User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Thread: The ISFP Thread

sounds interesting..

to me... almost everything is so conditional, situational.. there are some important exceptions, but i usually don't default into any particular behavior, it just depends.

for instance, sillysapienne made a thread on jealousy somewhere around here, and thought J's were more inclined to be jealous. in my case, sometimes i can see a guy who's flirting and hitting on someone i'm with, and i see that he's harmless. i'm easy going. and then sometimes, i notice an air of cockyness about another guy, and so i introduce myself..

i'm not a big J with lists or schedules, but i can sometimes knock myself in a hardcore J mode for awhile when i need to be. or if a situation requires thinking, i'll notice and try..instead of insisting on feelings (and vice versa). not sure if this is what the book covered, but it seems like my Percieving dominates a lot of shit.

Yeah, it was about you and the development of self awareness I think. Here is a link to the preview of the book.

Cool.. thanks

I almost want to pick ENFP brains now on how they experience this. I heard they can get really introverted/a bit bogged down (via Ne and P). That, or I heard that some ENFP guys develop Ti and get ENTP like. I don't see why similar things wouldn't be the case with SP's too.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

WAKA WAKA WAKA
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Jeffster you're probably on to something to just focus on Artisans as a whole.

I mean, we're ALL (somewhat unpredictable) P's here. Not all NF's or NT's are P's or J's.. That's kind of interesting.

Nah, it is interesting to go in both directions. I like it how in that book she says that functions are simply a way to talk about aspects of our thinking that otherwise would be difficult to discuss.

Yabba Dabba Do

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

like i said, i think i'm a fairly close split. i can't recall if i mentioned this before or not, but i do talk in circles a lot and i frequently have to talk out my thoughts to someone for them to make sense...i could be thinking the exact same (and incredibly moronic) thing word-for-word, but when i actually verbalize the thought it seems to take on a different light.

From that book..thought it was right on.

P types are a bit like surfers. They make decisions by recognizing the right wave and going with it, relying on their natural skills and past experience to handle problems as they arise. Like a surfer shifting to maintain balance, P types count on their ability to improvise, and their reflexes are often keen.

If improvisation doesn't work, however, the experience is simply ruined. Once you've fallen off the board, there's nothing to be done.The moment is gone. P types in this situation are simply crushed and disappointed and feel exposed as inadequate. Indeed, when P types find themselves contending with the circumstances in which they have neither the skill or experience to count on, they die a thousand deaths, anticipating all manner of awful things that could go wrong. J types aren't like this.

That is pretty cool. Like that, I can relate to that.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

yup. which is why i immediately question a test that tells me i am judging moreso than perceiving.

sounds like a fascinating book, but i have too many on my to-read list already. it's been a while since i've delved into non-fiction, which is odd, because i loved fact books when i was a kid.