• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] SO characteristic of ISTPs

Nameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thought I would share this because it is hilariously illustrative of ISTPs.

Went to a concert for my most favorite band ever and came back wired, hyperactive out of my mind, jumping all around the apartment, and was trying to explain what it was like to my ISTP friend:

Me: "it was like...when you go to see that band!!!
Her: "Nope..."

Me, thinking I just got the band wrong and trying to name another of her favorites: "ok ok ok it was like when you go see THAT band!!!"

Her: "Nope..."
[pause]

Her: "It was like if someone put a HUGE pile of cheeseburgers in front of me!!!"

=)

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi nameless, meet speechless. :)

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Oh my god that is perfect! I never can get how having a 'favorite' anything is so difficult for someone who nearly pees his pants every time we pull into a Burger King.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Pardon my ignorance but I don't get it? ISTPs are obsessed with food?

sculpting

God damned peice of shit interweb.

yes I get what the OP is saying through Ne psychic connectivities. My whole comment just got effin eaten by the interweb.

anyways yes-the istp never understood or appreciated why hanging three colors of christmas lights from the tree in august or making your own decorated lawn figures was so awesome. "Dude, this is SO awesome! Isnt it beautiful????" Nope.

I also never understood the things he liked. Like taco bell. See?

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pardon my ignorance but I don't get it? ISTPs are obsessed with food?

We often enjoy the simple pleasures in life :yes: Preferably when someone makes it for us though.

...Although I've always wondered. Almost every ISTP I've met loves food and eats a ton. But even the non-sporty ones aren't usually over-weight. What the heck is that all about? :shock:

seamaid

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
We often enjoy the simple pleasures in life :yes: Preferably when someone makes it for us though.

...Although I've always wondered. Almost every ISTP I've met loves food and eats a ton. But even the non-sporty ones aren't usually over-weight. What the heck is that all about? :shock:

OMG! This is exactly what I ask my ISTP during every meal.

Me: How the heck do you keep such a washboard ab when you seem to live for three course meals and I never see you exercise?

ISTP: I exercise at work. (Lifts keyboard toward and away from his chest with a straining look on his face)

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I'm also the skinny/eat whatever variety of ISTP but I think pretty hard, I'd say my brain moves a lot of calories. Also it takes a lot of effort to listen to people, I think I get a pretty good auditory workout each day.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...but I think pretty hard, I'd say my brain moves a lot of calories. Also it takes a lot of effort to listen to people, I think I get a pretty good auditory workout each day.

+1 :rofl1: