User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 202

Thread: The ISFP Thread

  1. #91

    Default

    Yeah, well I mean, what would make either type meek or not? I mean really? If you look past any stereotype bullshit. If you really look at the essence there is nothing in it. Just an orientation, a way of thinking.

    Rather than punishing yourself over type. Which type am I and all that, just take what you need. There isn't any need to adapt to a system, a model, force it to adapt to you.

    I dunno, depends what you want. Aren't a lot of answers here beyond what you have now.

  2. #92
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I can hardly wait to tell a story! It is great fun for me. In fact, I try to do stuff that I know has story telling potential. Falling out of rafts, getting tossed in jail, encountering huge rodents, etc... oh boy! It's all great material for more stories!!! And I can hardly resist the temptation to elaborate to make the stories more and more dramatic...
    Maybe I'm an (eek) esfp????????????
    That's because your stories are awesome it seems .

  3. #93
    it's tea time! Walking Tourist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    That's because your stories are awesome it seems .
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

  4. #94
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I don't think I'm ISFP though because I can be explosive (not so much now, but it's still on the table), and don't identify with the non-assertive descriptions.. or the "easily taken advantage" of stuff. I'm a 33 year old guy with my own share of crazy history. Just the idea of being some meek childlike dude is... silly.
    None of what you say seems un-ISFP to me. Are you enneagram 9w8 per chance? I think we can get pretty aggressive at times- I know I can. Don't pay so much attention to the descriptions. I think ISFPs and ISTPs can seem very similar because I think we often have similar interests, what with being introverts and having Se as our extroverted function and all...

    The ISFP descriptions are often seriously flawed. Did you get that Lenore Thomson book like I recommended? It has a great explanation of Fi (and Ti), as well as the best profiles, I do believe.

    I mean, maybe you are ISTP, who knows? But something tells me you aren't, I guess cause I feel like we've connected on the Fi, which is something I tend to notice with people. It's like dominant Fi-users just instantly get each other.

  5. #95
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I just ordered that book actually. I'm a procrastinator But yeah, I don't think I'm totally without Fi. And you're one of the posters I can relate to a lot (like communication style, etc). But hell, there are not many misunderstandings with any Fi-Se/ isfps really. INFPs and ENFPs, a little.

    Anyways, I'll probably get a better picture after reading.

  6. #96
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    Did you get that Lenore Thomson book like I recommended? It has a great explanation of Fi (and Ti), as well as the best profiles, I do believe.
    Brainheart, what's the name of the book?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  7. #97
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Wolfy
    KDude
    Kingfisher

    All ISXPs

    I'm pretty certain of my ISFPness, I think you guys do have a type, seems kind of like an enneagram thing too.

    You can use both Ti and Fi but it's a matter of figuring out which one feels natural like a well fitting glove and which one takes a bit more effort.

    I think Fi (and therefore ISFPs) can certainly be explosive though, because Fi is mostly happening behind the scenes, simmering away perhaps and then all of a sudden it boils over and everyone knows about it (perhaps even to the surprise of the ISFP themselves), whereas you can tell almost right away when something is bothering an Fe type.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  8. #98
    Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Posts
    4,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Wolfy
    KDude
    Kingfisher

    All ISXPs

    I'm pretty certain of my ISFPness, I think you guys do have a type, seems kind of like an enneagram thing too.

    You can use both Ti and Fi but it's a matter of figuring out which one feels natural like a well fitting glove and which one takes a bit more effort.

    I think Fi (and therefore ISFPs) can certainly be explosive though, because Fi is mostly happening behind the scenes, simmering away perhaps and then all of a sudden it boils over and everyone knows about it (perhaps even to the surprise of the ISFP themselves), whereas you can tell almost right away when something is bothering an Fe type.

    Up until I was 16, I would have these points where I would just explode and scare people around me. I was soft spoken and often never knew how to express my hurt or disagreement, resulting in it building and exploding on my family. I would hit, scream and just spazz out in ways that always surprised me and others. Especially between the ages of 13-16, I did things I can never take back because I was such an angry, insecure girl.

    So yes, ISFPs can get explosive. It's really how and where you direct it all. I had to make the decision that I wasn't going to explode on my family anymore and better communicate my frustrations. It's been almost four years since the last time I hit or screamed at anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

  9. #99
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Brainheart, what's the name of the book?
    Lenore Thomson - Personality Type: An Owner's Manual

  10. #100
    Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp
    Posts
    3,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post

    Up until I was 16, I would have these points where I would just explode and scare people around me. I was soft spoken and often never knew how to express my hurt or disagreement, resulting in it building and exploding on my family. I would hit, scream and just spazz out in ways that always surprised me and others. Especially between the ages of 13-16, I did things I can never take back because I was such an angry, insecure girl.

    So yes, ISFPs can get explosive. It's really how and where you direct it all. I had to make the decision that I wasn't going to explode on my family anymore and better communicate my frustrations. It's been almost four years since the last time I hit or screamed at anyone.
    *jumps up and down*

    yeah, i actually freaked my parents out in high school when i was being teased by a few kids because i would tell them i was going to do stuff like shove people down a flight of steps, etc.

    if you notice the lower case NT in my profile, it's because i'm convinced i'm almost a 50/50 split between ISFP and INTP. i can relate to this, and the ISFP passive-agressive type thing. i have a lot of ISFP interests, ie philosophy, nature/ animals, freak out if i'm stuck around conflict and am diagnosed with ADD. i also suck miserably at math.

    however, i don't really have much interest in seeing a lot of my ideas implemented...i love thinking just for thinking's sake, have difficulty identifying and being flexible with other peoples' emotions, and have been known to act absurdly similar to House (from the tv show) when in thought or pissed off. i'm also a word and strategy game enthusiast, ESPECIALLY words. scrabble, words searches, hangman, you name it. i'm also absurdly fond of lists for some reason :confused:, although i have no clue what type this identifies with

    and i'm gonna end post here because i'm getting carried away.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFP] The Official Nobody Hates ISFPs Thread
    By Jeffster in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 283
    Last Post: 12-19-2014, 12:51 PM
  2. [ISFP] the frightening shadow of the isfp
    By sleuthiness in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-05-2012, 02:53 AM
  3. [ISFP] What are the ISFP's main love languages?
    By Lightyear in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 10:33 AM
  4. [ISFP] Questions for the ISFP women
    By Timeless in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-02-2009, 06:09 AM
  5. The Hundredth Thread
    By Rajah in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO