• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] The ISFP Thread

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Most of the type profiles I've read for ISFPs say they don't like to talk too much and that they're generally not good with words. It seems that they must find different outlets to express how they feel, such as art, cooking, and other things like that.

gromit

likes this
What is the dominant function? How do ISFPs employ 'S' - Si or Se? What are some examples/ways they employ the Si or Se in a day-to-day manner?

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Walking Tourist's evil twin speaks: "Hey! Use more respect when you speak about me! I am more than just some ugly little ENTJ shadow! I will rule the world! *wicked cackle*

That's the ugly little ENTJ shadow conspiring for world domination.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Oh, yes. When I am nervous, I am a terrible motormouth. Also I can't stay on topic. I'll just babble about anything and will interrupt myself if I see something that looks more interesting. Also, I'm not good at sitting still. I'll get up suddenly and start straightening pictures on the wall, even in the middle of a conversation. I can't stand seeing tilted pictures. If something just pops in my mind, I'll start talking about it. I'm amazed that people can follow all of this chatter. Sometimes I wonder: what the heck was I talking about before I went off on that tangent? I forgot...

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
The dominant function for an isfp is Fi. The auxiliary function is Se. I am very fascinated and observant of my environment at the moment. It is an extraverted function. But it's always combined with my dominant function, Fi. So this morning, for example, I went outside to get my father's newspaper from the box. It had been raining and the worms were crawling on the driveway. I see them there and I see that the sky is beginning to clear. I smell springtime. It's a new, fresh smell. I hear the birds singing. And I think, those poor worms will dry up and die. I pick them up and throw them in the grass so that they can crawl back in the dirt and live a little longer.

What is the dominant function? How do ISFPs employ 'S' - Si or Se? What are some examples/ways they employ the Si or Se in a day-to-day manner?

StrappingYoungLad

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Oh, yes. When I am nervous, I am a terrible motormouth. Also I can't stay on topic. I'll just babble about anything and will interrupt myself if I see something that looks more interesting..

I do that only when I'm excited.

When I'm nervous I shutdown myself from everything and everybody.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
I only shut down when I'm sad or when I'm overstimulated by too much noise. When I'm excited or nervous, I babble. It's funny when I do it in Spanish. There's nothing like babbling in a foreign language...

gromit

likes this
The dominant function for an isfp is Fi. The auxiliary function is Se. I am very fascinated and observant of my environment at the moment. It is an extraverted function. But it's always combined with my dominant function, Fi. So this morning, for example, I went outside to get my father's newspaper from the box. It had been raining and the worms were crawling on the driveway. I see them there and I see that the sky is beginning to clear. I smell springtime. It's a new, fresh smell. I hear the birds singing. And I think, those poor worms will dry up and die. I pick them up and throw them in the grass so that they can crawl back in the dirt and live a little longer.

:wubbie: I have definitely rescued worms after a rainstorm, too! I just feel so bad for them. I guess then this (and other things too) makes me wonder... am I an ENFP very in touch with Se, or am I something else with an actual S in the name? I would say that a significant portion of the time I am absorbing the environment, kind of like osmosis or something, savoring different aesthetic experiences, touches, smells, sounds, etc. I also like sports a LOT and things like gardening or painting the house or building furniture with my dad...

But then I am a lot of the time looking at theories and making connections between all these different ideas... I really do like ideas.

And I looove people and just cherishing each person exactly as they are, hearing their stories and trying to understand where they're coming from.

Ok ok ok... enough about me, gromit. For now, let's just focus on one thing: I want to understand what makes S different from N. Do we all use the different functions anyway, just PREFER some over the others? Is that part of maturation, learning to at least use lots of ways of processing and deciding and acting?

Here's what I posted in the Fictional S Characters thread:
So when a character or person exhibits sensing in one of these movies (or in real life), it's almost like an intuition, but based on a deep experiential knowledge of a system?

What do you guys think of that observation?

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
We are very much alike, Gromit.
I too am fascinated by people. I love them. They all have great stories to tell. I feel energized when I can get people to tell me their stories.
I like ideas but I probably am a little less focused on theory. I understand theory but it's not really my favorite thing.
Yes, I think that you probably are an ENFP who is using your Se to great effect.

:wubbie: I have definitely rescued worms after a rainstorm, too! I just feel so bad for them. I guess then this (and other things too) makes me wonder... am I an ENFP very in touch with Se, or am I something else with an actual S in the name? I would say that a significant portion of the time I am absorbing the environment, kind of like osmosis or something, savoring different aesthetic experiences, touches, smells, sounds, etc. I also like sports a LOT and things like gardening or painting the house or building furniture with my dad...

But then I am a lot of the time looking at theories and making connections between all these different ideas... I really do like ideas.

And I looove people and just cherishing each person exactly as they are, hearing their stories and trying to understand where they're coming from.

Ok ok ok... enough about me, gromit. For now, let's just focus on one thing: I want to understand what makes S different from N. Do we all use the different functions anyway, just PREFER some over the others? Is that part of maturation, learning to at least use lots of ways of processing and deciding and acting?

Here's what I posted in the Fictional S Characters thread:
So when a character or person exhibits sensing in one of these movies (or in real life), it's almost like an intuition, but based on a deep experiential knowledge of a system?

What do you guys think of that observation?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
So tell us ISFP's how often do you get caught with jer pants down?

aka...spanking it with a shampoo bottle hanging out of jer' arse? :devil:

What the heck does "jer" mean? What planet do you come from?

I have a big question for all the ISFPs/ISFps out there:

Objectively speaking, what do you think of this?

Source: Questions & Answers

popcornsmiley.gif

I think absolutely nothing of it.

ISFPs are pretty cool people.

True. :cool:

Are ISFPs prone to rambling if they're nervous?

Sometimes.

Most of the type profiles I've read for ISFPs say they don't like to talk too much and that they're generally not good with words. It seems that they must find different outlets to express how they feel, such as art, cooking, and other things like that.

I did an audio blog thingy about that subject. It's buried somewhere in my regular blog. I would go find it, but I'm lazy. The gist of it was, though, that the ISFPs who are interested in words tend to get better at using them, and the ones who aren't don't. We're not likely to develop conversational skill just for the sake of it like some types will.

I think "Fi" and "Se" constantly battle for dominance in me. A lot of decisions probably lean heavily one way or the other but the best actions are a result of them working together in a way that produces awesomeness. Such as creating something that looks or sounds cool and also cheers someone up or makes them forget about their worries.

I think I use "Si" to be nostalgic about the good times I remember and to aid me in making good decisions in the present based on the wisdom I have acquired from life experience.

:wubbie: I have definitely rescued worms after a rainstorm, too! I just feel so bad for them. I guess then this (and other things too) makes me wonder... am I an ENFP very in touch with Se, or am I something else with an actual S in the name?

Yes, you are obviously a Sensor. Worms are invisible to Intuitives.

:alttongue:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What? no fun tangents to wander off on for you? Surely you jest. :cheese:
I'm a little irritated that I can't figure out what topic is fun to go wonder off on. For right now I suppose there isn't. I can't find a pattern of it anywhere in my life. I'll get back to you on that.

I suck at words and I hate the way I sound when I talk (I always felt as if I had a mannish voice). I'd much rather express myself physically.

Same. When I'm excited, I become a babbling fool with all this extra energy in me. I'm more prone to talk and jump off the roof at the same time.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Come on! Let's get this thread up and rolling!! :holy:
Ask questions, do something please.

Don't make me come over there!!

Clonester

MBTI Type
ENFP
I LOVE ISFP's! Ok, well one in particular... :wubbie:

I've been dating one for the past month and a bit. It's absolutely great. She is so soft and caring, she melts me like butter. Her Se notices all these things that aren't even on my radar. We appeal a lot to each other based on our common Fi, and I think her values are even stronger than mine. We're very comfortable with each other and we have a lot of fun on our dates.

Any tips for a guy attracting an ISFP girl?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I also think nothing of this. Sounds like nonsense.

I have also definitely done some worm rescues.

I *love* your avatar! (if it is in fact you, otherwise forget it)

ISFPs are pretty awesome.

I think my good friend in college was/is an ISFP and perhaps my sister's husband. :D