• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTP] ISTP Relationship User Guide

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm starting to think that the ISTP men of the board should just start a Users Guide to the ISTP Male thread for everyone who wants to question the evils and irresponsibility of ISTP males :dry:

I'm starting this one up, with false hopes it will answer at least some of the questions all the ISTP threads are asking (even though I'm female :) ).

So here are a few tips off the top of my head that I think (read: "hope") most ISTPs might agree with:

- We really don't mean to say hurtful things. When we're using Ti, we may say something we think is simply objective, but comes out the wrong way. Sometimes we forget to translate our thoughts to something a little more diplomatic.

- We're most likely to stick around if you don't try to control us. Just say "no" to putting leashes on ISTPs.

- Spending time with you or doing things for you is a tell-tale sign you're important to us. Seriously.

- Wanna do something special or to cheer us up? My advice is food or something new and exciting. A cheap trip somewhere (even nearby) would be pretty sweet. From what I can tell, almost all of us enjoys traveling.

- Be straightforward with us. If something is bothering you, just tell us. Just don't nag. And let it slide the first or second time if it's not a big deal. This way, if it happens again, you'll be able to give us examples of what we're doing so we can fix it. Calm tone of voice helps too.

- Cut loose with us! If we seem a little bored or are working too much, we need to cut loose every once in a while. If you're the person that reminds us of this, we'll love you for it.

I'll think of more later, but I really just wanted to get people started :tongue:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and now we shall have a thread to link all of the ISTP questions back to in order to make the threads much shorter! :holy:

*offers StephMC a bacon sandwich*

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and now we shall have a thread to link all of the ISTP questions back to in order to make the threads much shorter! :holy:

*offers StephMC a bacon sandwich*

:happy2: ::CHOMP::

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Be straightforward with us. If something is bothering you, just tell us. Just don't nag. And let it slide the first or second time if it's not a big deal. This way, if it happens again, you'll be able to give us examples of what we're doing so we can fix it. Calm tone of voice helps too.

+1

We can't read minds =(

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
- We're most likely to stick around if you don't try to control us. Just say "no" to putting leashes on ISTPs.

Very true. I never understood women who brag about being able to control their men. If I even get the notion that somebody is pulling this on me I'll show them how little control they have.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^Think that that is more of a running joke ;)

It's also very much an incredible feeling to have someone who's that independent and shows that little emotion share a deep emotional bond with you that others rarely even get a glimpse of.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
-we try to be straightforward with you, and if you overanalyze things you will probably annoy us as well as being wrong about whatever you're implying

-it doesn't mean we don't care just because we don't do [insert "expected" action here]

-we aren't (all) dicks, so being istp is no excuse for being cruel, etc (though in some cases over-sensitivity may be an issue)

toast

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3

I might add to this that controlling & needy can be the same 'leash' in most cases. I think this is maybe a huge relationship killer with ISTPs. If you have needs, be honest & don't hide them but don't demand or expect that they be met, and try to find other ways to meet them. (At least follow this formula to the best of your ability.:workout:) Make an ISTPs 'support' more of a welcome surprise than a necessity.

Maybe one day I'll get this down. ^

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
an INFP called me a dick today, I feel saddened by this.

ok, now INFP's...Fess up! Which one of you is it that made jixmixfix feel sad?

:2ar15:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I thought this would be a visual guide of ISTP erogenous zones, with some good instructions for use.

I am disappoint.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ those are more frequently known as "dinner table", "power tools" and "mountain range" jock :tongue:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ those are more frequently known as "dinner table", "power tools" and "mountain range" jock :tongue:

Kitchen counter works better then dinner tabel(its more sturdy), power tools(I have no qualms about using anything powered, prefer batteries as plugin type is to restricting), and from certain points of views yes mountain ranges are pretty accurate description.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm so glad Steph decided to create a thread about this. Now I won't feel the need to neuter you bad boys. :devil:

A

A window to the soul

ok, now INFP's...Fess up! Which one of you is it that made jixmixfix feel sad?

:2ar15:

anyonex.gif
whistlingd.gif

Kitchen counter works better then dinner tabel(its more sturdy),...

mm, I agree! <3

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I should also add that this should be stickied. :yes:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking