User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Thread: The ISFP Thread

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    ^The chapter on extroversion is interesting too. She associates introverts as being more in touch with their needs and goals, and not at the mercy of their surroundings as much. The chapter has cut off now, so I'll just get to it in the hard copy.. but by that measure, I'm more extraverted.
    Yeah, I don't know about that. I think you should just read the Fi section and see whether you totally, absurdly relate to it or not. (Or possibly the Ti section... or the Se section...) Then you'll know-

cause I relate to a good chunk of the extrovert stuff- I have a tendency to lose myself and forget my needs and goals to an extent, but I would peg that more to being a nine or adhd, not introvert vs extrovert. And Fi is where I for sure do stay true to myself- for example, I have always considered the mistreatment of other living beings as wrong, and I will never sway from that, ever.

Also the section on introverted perceivers in the Thomson book very much resonates for me. It is obvious that I fit into that category... so introvert I be.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

New to this forum, but I am an ISFP female.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    New to this forum, but I am an ISFP female.
    Welcome.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Thank you.

I wonder why it is so difficult to find our type online. I mean... I'm a pretty stereotypical ISFp, if I may say so myself... however, sometimes I feel a bit more balanced between S and N, as well as F and T, than a normal ISFP. However, it is definitely my dominant function to be an introverted feeler and extroverted sensor. But I do enjoy listening to and learning philosophy... however I would rarely go on to share or openly discuss these things with others. Rather, I think about them internally and contemplate the ideas on my own. And with age, I've become much less a pushover... and in fact, I can be quite assertive and confrontational when I feel it is necessary.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thank you.

I wonder why it is so difficult to find our type online. I mean... I'm a pretty stereotypical ISFp, if I may say so myself... however, sometimes I feel a bit more balanced between S and N, as well as F and T, than a normal ISFP. However, it is definitely my dominant function to be an introverted feeler and extroverted sensor. But I do enjoy listening to and learning philosophy... however I would rarely go on to share or openly discuss these things with others. Rather, I think about them internally and contemplate the ideas on my own. And with age, I've become much less a pushover... and in fact, I can be quite assertive and confrontational when I feel it is necessary.

I have no idea why our type is not online. Perhaps our type don't really share or openly discuss our internal world(s) whatever they may be.

Have you done your enneagram? And don't forget to go to the Introduction Section and introduce yourself.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

I have a long time ago... 4, 5, or something like that. Introduction section? I'll look into it.

Typically, I'm not very comfortable sharing... but I find the internet to be a great place to disclose things I don't feel comfortable sharing in normal social settings. However, I can still be just as hurt even from online forum jabs or insults, as I can be in person. Also, because I am typing at my own pace and proof read, I feel as though I can make clearer and more concise statements then I could were I one and one with another person.

With the mbti, I've also established comfort in knowing that I'm not weird! I'm just an ISFp. Which is why I love researching and learning about it.

I hear you on not discussing philosophy a lot. Personally, I think it's best to just mull over what works, and try to live up to it (not always..key word is try).

That, and I'm not good at "sounding" like a smart person..so I generally keep it minimal

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have a long time ago... 4, 5, or something like that. Introduction section? I'll look into it.

Typically, I'm not very comfortable sharing... but I find the internet to be a great place to disclose things I don't feel comfortable sharing in normal social settings. However, I can still be just as hurt even from online forum jabs or insults, as I can be in person. Also, because I am typing at my own pace and proof read, I feel as though I can make clearer and more concise statements then I could were I one and one with another person.

With the mbti, I've also established comfort in knowing that I'm not weird! I'm just an ISFp. Which is why I love researching and learning about it.
    Probably a five like me since I don't feel very comfortable sharing either nor do I like to be vulunable, even online. I'm working on the vulunablity since it's more a reflection of being sensitive to other people comments.

Yes being an ISFP is very different. When I first got here on this forum, I thought I was an ISFJ, but a very individual one. Then I realized that I grew up with very overbearing SJ parents!
    Last edited by countrygirl; 05-29-2010 at 11:56 AM.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I wonder why it is so difficult to find our type online.
    Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I have no idea why our type is not online.
    Whaaa? There's tons of ISFPs online.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Whaaa? There's tons of ISFPs online.
    Yeah, I mean considering we're like 5% of the total population, I'd say we have a fairly strong presence, especially in what's considered by some to be an "intuitive" medium.

I will say, however, that if I'm on this site for longer than twenty minutes, I feel very unhealthy. Sitting in front of computer=. Participating in the real physical world=