User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

Thread: The ISFP Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    I've seen this is other istp guys. Something in them just screams Fi, but the Ti takes over, especially in a world where guys are perceived as needing to be T. Fi and Ti are very similar in the way that they delve inward; into the mind, exploring and inducing. I think they can work well together. Sometimes istjs are more like intjs; they both can use Si and Ni well. Si and Ni are not that dissimilar in the way that they both go inward to fathom the unfathomable. Same with Fe and Te and Se and Ne. I think of them as sister functions. Some simply seem to have an innate proclivity to do this, while others develop it over time.
    Interesting take..

I'm going to think about this some more. Probably would be a good idea to buy a book.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I feel honored to be part of this club.
    Today, I had a very happy Ti moment. I was vacuuming when, all of a sudden, the vacuum cleaner decided to make a meal out of the end of the sheer curtain. I turned off the vacuum and made it... um... regurgitate. It was not a happy camper because I deprived it of its snack so it took its revenge by refusing to suck up anything else, such as cat hair. I vacuumed fruitlessly, visualizing myself buying an expensive new vacuum cleaner for my sister (the proud owner of the vacuum cleaner). I informed myself that I was stupid and that I had committed vacuum cleaner-icide. Then I turned off the machine and looked at the bottom. I saw a reset button and pressed it as an experiment. Sure enough, it worked! I turned on the vacuum cleaner and it was no longer on strike! It began consuming all of the cat hair!!! I then informed myself that I was smart and not a vacuum cleaner murderer after all!!!
    So dramatic!
    Lots of Ti and Fi or was that Fe???

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Welcome to the ISXP club. I see myself as a mix, a typological mongrel.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    Who doesn't?
    Won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Even though I kinda dropped isfp for now.. I need to comment. I hate talking about relationships or shitty emotions I'm going through (like a down period) especially. Maybe not even good feelings...I don't know how to respond to compliments/heavy affection right away... or return the favor with the same excitement (maybe I shouldn't have to?). Even though I appreciate it.

I also don't like questions like "What've you been up to lately?" or "How was your week?" like I'm supposed to tell a story or what? My answer is usually "Not much"... then what I did do might come out spontaneously later on.

That said, if I have a new kick/idea/interest in my head, I'm very excitable/Fe like, and start rambling about it. Or if someone mentions something really interesting in a conversation, I can't contain myself.

Riva

^ Thanks, you just proved my point (the one in my thread).

Well I definitely talk more than your friend it seems. This may or may not matter, but how old are you two? I think I was even less talkative when younger.

I don't think I'm ISFP though because I can be explosive (not so much now, but it's still on the table), and don't identify with the non-assertive descriptions.. or the "easily taken advantage" of stuff. I'm a 33 year old guy with my own share of crazy history. Just the idea of being some meek childlike dude is... silly.

Yeah, you really need to look past that stuff. I don't feel I am any of these things either. And some istp have the opposite reaction to the istp descriptions.

I'll try man. It just sucks. It makes me feel like a fraud. I refined my value system for sure..and try to do better.. but I still wouldn't call myself meek these days either.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I don't like talking about relationships, either. I'd rather just experience them. As for shitty emotions, I try to distract myself with something positive and fun in hopes that the shitty emotion will just depart on its own. Sometimes that is very effective. As for responding to compliments, I ... um... say "thank you."
    But I don't mind the what have you been up to lately or how was your week? I can hardly wait to tell a story! It is great fun for me. In fact, I try to do stuff that I know has story telling potential. Falling out of rafts, getting tossed in jail, encountering huge rodents, etc... oh boy! It's all great material for more stories!!! And I can hardly resist the temptation to elaborate to make the stories more and more dramatic...
    Maybe I'm an (eek) esfp????????????
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I'm not meek, either. I don't think that you have to be a wimp to be an isfp.:workout:

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'll try man. It just sucks. It makes me feel like a fraud. I refined my value system for sure..and try to do better.. but I still wouldn't call myself meek these days either.