User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

Thread: The ISFP Thread

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you ISFP's do for a living or hope to do career wise? If in school, what are you studying?
    I bounced around from job to job because eventually they would become boring. Nothing seemed to catch my passions and I didn't even know what my passions were because alot of things seems so interesting.

I did the MBTI test in relations to temperament to see what job would be a fit (unoffically tested as ISFJ) but those jobs would only be interesting because they were new - a new adventure in learning - for about 2 years or less.

I don't think I could even do university unless I was passionate about something so that left me with minimum wage/entry level jobs. Evenutally I ended up meeting my ISTP husband, moving out of the city. Becoming pregnant (3 kids) and the stay at home mom has been great. I would never have realized, when I was younger, that I would enjoy staying at home and raising our kids, so far....

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I never would have I realized when I was younger that I enjoy staying at home and raising our kids, so far....
    Yeah, me as well. But now I feel like I'm spoiled. The whole concept of having to work just kills me. All I ever wanted as a kid was to be independently wealthy so I never had to think about it. I'd have my awesome tree house, my boat to sail around the world, and in the midst of my adventures I would save animals/natural habitats in need, play my guitar, maybe paint. That's still all I want, really.

sounds nice

i don't have kids...im more appreciative though of what it may be like after friends starting having families and stuff. but i kind of vowed long ago to be pretty old before i had kids (before 40 though!)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

independently wealthy, traveling and saving the world. sounds like dreams i have. haha.

and i'm definitely the same on only holding my interests for so long, then i jump to something new.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Yeah, me as well. But now I feel like I'm spoiled. The whole concept of having to work just kills me. All I ever wanted as a kid was to be independently wealthy so I never had to think about it. I'd have my awesome tree house, my boat to sail around the world, and in the midst of my adventures I would save animals/natural habitats in need, play my guitar, maybe paint. That's still all I want, really.
    LOL. I can relate. I truely don't know how some women do their full time job, keep house and be a mother. Especially when children are under 5 years old. I am very grateful that my husband can afford to keep me home.

More power to women who do manage it!

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    More power to women who do manage it!
    Yeah, but if I were to try I fear I would look like Woody Allen on crack... or I would get all St John the Baptist and just walk off into the woods and subsist on locusts and honey. I have no idea how people maintain their sanity in such situations. I have an ENFJ friend who went back to work full-time when her son was three weeks old. She lays out her clothes for the week in advance and gets up every morning at four to work out. And she seems totally sane and happy. I can't even manage to put the laundry away... don't get it...

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yeah, but if I were to try I fear I would look like Woody Allen on crack... or I would get all St John the Baptist and just walk off into the woods and subsist on locusts and honey. I have no idea how people maintain their sanity in such situations. I have an ENFJ friend who went back to work full-time when her son was three weeks old. She lays out her clothes for the week in advance and gets up every morning at four to work out. And she seems totally sane and happy. I can't even manage to put the laundry away... don't get it...
    You probably could cope after an adjustment but would you be happy?

Now that I have a taste of the SAHM lifestyle, I enjoy setting my own pace, goals for the day including goofing off and I definiately enjoy being the boss.

ENFJ...are they not the ambitious type?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    Who doesn't?
    I'll do you a favour and make it obvious.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

omg, that sounds horrible! seriously, more power to those who can do it though. my sister is an ESFJ and she seems to have time management skills and is perfectly happy as well. full time school, work, now married and keeping the house cleaned, volunteer projects and does the regular bar thing or cookouts and makes time for the gym and lying around the house to watch tv. i'm always just flabbergasted when i hear everything she's been up to.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    omg, that sounds horrible! seriously, more power to those who can do it though. my sister is an ESFJ and she seems to have time management skills and is perfectly happy as well. full time school, work, now married and keeping the house cleaned, volunteer projects and does the regular bar thing or cookouts and makes time for the gym and lying around the house to watch tv. i'm always just flabbergasted when i hear everything she's been up to.

Does she have kids?