• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] The ISFP Thread

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Out of curiosity, what do you ISFP's do for a living or hope to do career wise? If in school, what are you studying?

I bounced around from job to job because eventually they would become boring. Nothing seemed to catch my passions and I didn't even know what my passions were because alot of things seems so interesting.

I did the MBTI test in relations to temperament to see what job would be a fit (unoffically tested as ISFJ) but those jobs would only be interesting because they were new - a new adventure in learning - for about 2 years or less.

I don't think I could even do university unless I was passionate about something so that left me with minimum wage/entry level jobs. Evenutally I ended up meeting my ISTP husband, moving out of the city. Becoming pregnant (3 kids) and the stay at home mom has been great. I would never have realized, when I was younger, that I would enjoy staying at home and raising our kids, so far....:)

B

brainheart

I never would have I realized when I was younger that I enjoy staying at home and raising our kids, so far....:)

Yeah, me as well. But now I feel like I'm spoiled. The whole concept of having to work just kills me. All I ever wanted as a kid was to be independently wealthy so I never had to think about it. I'd have my awesome tree house, my boat to sail around the world, and in the midst of my adventures I would save animals/natural habitats in need, play my guitar, maybe paint. That's still all I want, really.

KDude

sounds nice :)

i don't have kids...im more appreciative though of what it may be like after friends starting having families and stuff. but i kind of vowed long ago to be pretty old before i had kids (before 40 though!)

Sunny Ghost

independently wealthy, traveling and saving the world. sounds like dreams i have. haha.

and i'm definitely the same on only holding my interests for so long, then i jump to something new.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah, me as well. But now I feel like I'm spoiled. The whole concept of having to work just kills me. All I ever wanted as a kid was to be independently wealthy so I never had to think about it. I'd have my awesome tree house, my boat to sail around the world, and in the midst of my adventures I would save animals/natural habitats in need, play my guitar, maybe paint. That's still all I want, really.

LOL. I can relate. I truely don't know how some women do their full time job, keep house and be a mother. Especially when children are under 5 years old. I am very grateful that my husband can afford to keep me home.

More power to women who do manage it! :rock:

B

brainheart

More power to women who do manage it! :rock:

Yeah, but if I were to try I fear I would look like Woody Allen on crack... or I would get all St John the Baptist and just walk off into the woods and subsist on locusts and honey. I have no idea how people maintain their sanity in such situations. I have an ENFJ friend who went back to work full-time when her son was three weeks old. She lays out her clothes for the week in advance and gets up every morning at four to work out. And she seems totally sane and happy. I can't even manage to put the laundry away... don't get it...

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Yeah, but if I were to try I fear I would look like Woody Allen on crack... or I would get all St John the Baptist and just walk off into the woods and subsist on locusts and honey. I have no idea how people maintain their sanity in such situations. I have an ENFJ friend who went back to work full-time when her son was three weeks old. She lays out her clothes for the week in advance and gets up every morning at four to work out. And she seems totally sane and happy. I can't even manage to put the laundry away... don't get it...

You probably could cope after an adjustment but would you be happy?

Now that I have a taste of the SAHM lifestyle, I enjoy setting my own pace, goals for the day including goofing off and I definiately enjoy being the boss. :laugh:

ENFJ...are they not the ambitious type?

Sunny Ghost

omg, that sounds horrible! seriously, more power to those who can do it though. my sister is an ESFJ and she seems to have time management skills and is perfectly happy as well. full time school, work, now married and keeping the house cleaned, volunteer projects and does the regular bar thing or cookouts and makes time for the gym and lying around the house to watch tv. i'm always just flabbergasted when i hear everything she's been up to.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
omg, that sounds horrible! seriously, more power to those who can do it though. my sister is an ESFJ and she seems to have time management skills and is perfectly happy as well. full time school, work, now married and keeping the house cleaned, volunteer projects and does the regular bar thing or cookouts and makes time for the gym and lying around the house to watch tv. i'm always just flabbergasted when i hear everything she's been up to.

Does she have kids? :thelook:

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:wubbie:Aw, when I think of ISFPs:hug:, I think of cute furry forest critters frolicking in the sun. :blushing: :wubbie: :heart: :run:

GIVE ALL ISFPs A GREAT BIG HUG!

KDude

Technically, this would be frollicking at it's best. :D (she's listed as ESFP on some sites, but she said she was shy herself.. so..umm..anyways)

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFlbG8hsUag&feature=related]/[/youtube]

edit: If she is ESFP, that's cool as well, cuz people need to re-consider their frollicking potential too.

wolfy

awsm
That is all good but how about these froLicks...

[YOUTUBE="icIygHdSGFc"]froLicks[/YOUTUBE]

KDude

People talk about "gut feeling" and Fi a lot, but often, I can explain my convictions (if I feel like it :laugh:). Where I do get my unexplainable gut feelings is in design. Is anyone else the same? I don't read music, but if I pick an instrument or something, I'll start feeling my way out there (there's the element of practice that goes with that, but I dunno.. I still often hit sour notes a lot, and redo a riff by feeling out something that's more aesthetically "right"). I also do it in a little comments, like with style or rearranging a shelf (I don't often rearrange shelves, but..). I don't even consider myself that "style conscious", but even female friends like asking me stuff like this. Like they'll sit down and want me look at a hair style magazine, and not even ask the boyfriend (he'll just make a funny joke or something). I'll pick something that I think blends with some other thing they're doing. Also, even though I like cars, I gravitate towards chassis design more. Although I like sports, I've noticed I've said things other guys don't, like.. "Man, that uniform is ugly.." No one else seems to give a shit.

wolfy

awsm
I can understand that, I actually commented on uniforms yesterday. "I like Argentina's uniform best". Like you and the guitar I tend to play it by ear with training. I have a solid grasp of what is right and wrong and what needs to be done and adapt that to how I am feeling. Instinctual. I think it is important to go through a period of intense study and then leave that behind. That is what has worked for me. Then you have the principles of the activity and your own self, adapting and expressing yourself through them. I don't like to think about what I am doing while I do it, it kills it. I want to feel me and my body.