User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Thread: The ISFP Thread

well, the passive aggressive part i don't identify with. it's more like an all or nothing approach for me. but i think where i'm passive and isp like -and what seperates me from a potentially "aggressive" personality (say, like, an entj) is just being happy in a complete negation of dominance or power. i don't care to control or lead anyone. i'm totally passive there. try to get in my space though, and it's different.

btw does anyone think johnny is isfp? or is he infp? i don't think he's that much different than some of us. my mom gave me the same values. heh.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxCaOzmV0LE].[/youtube]

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

i saw his name listed somewhere, i think it might be as an ISTP?

I've seen him as either isfp or infp. Mostly infp. My mum's advice was more like, soak it up and walk on.

My thing with T vs F is that it binds the mind. Even if I look at Keirsey stuff, task orientation vs people orientation, directive or informative, that doesn't help either.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    *jumps up and down*

yeah, i actually freaked my parents out in high school when i was being teased by a few kids because i would tell them i was going to do stuff like shove people down a flight of steps, etc.
    ...I actually pushed my sister down a steep rocky cliff, hill thing after calling her a... stupid f*cker. I was 12 and I really hurt her. I don't understand what in the world took over me at that point of my life to be so evil.

if you notice the lower case NT in my profile, it's because i'm convinced i'm almost a 50/50 split between ISFP and INTP. i can relate to this, and the ISFP passive-agressive type thing. i have a lot of ISFP interests, ie philosophy, nature/ animals, freak out if i'm stuck around conflict and am diagnosed with ADD. i also suck miserably at math.

however, i don't really have much interest in seeing a lot of my ideas implemented...i love thinking just for thinking's sake, have difficulty identifying and being flexible with other peoples' emotions, and have been known to act absurdly similar to House (from the tv show) when in thought or pissed off. i'm also a word and strategy game enthusiast, ESPECIALLY words. scrabble, words searches, hangman, you name it. i'm also absurdly fond of lists for some reason :confused:, although i have no clue what type this identifies with

and i'm gonna end post here because i'm getting carried away.
    Well have you ever considered ISTP?
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

ive considered it and i'm looking at it now. i've never been a risk seeker or adrenaline junkie at all...when i was little, i always hated it when people drove too fast on the highway, and i still rarely ever ride rollercoasters...and i am definitely hate being involved in crisis situations. i never really liked the industrial arts/ tech fields. the rest of the profile seems to fit though, including harsh one-liners, distaste for rote or abstract learning, etc. i think i should mention that i have a learning disability and a physical disability and have no clue how much or how little that might impact this...

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Lenore Thomson - Personality Type: An Owner's Manual
    Ah, thanks KDude.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairdoug View Post
    ive considered it and i'm looking at it now. i've never been a risk seeker or adrenaline junkie at all...when i was little, i always hated it when people drove too fast on the highway, and i still rarely ever ride rollercoasters...and i am definitely hate being involved in crisis situations. i never really liked the industrial arts/ tech fields. the rest of the profile seems to fit though, including harsh one-liners, distaste for rote or abstract learning, etc. i think i should mention that i have a learning disability and a physical disability and have no clue how much or how little that might impact this...
    harsh one liners shouldn't be too much of an indicator. i'm willing to bet many introverted thinkers are funny like that.

istps need not be high risk seekers,but they would mostly be physically oriented in one way or another. if you're physical disability gets in the way, then perhaps consider how you might be hands on in different ways. like with tools or practical problem solving (as opposed to the endless theorizing that NTs might get themselves caught up in).

I was reading that book on google books. It is pretty interesting, I think I will order it too.

for the record, i've only looked at keirsey's stuff. maybe part of my problem is not reading enough. looking forward to reading it now.

on another note, i get results in tests like these a lot. hence the confusion (except with Percieving...where i'm totally hardcore).

Extraversion (E): 28 20 : (I) Introversion
    Sensing (S): 36 32 : (N) iNtuition
    Thinking (T): 32 52 : (F) Feeling
    Judging (J): 8 56 : (P) Perceiving

You scored as an ESFP.

Assuming that you are an ESFP,
    Your DOMINANT function is Extraverted Sensing.
    Your AUXILIARY function is Introverted Feeling.
    Your TERTIARY function is Extraverted Thinking.
    Your INFERIOR function is Introverted Intuition.

There is some interesting stuff in that book on measuring high in perceiver. Forget what it is now. Was interesting though.