So here are a few tips off the top of my head that I think (read: "hope") most ISTPs might agree with:
- We really don't mean to say hurtful things. When we're using Ti, we may say something we think is simply objective, but comes out the wrong way. Sometimes we forget to translate our thoughts to something a little more diplomatic.
- We're most likely to stick around if you don't try to control us. Just say "no" to putting leashes on ISTPs.
- Spending time with you or doing things for you is a tell-tale sign you're important to us. Seriously.
- Wanna do something special or to cheer us up? My advice is food or something new and exciting. A cheap trip somewhere (even nearby) would be pretty sweet. From what I can tell, almost all of us enjoys traveling.
- Be straightforward with us. If something is bothering you, just tell us. Just don't nag. And let it slide the first or second time if it's not a big deal. This way, if it happens again, you'll be able to give us examples of what we're doing so we can fix it. Calm tone of voice helps too.
- Cut loose with us! If we seem a little bored or are working too much, we need to cut loose every once in a while. If you're the person that reminds us of this, we'll love you for it.
I'll think of more later, but I really just wanted to get people started