• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] The ISFP Thread

KDude

well, the passive aggressive part i don't identify with. it's more like an all or nothing approach for me. but i think where i'm passive and isp like -and what seperates me from a potentially "aggressive" personality (say, like, an entj) is just being happy in a complete negation of dominance or power. i don't care to control or lead anyone. i'm totally passive there. try to get in my space though, and it's different.

btw does anyone think johnny is isfp? or is he infp? i don't think he's that much different than some of us. my mom gave me the same values. heh.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxCaOzmV0LE].[/youtube]

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
i saw his name listed somewhere, i think it might be as an ISTP?

wolfy

awsm
I've seen him as either isfp or infp. Mostly infp. My mum's advice was more like, soak it up and walk on.

My thing with T vs F is that it binds the mind. Even if I look at Keirsey stuff, task orientation vs people orientation, directive or informative, that doesn't help either.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*jumps up and down*

yeah, i actually freaked my parents out in high school when i was being teased by a few kids because i would tell them i was going to do stuff like shove people down a flight of steps, etc.
...I actually pushed my sister down a steep rocky cliff, hill thing after calling her a... stupid f*cker. I was 12 and I really hurt her. I don't understand what in the world took over me at that point of my life to be so evil. :cry:

if you notice the lower case NT in my profile, it's because i'm convinced i'm almost a 50/50 split between ISFP and INTP. i can relate to this, and the ISFP passive-agressive type thing. i have a lot of ISFP interests, ie philosophy, nature/ animals, freak out if i'm stuck around conflict and am diagnosed with ADD. i also suck miserably at math.

however, i don't really have much interest in seeing a lot of my ideas implemented...i love thinking just for thinking's sake, have difficulty identifying and being flexible with other peoples' emotions, and have been known to act absurdly similar to House (from the tv show) when in thought or pissed off. i'm also a word and strategy game enthusiast, ESPECIALLY words. scrabble, words searches, hangman, you name it. i'm also absurdly fond of lists for some reason :confused:, although i have no clue what type this identifies with

and i'm gonna end post here because i'm getting carried away.

Well have you ever considered ISTP?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
ive considered it and i'm looking at it now. i've never been a risk seeker or adrenaline junkie at all...when i was little, i always hated it when people drove too fast on the highway, and i still rarely ever ride rollercoasters...and i am definitely hate being involved in crisis situations. i never really liked the industrial arts/ tech fields. the rest of the profile seems to fit though, including harsh one-liners, distaste for rote or abstract learning, etc. i think i should mention that i have a learning disability and a physical disability and have no clue how much or how little that might impact this...

KDude

ive considered it and i'm looking at it now. i've never been a risk seeker or adrenaline junkie at all...when i was little, i always hated it when people drove too fast on the highway, and i still rarely ever ride rollercoasters...and i am definitely hate being involved in crisis situations. i never really liked the industrial arts/ tech fields. the rest of the profile seems to fit though, including harsh one-liners, distaste for rote or abstract learning, etc. i think i should mention that i have a learning disability and a physical disability and have no clue how much or how little that might impact this...

harsh one liners shouldn't be too much of an indicator. i'm willing to bet many introverted thinkers are funny like that.

istps need not be high risk seekers,but they would mostly be physically oriented in one way or another. if you're physical disability gets in the way, then perhaps consider how you might be hands on in different ways. :) like with tools or practical problem solving (as opposed to the endless theorizing that NTs might get themselves caught up in).

wolfy

awsm
I was reading that book on google books. It is pretty interesting, I think I will order it too.

KDude

for the record, i've only looked at keirsey's stuff. maybe part of my problem is not reading enough. looking forward to reading it now.

on another note, i get results in tests like these a lot. hence the confusion (except with Percieving...where i'm totally hardcore).

Extraversion (E): 28 20 : (I) Introversion
Sensing (S): 36 32 : (N) iNtuition
Thinking (T): 32 52 : (F) Feeling
Judging (J): 8 56 : (P) Perceiving

You scored as an ESFP.

Assuming that you are an ESFP,
Your DOMINANT function is Extraverted Sensing.
Your AUXILIARY function is Introverted Feeling.
Your TERTIARY function is Extraverted Thinking.
Your INFERIOR function is Introverted Intuition.

wolfy

awsm
There is some interesting stuff in that book on measuring high in perceiver. Forget what it is now. Was interesting though.

KDude

sounds interesting..

to me... almost everything is so conditional, situational.. there are some important exceptions, but i usually don't default into any particular behavior, it just depends.

for instance, sillysapienne made a thread on jealousy somewhere around here, and thought J's were more inclined to be jealous. in my case, sometimes i can see a guy who's flirting and hitting on someone i'm with, and i see that he's harmless. i'm easy going. and then sometimes, i notice an air of cockyness about another guy, and so i introduce myself..

i'm not a big J with lists or schedules, but i can sometimes knock myself in a hardcore J mode for awhile when i need to be. or if a situation requires thinking, i'll notice and try..instead of insisting on feelings (and vice versa). not sure if this is what the book covered, but it seems like my Percieving dominates a lot of shit.

KDude

Cool.. thanks

I almost want to pick ENFP brains now on how they experience this. I heard they can get really introverted/a bit bogged down (via Ne and P). That, or I heard that some ENFP guys develop Ti and get ENTP like. I don't see why similar things wouldn't be the case with SP's too.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
WAKA WAKA WAKA

KDude

Jeffster you're probably on to something to just focus on Artisans as a whole.

I mean, we're ALL (somewhat unpredictable) P's here. Not all NF's or NT's are P's or J's.. That's kind of interesting.

wolfy

awsm
Nah, it is interesting to go in both directions. I like it how in that book she says that functions are simply a way to talk about aspects of our thinking that otherwise would be difficult to discuss.

Yabba Dabba Do

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
like i said, i think i'm a fairly close split. i can't recall if i mentioned this before or not, but i do talk in circles a lot and i frequently have to talk out my thoughts to someone for them to make sense...i could be thinking the exact same (and incredibly moronic) thing word-for-word, but when i actually verbalize the thought it seems to take on a different light.

KDude

From that book..thought it was right on.

P types are a bit like surfers. They make decisions by recognizing the right wave and going with it, relying on their natural skills and past experience to handle problems as they arise. Like a surfer shifting to maintain balance, P types count on their ability to improvise, and their reflexes are often keen.

If improvisation doesn't work, however, the experience is simply ruined. Once you've fallen off the board, there's nothing to be done.The moment is gone. P types in this situation are simply crushed and disappointed and feel exposed as inadequate. Indeed, when P types find themselves contending with the circumstances in which they have neither the skill or experience to count on, they die a thousand deaths, anticipating all manner of awful things that could go wrong. J types aren't like this.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
yup. which is why i immediately question a test that tells me i am judging moreso than perceiving.

sounds like a fascinating book, but i have too many on my to-read list already. it's been a while since i've delved into non-fiction, which is odd, because i loved fact books when i was a kid.