User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Thread: The ISFP Thread

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Yes, that is me. I frequently succeed with improvisation but, when I fail, it's all melodrama. Tears and visualization of impending doom...

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    From that book..thought it was right on.

P types are a bit like surfers. They make decisions by recognizing the right wave and going with it, relying on their natural skills and past experience to handle problems as they arise. Like a surfer shifting to maintain balance, P types count on their ability to improvise, and their reflexes are often keen.

If improvisation doesn't work, however, the experience is simply ruined. Once you've fallen off the board, there's nothing to be done.The moment is gone. P types in this situation are simply crushed and disappointed and feel exposed as inadequate. Indeed, when P types find themselves contending with the circumstances in which they have neither the skill or experience to count on, they die a thousand deaths, anticipating all manner of awful things that could go wrong. J types aren't like this.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

brainheart

Love that I started a book club!

^The chapter on extroversion is interesting too. She associates introverts as being more in touch with their needs and goals, and not at the mercy of their surroundings as much. The chapter has cut off now, so I'll just get to it in the hard copy.. but by that measure, I'm more extraverted.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

notes on previous things said... as an evil, interloping ESTP

Fs can seem rather T like at times, a lot depends on function development and environment... just the same as Ts can seem rather F-ish at times (like my tendancy to move earth worms off the sidewalk after the rain, take spiders outside and refusal to watch the episode of Futurama with the dog ever again )... a lot of that has to do with individuals in a way... and part of that could be gender as well- Guys are EXPECTED to have a T-ish mannerism and girls are expected to be squishy and nice

Also the introversion/extroversion thing is interesting- by normal definitions, I'm an introvert... I almost NEVER actively socialize or attend parties or anything of the sort, but I process things from the outside in, as opposed to the inside out... I don't process things from whatever's within me primarily... I look to the outside for direction in making judgements and such in a way

On simple tests I score as a moderate introvert... on functions tests or more in depth tests I score as a severe extrovert
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

I don't look towards the outside for judgements (I think that's because of your relatively low Fe right?). I'm looking for guidance, some validation, enjoyment, even inspiration...Hmm... and a nice ass true love. I need to bring all of these home and process them

Sort of kidding.. I just find it difficult sometimes to be sure of what I want on my own. And when I do, I compare myself to others. I had a friend years back who used to try to correct me on that. I didn't know what he was so irritated about..but he was definitely an introvert. Maybe that was it.

Anyways, I need to get that book asap. That, or just run into the woods, no people, no entertainment.. just see how well I can do with only my thoughts.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Any other ISFP females on this forum other than stepho?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Yes. Here I am!

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I think there's like three others who post sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Yes. Here I am!
    There she is!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

brainheart

I am of the female gender as well-