I didn't realize that was the case. I think ISFP types are just as independent as their fellow ISTP's... I yearn to be completely freed and independent in most every aspect of my life, and especially from relationships. However, my past may show another story from an outsider's perspective. I'd been in back to back relationships for about four years or so. Since this past March is the longest period I've gone without being involved for too too long now! When a guy likes me, even if I persist that I'm not interested in dating, I suppose it is my introverted feeling that makes me feel like I'm hurting the guy's feelings. So, I'll cave and hang out or go on a date or whatever. Since I had fun, even if not in a romantic way, I'll continue hanging out or dating this person not intentionally meaning to get serious. Eventually, it gets to a point where I'll realize things are getting too serious, and I'll express my wanting out. I don't know if my sensitivity has been used or what, but then the guy's hurt will dupe me into staying a little longer. I'll continue staying up to the point of wanting to punch, kick and scream because my independence and my personal space has been invaded. Then I just lash out and things end ugly. This has happened three different times for me. I've only had one relationship that I wanted to stay involved in. I fell in love with this one guy... and even though I yearned occasionally to be freed and to be independent... I stayed because I felt as though he were my soul mate. I felt as though I'd never be able to find another that could compare to what me and him had. In the end, it didn't work out... But anyways, I think ISFP's fall in love in the same manner as INFP's. Where it's a "til death do us part" type of commitment, once we've found the right one for us. We're incredibly loyal. So even if we yearn to be free, our loyalty keeps us grounded.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

I agree with some of that. I've gone much longer than that without relationships though. It's not entirely my choice, but it is somewhat.

I'd say more but this whole thread doesn't even apply to males, so...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I agree with some of that. I've gone much longer than that without relationships though. It's not entirely my choice, but it is somewhat.

I'd say more but this whole thread doesn't even apply to males, so...
    I'd be curious to know anyway

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I'll continue staying up to the point of wanting to punch, kick and scream because my independence and my personal space has been invaded. Then I just lash out and things end ugly.
    Still curious about the independence and personal space thing. I guess it ties into my original question in this thread from a few months ago, but I would love a fresh perspective and angle on it.
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

I'd be curious to know anyway.
    I honestly don't know what to say, man. Plus, a lot of things are really from a male isfp perspective and wouldn't help. Seems like a totally different dynamic. If you care about this girl, that's the best thing you can do. That's all I've ever wanted from someone (without the insanity).

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I'd be curious to know anyway

Still curious about the independence and personal space thing. I guess it ties into my original question in this thread from a few months ago, but I would love a fresh perspective and angle on it.
    could you refresh me of the original question you're referring to?
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I honestly don't know what to say, man. Plus, a lot of things are really from a male isfp perspective and wouldn't help. Seems like a totally different dynamic. If you care about this girl, that's the best thing you can do. That's all I've ever wanted from someone (without the insanity).
    i'd like to hear as well. can't say i know too many male isfp's.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP

One thing that I find very different from me is the ISFP girl I've been dating very much has a need to pull back once in a while and she needs her space. Sometimes we're so close and she's so warm and caring and then the next time she might be a bit withdrawn and need some space. I know the ISFP need for freedom is mentioned in MBTI descriptions, but can an ISFP explain why to me? I'm not sure I fully understand this part of her yet.
    This. It was from April. Although the withdrawn part was for a different reason, but she still needs some space from time to time. And she's definitely independent.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I often feel when I'm too involved with other people, or just constantly bombarded by others, that I tend to lose a sense of self. Perhaps it's an ISFP quality to get lost in others. But we're also capable of recognizing this, and so withdraw. Also, we require time to reflect, ponder, create... all of which we're incapable of doing when we're surrounded by people. There's also the impulsiveness and spontaneity and need for adventure. So many time's I've thought about how wonderful it would be to travel the world alone. There's something empowering about doing something that independent. It makes, at least me, happy to be on my own and to do something that fiercely independent. I suppose it's due to our desire for the pure and ideal? I don't know, really.
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i'd like to hear as well. can't say i know too many male isfp's.
    First off, i don't have the pull and allure of a hot isfp woman. this could skew matters. when i do, they react differently. women give me less chances if i get pensive. some the strangest reactions too.. even not wanting to meet up somewhere could spark paranoia, like they think i have someone else on the side. or if i'm not all that initiating and aggressive, i remember one girl just flipping out and saying she wasn't going to "beg", and how i should do this and that..like she felt entitled or something. i was just trying to get to know her.

i'm not even sure it has anything to do with type..i just think i have a history of getting involved with insecure women. the worst case was a girl i really liked who flipped on mere word of mouth (word of mouth from a supposed friend of all people), and instead of talking to me, she started sleeping with other guys to get back. when i didn't do anything in the first place. apparently, she got afraid that everything i was was actually an "act". i can talk about it now, but at the time it messed me up. my point is though, some women think all guys are players or something, while i feel as about as sensitive as it gets. yet guys like me don't exist, right? that's what i think i have to go through.