First 12345 Last

Thread: ISFP Ladies

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    It is a deep need to just disappear in one's inner world. The freedom is about not being responsible for anything or anyone. If this is not met, for me, I can get very snarly and begin to push people away even my children. My husband usually recognizes this and takes the kids for the day so I can have my space. One of the reasons why I love my husband deeply.

The more you can give this to her when she needs it and not take it personally, the more she will come back to you with loving arms.
    Yes yes yes! Have I ever told you that it's like you're living in my head?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    ....With introversion you have a person who finds interaction draining after while, hence the need to withdraw. Then you have the SP's desire for freedom and independence in enjoying the moment.... SFP types in particular love to experience their current emotions and have the freedom to express/act on them....As my own ISFP says: "I need me time. To feel like myself again."
    That's quite accurate. The 'me time' or 'alone time' is very important for balance.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    So how long does it take an ISFP female to recognize her ways and be able to express that to her SO? If she's hot and cold, I think she should tell this to her dude.
    I never knew that it came across hot and cold until now. And I've been married for 7 years.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Yes yes yes! Have I ever told you that it's like you're living in my head?

Have I ever told you that I wanted to learn to belly dance?

MBTI
    ENFP

My ISFP girlfriend is like this. There are days when she's all lovey-dovey and affectionate, and then the next few days I'll get nothing.... Hence, the partner is given this impression of a "hot and cold" lover; the ISFP will be focused on you one moment, then something else the next. Just try not to take it personally, or better yet, find something to distract yourself. When my girlfriend is having her "cold" days, I take the time to do my own thing.
    That's exactly what I find. I'm trying my best not to take it personally, I just over think things sometimes (err, well, all the time...). Now that I'm getting to know and understand her better, I'll just take things as they come. It's funny after a day or two of the "cold" she's back to her caring self, calling me up and wanting to hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    It is a deep need to just disappear in one's inner world. The freedom is about not being responsible for anything or anyone. If this is not met, for me, I can get very snarly and begin to push people away even my children. My husband usually recognizes this and takes the kids for the day so I can have my space. One of the reasons why I love my husband deeply.

The more you can give this to her when she needs it and not take it personally, the more she will come back to you with loving arms.
    Good to know. This is very different from myself, so it's great to see it from an ISFP point of view.

Well, for myself, I NEED my personal space. I make sure to inform the guys that I've dated, that I need a moment to go away without a phone call or something interrupting me. If I don't get this, then I will not like you after awhile. It's happened on a couple of occasions where this wish had no value to the guys I was with and I ended up being revolted by them and having to break everything off. Once my feelings for someone is gone, it never comes back. So it's very important I get my space. I make darn sure to let the guys in my life know this.

I can be the most lovable, most cuddly, but if I don't get my space everyone once in a while, I become cold.
    Hmm... note to self... give her space...

Thanks a million guys for this! This hot/cold thing made me think before that things weren't going so well when I had a hundred reasons to know they were. But lately I've realized there's something more to it, that it's part of who she is. And this confirms it. So I'll just accept it as long as it's not a big issue, and communicate when necessary.

For the record, I'm officially part of the ISFP fanclub. I ISFP's. Especially one in particular...
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Well I ENFPs.
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

However, if it really bothers you, you can always say something. If she really likes you, she will happily come to a compromise. You should allow her some space, but the relationship shouldn't be based entirely on her "need to live in the moment". Not if you're both serious about eachother.
    I would like to add that of course we ISFP would like to compromise but when there is nothing left to give because there was not enough alone time, then usually there will be some sort of emotional shutting down.

MBTI
    ENFP

Well I ENFPs.

Speaking of which, how do ENFP's come across to ISFP's? The good and the bad, of course.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Clonester View Post

Speaking of which, how do ENFP's come across to ISFP's? The good and the bad, of course.
    Well, I dated an ENFP guy for 2 months. I fell for his charm, but so did every girl that came across his path. He was so wooed by the other girls' attention that he'd neglect me and go out with other girls. This is the only guy that never gave me the attention I needed, and it upset me deeply. I'd have to say that he was the only one that had my heart, but he just didn't know what to do with it.

I loved his charm. He was always the center of attention and always had the girls wooing over him with his good looks and his sense of humor. He was intense about everything he did, and came across as a very deep individual. Unfortunately, his depth was just an illusion.

Him and his best friend were both ENFPs. His friend had ADHD and I wanted to hate him so much because he just wouldn't stop moving or talking or ANYTHING! He was so immature, but still had girls wooing over him too, lol.

So over all, I love ENFPs. But there's a place and time for me, with the intensity they give off. I'm just horrible because I can't keep up with them.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

ISFPs: