• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] The ISFP Thread

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Yes, that is me. I frequently succeed with improvisation but, when I fail, it's all melodrama. Tears and visualization of impending doom...:shock:

From that book..thought it was right on.

P types are a bit like surfers. They make decisions by recognizing the right wave and going with it, relying on their natural skills and past experience to handle problems as they arise. Like a surfer shifting to maintain balance, P types count on their ability to improvise, and their reflexes are often keen.

If improvisation doesn't work, however, the experience is simply ruined. Once you've fallen off the board, there's nothing to be done.The moment is gone. P types in this situation are simply crushed and disappointed and feel exposed as inadequate. Indeed, when P types find themselves contending with the circumstances in which they have neither the skill or experience to count on, they die a thousand deaths, anticipating all manner of awful things that could go wrong. J types aren't like this.

KDude

^The chapter on extroversion is interesting too. She associates introverts as being more in touch with their needs and goals, and not at the mercy of their surroundings as much. The chapter has cut off now, so I'll just get to it in the hard copy.. but by that measure, I'm more extraverted.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
notes on previous things said... as an evil, interloping ESTP :devil:

Fs can seem rather T like at times, a lot depends on function development and environment... just the same as Ts can seem rather F-ish at times (like my tendancy to move earth worms off the sidewalk after the rain, take spiders outside and refusal to watch the episode of Futurama with the dog ever again :blush:)... a lot of that has to do with individuals in a way... and part of that could be gender as well- Guys are EXPECTED to have a T-ish mannerism and girls are expected to be squishy and nice :yes:

Also the introversion/extroversion thing is interesting- by normal definitions, I'm an introvert... I almost NEVER actively socialize or attend parties or anything of the sort, but I process things from the outside in, as opposed to the inside out... I don't process things from whatever's within me primarily... I look to the outside for direction in making judgements and such in a way :unsure:

On simple tests I score as a moderate introvert... on functions tests or more in depth tests I score as a severe extrovert :doh:

KDude

I don't look towards the outside for judgements (I think that's because of your relatively low Fe right?). I'm looking for guidance, some validation, enjoyment, even inspiration...Hmm... and a nice ass true love. I need to bring all of these home and process them :D

Sort of kidding.. I just find it difficult sometimes to be sure of what I want on my own. And when I do, I compare myself to others. I had a friend years back who used to try to correct me on that. I didn't know what he was so irritated about..but he was definitely an introvert. Maybe that was it.

Anyways, I need to get that book asap. That, or just run into the woods, no people, no entertainment.. just see how well I can do with only my thoughts. :cool:

JTG1984

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Any other ISFP females on this forum other than stepho?

B

brainheart

^The chapter on extroversion is interesting too. She associates introverts as being more in touch with their needs and goals, and not at the mercy of their surroundings as much. The chapter has cut off now, so I'll just get to it in the hard copy.. but by that measure, I'm more extraverted.

Yeah, I don't know about that. I think you should just read the Fi section and see whether you totally, absurdly relate to it or not. (Or possibly the Ti section... or the Se section...) Then you'll know-

cause I relate to a good chunk of the extrovert stuff- I have a tendency to lose myself and forget my needs and goals to an extent, but I would peg that more to being a nine or adhd, not introvert vs extrovert. And Fi is where I for sure do stay true to myself- for example, I have always considered the mistreatment of other living beings as wrong, and I will never sway from that, ever.

Also the section on introverted perceivers in the Thomson book very much resonates for me. It is obvious that I fit into that category... so introvert I be.

Sunny Ghost

Thank you. :)

I wonder why it is so difficult to find our type online. I mean... I'm a pretty stereotypical ISFp, if I may say so myself... however, sometimes I feel a bit more balanced between S and N, as well as F and T, than a normal ISFP. However, it is definitely my dominant function to be an introverted feeler and extroverted sensor. But I do enjoy listening to and learning philosophy... however I would rarely go on to share or openly discuss these things with others. Rather, I think about them internally and contemplate the ideas on my own. And with age, I've become much less a pushover... and in fact, I can be quite assertive and confrontational when I feel it is necessary.

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Thank you. :)

I wonder why it is so difficult to find our type online. I mean... I'm a pretty stereotypical ISFp, if I may say so myself... however, sometimes I feel a bit more balanced between S and N, as well as F and T, than a normal ISFP. However, it is definitely my dominant function to be an introverted feeler and extroverted sensor. But I do enjoy listening to and learning philosophy... however I would rarely go on to share or openly discuss these things with others. Rather, I think about them internally and contemplate the ideas on my own. And with age, I've become much less a pushover... and in fact, I can be quite assertive and confrontational when I feel it is necessary.

:)

I have no idea why our type is not online. Perhaps our type don't really share or openly discuss our internal world(s) whatever they may be.

Have you done your enneagram? And don't forget to go to the Introduction Section and introduce yourself.

Sunny Ghost

I have a long time ago... 4, 5, or something like that. Introduction section? I'll look into it.

Typically, I'm not very comfortable sharing... but I find the internet to be a great place to disclose things I don't feel comfortable sharing in normal social settings. However, I can still be just as hurt even from online forum jabs or insults, as I can be in person. Also, because I am typing at my own pace and proof read, I feel as though I can make clearer and more concise statements then I could were I one and one with another person.

With the mbti, I've also established comfort in knowing that I'm not weird! I'm just an ISFp. Which is why I love researching and learning about it.

KDude

I hear you on not discussing philosophy a lot. Personally, I think it's best to just mull over what works, and try to live up to it (not always..key word is try).

That, and I'm not good at "sounding" like a smart person..so I generally keep it minimal :laugh:

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I have a long time ago... 4, 5, or something like that. Introduction section? I'll look into it.

Typically, I'm not very comfortable sharing... but I find the internet to be a great place to disclose things I don't feel comfortable sharing in normal social settings. However, I can still be just as hurt even from online forum jabs or insults, as I can be in person. Also, because I am typing at my own pace and proof read, I feel as though I can make clearer and more concise statements then I could were I one and one with another person.

With the mbti, I've also established comfort in knowing that I'm not weird! I'm just an ISFp. Which is why I love researching and learning about it.

Probably a five like me since I don't feel very comfortable sharing either nor do I like to be vulunable, even online. :( I'm working on the vulunablity since it's more a reflection of being sensitive to other people comments.

Yes being an ISFP is very different. When I first got here on this forum, I thought I was an ISFJ, but a very individual one. :laugh: Then I realized that I grew up with very overbearing SJ parents!

Last edited:
B

brainheart

Whaaa? There's tons of ISFPs online.

Yeah, I mean considering we're like 5% of the total population, I'd say we have a fairly strong presence, especially in what's considered by some to be an "intuitive" medium.

I will say, however, that if I'm on this site for longer than twenty minutes, I feel very unhealthy. Sitting in front of computer=:devil:. Participating in the real physical world=:nice: