User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Thread: The ISFP Thread

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Yeah, I mean considering we're like 5% of the total population, I'd say we have a fairly strong presence, especially in what's considered by some to be an "intuitive" medium.

I will say, however, that if I'm on this site for longer than twenty minutes, I feel very unhealthy. Sitting in front of computer=. Participating in the real physical world=
    I wondered about the math, that's quite low in comparison to other types, no?

I too feel confined in my head to much if I stay on the computer, watch tv or get involved in a book. Need to get physical in the world even just for a walk.

And no Jeffster, I'm not talking about outdoor sex.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    And no Jeffster, I'm not talking about outdoor sex.
    okie dokie.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Whaaa? There's tons of ISFPs online.
    I dunno... I've joined many forums much like this one, and it's hard to find other ISFP's. This particular forum seems to have more than any other I've ever found. Maybe all the artisan's just congregated to this particular site.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    I dunno... I've joined many forums much like this one, and it's hard to find other ISFP's. This particular forum seems to have more than any other I've ever found. Maybe all the artisan's just congregated to this particular site.
    Well, you said "online" before, not "forums like this one." Of course typology forums are not going to have a high population of any Sensing type, because the whole thing is an abstract subject, not one of general interest to most people. You have to actually get to know the subject a bit to realize that it can actually have practical usage.

Intuitive types, on the other hand, don't have the same need for practical application of theories so they are happy to go on and on discussing matters that stay in the abstract arena, which is why they represent the overwhelming majority of people on forums discussing these types of subjects.

Go to forums about music, sports, business, cars, clothes, movies, parenting and family, and many other subjects about tangible reality, and the numbers are flipped, with the Sensors in the majority. It's funny, because on some of the other forums I'm a member of, like sports forums, I now play a little game called "Spot the Intuitive" because after I read up on typology I would recognize their different style of communication instantly as it stands out in a sea of Sensing perspectives.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Well, you said "online" before, not "forums like this one." Of course typology forums are not going to have a high population of any Sensing type, because the whole thing is an abstract subject, not one of general interest to most people. You have to actually get to know the subject a bit to realize that it can actually have practical usage.
    Sorry about the lack of clarity. Totally meant on "type" forums like this one.

Well, for those ISFP's who are into understanding the MBTI... what about it attracts you to it? I see for you, Jeffster, you came to see it's practical usage, but what drew you in earlier on? Just a curiosity question.

I know you're asking Jeffster, but I think I'm just here because I like boards with a wide range of topics, and an even gender ratio. I like reading guitar forums, and it seems there's a ton of dudes.. Sports, the same. Video game discussions, same. or movie related, pretty much the same for some reason.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I should work on clarity. Haha. It's open to all ISFP's. Made me curious after Jeffster's response. So, eurika, he hit it on the nail for us ISFP's. Hrm.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I don't know why I come here, there are some cool people and always a variety of topics. Also there is something kind of comfortably self indulgent about MBTI.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I don't know why I come here, there are some cool people and always a variety of topics. Also there is something kind of comfortably self indulgent about MBTI.
    hahaha. you know, i often feel that same guilt.

MBTI
    ISFP

hello

I just joined Typology Central... I'm an ISFP, but I need to ask this question to all other ISFPs out there:

I'm a student in college (German Language B.A.) and I always have a lot of assigned reading to do in my classes... and I always struggle to actually start reading and about three pages into the book I'm either asleep or get distracted. However, when we get to choose our own books to read for independent papers and presentations, I can't seem to pull myself away from whatever book I choose to read. Do any other ISFPs get bored easily with tasks assigned by somebody else (teacher/boss/parent), but find that they are extremely motivated when they are granted freedom to pursue their own interests?