User Tag List

First 1018192021 Last

Thread: The ISFP Thread

Cool video, enjoyed it. He is vague on the process. I've seen a few Dylan videos where he is really vague about process.

As far as training, yeah, you have to learn the ins and outs. But then you can let go. There is a lot of Te in training others.

There really isn't a lot of Te in my training. It is Se and some combination of Fi/Ti. Really, that is how it is. I know guys who take that approach, but that was never me.

i've noticed people like that too.

in a way,i'm fascinated by Te approaches to life.. (not just in training). i wouldn't mind being guided along by someone who had it. let someone run that part of my life. heh edit: it would have to be an N though. i get the feeling they at least give people the illusion of freedom. my dad is an SJ. i already know what that's like.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    They're elusive, flighty creatures.

*sets up a colorful candy trap w/ cookies and cupcakes*
    ::walks along::

::snatch:: I got the cupcake!

D'oh!

:steam: trapped! dag-namit!

"I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    i've noticed people like that too.

in a way,i'm fascinated by Te approaches to life.. (not just in training). i wouldn't mind being guided along by someone who had it. let someone run that part of my life. heh edit: it would have to be an N though. i get the feeling they at least give people the illusion of freedom. my dad is an SJ. i already know what that's like.
    I think there is a danger in letting others run that part of your life. You have to be pretty careful in who you choose. Look at Elvis and Hendrix, they both had endless issues because they couldn't get a grip on that side. I know what you mean though, need someone to balance you. That is what a good partner will do, keep you on the straight and narrow.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

elvis and hendrix are ISFP's? or you just making a statement about needing a good partner?
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

Both, more the partner thing. Elvis was used as an example of an isfp in a book I read. I have seen Hendrix typed as isfp a few time. Both seem like they could be.

I was thinking about this need for organisation. A desire for organisational skills that I have seen in myself. That is what I label Te, getting stuff outside of me organized into some kind of system.

If you are isfp you probably value creativity. You probably have a creative mindset. The type descriptions almost always talk about having a value for creativity so the likelihood is pretty good you have a creative mindset if you've been going reading the descriptions and seeing yourself in them.

If you have a creative mindset it kind of follows you'll have a problem with organisation. That is often is the case. There are tons of resources on getting organised for creative types.

So I think that you can cut to the chase and miss out all that "what is Te" stuff and study how creative types got there lives ordered.

I think there is a lot to be learnt from that area for isfp.

Here is a start The Creative Personality By Mihaly Csikszentmihaly

I'd say I'd like more "Te", but not really in organizing.. more like I wish I had devoted myself to music with some Te more.. like "do this much practice at so and so hour". I'd do better with more longterm career/money goals too. I guess. I mean, if it was entirely up to me, I wouldn't give a shit. To quote Marlon Brando, I would prefer that someone just threw a bag of cash on my doorstep every month. He didn't like his job either, as cool as it was. But apparently, that's not reality to think that way. I'm coming to the realization that life is your job. Not everything else besides your job, as I've believed all of my life. Everything about "reality" tells me that, so maybe I should just play along, define myself with some larger goal, stick with it.

I know what you mean about sticking with one thing. I guess the upside of doing a lot of things is that it gives you broad skills and knowledge and that makes a person interesting and gives them the ability to adapt.

It is never too late to choose.

I think life includes your job. I have gone through periods where I have struggled because my job didn't match with some aspect of what I wanted to be. When I got into training I really struggled with baking. Because making bread didn't mesh with my whole thing. Some need to keep everything holistic, congruent, whole, authentic, I don't know which word reflects that best. It is kind of a strange quirk I think but there it is and it isn't going away.

So I tend to get wrapped up in having everything reflect me.