• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFP] The ISFP Thread

Sunny Ghost

I know what you mean about sticking with one thing. I guess the upside of doing a lot of things is that it gives you broad skills and knowledge and that makes a person interesting and gives them the ability to adapt.

It is never too late to choose.

I think life includes your job. I have gone through periods where I have struggled because my job didn't match with some aspect of what I wanted to be. When I got into training I really struggled with baking. Because making bread didn't mesh with my whole thing. Some need to keep everything holistic, congruent, whole, authentic, I don't know which word reflects that best. It is kind of a strange quirk I think but there it is and it isn't going away.

So I tend to get wrapped up in having everything reflect me.

omg, yes! i have a difficult time choosing the right path, because i want my path to serve some purpose in the "greater scheme of things." minus the grandiose. in that sense, i'm practical. i'm 25, still in college, and about to jump majors for the millionth time. :doh::cry:

as far as organization goes, i'm great at keeping the house clean and i never ever lose anything. i always know and remember exactly where i've put away everything, including my roommates things. haha! :smile: but when it comes to financial matters, keeping up with the bills, keeping my bank account in check, saving, doing homework on time, etc... i just have a hard time with it. i have these phases every so often, which typically root more out of depression and a need to "get my act together," where i can do really well with these things. but it's something i have to fully absorb my mind into doing. it's an all or nothing thing. and when i get into those super organized phases, i feel a complete lack of happiness and creativity. :shrug:

countrygirl

MBTI Type
ISFJ
omg, yes! i have a difficult time choosing the right path, because i want my path to serve some purpose in the "greater scheme of things." minus the grandiose. in that sense, i'm practical. i'm 25, still in college, and about to jump majors for the millionth time. :doh::cry:

as far as organization goes, i'm great at keeping the house clean and i never ever lose anything. i always know and remember exactly where i've put away everything, including my roommates things. haha! :smile: but when it comes to financial matters, keeping up with the bills, keeping my bank account in check, saving, doing homework on time, etc... i just have a hard time with it. i have these phases every so often, which typically root more out of depression and a need to "get my act together," where i can do really well with these things. but it's something i have to fully absorb my mind into doing. it's an all or nothing thing. and when i get into those super organized phases, i feel a complete lack of happiness and creativity. :shrug:

The trick is in finding a balance and prioritizing plus using a calendar/daily planner. Also I write everything down (on our desk calendar) as soon as I can or I'll forget about it. With three kids this is a must for me. I do perfer a structure day but it does kill the creativity and it gets very boring fast.